Send Topic Print
Hobby Lobby (Read 160 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Hobby Lobby
Reply #15 - 07/02/14 at 08:30:48

Soooo, because of some fear someone MAY one day fight against something wrong headedly we should ignore the right and reasonable position of today's plaintiffs?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 07/02/14 at 08:32:23

As I said it is the first toe hold

Guess you agree with those who say the same thing about gay marriage...

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 07/02/14 at 08:57:59

What about it?

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 07/02/14 at 10:39:24

You saw the scrutiny this went through. There is no killing in a transfusion. I've seen nothing in the Bible against it. I've seen no corporation that is closely held that is against it. It's a silly argument to justify stepping on the true and right religious position H.L. has taken. Remember, they DO as they SAY they believe. Closed on Sunday.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #19 - 07/02/14 at 18:28:26

Historically, health insurance has been a benefit chosen and offered by a company as way to attract and retain the talent they want. Just like vacation, profit sharing and such it is the company's choice what to offer and to whom. If the quality of health coverage is an issue then employment seekers can focus their job search on those businesses that offer the best coverage. My company offers three different versions.

As for the closely held corporation and partnership issue, the heart of the case, it is not Hobby Lobby (the ficticious person) that provides the abortion/contraceptive coverage, rather, it is the family or the 4-5 people who are the business owners that provide it. How can the government pick 4-5 people and demand they violate their Constitutionally protected freedom of Religion to provide free abortions/contraceptives in violation of their conscience?

The real travesty here is that this cluster F of a law ever made it through the process.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #20 - 07/02/14 at 19:20:43

I have lived where I am now, for 35 years.

When I first moved here, 2-3 times a year,
I had the Jehovah’s Witnesses,  ‘Bugging Me”.
Then one very Hot Muggy Summer day,
I was cutting up a tree, which blew down in the last nights wind.

In drove a  NEW  Buick,  with two ladies, and two men,
Perfectly and smartly dressed, and out they popped, All talking, and waving their, ‘Watch Tower” info pamphlets.
I Shut off the chain saw, sat on the log, Lit a cig, and said:
  “Ya know, I think you got got something going their,
   if only you didn’t SUPPORT,  the  KILLING, of children”

They all talked at once telling me that is not true.

Then I said:   “You Don’t Vote Right”

They meekly  said, ‘yes’.

Then I said:  “Well, because you,  “do NOT’,  vote,
As a religious group, then, you, Have  Voted  FOR,  ‘Abortion”, IN  ANY shape or form, and for Any Reason”

One said:  “Well Cezar upon Cezar”.
I said: “What the hexx does, what someone said over 2,000 years ago, have to do with  KILLING un born Children today have ANY influence on what you do”

They were silent.

I said: Come back, when you actually take part in the process, which influences the government, of the country, you are living in. Until then,  NEVER  come down this drive again”

They left, ‘meekly’.
They have not been back, in 30 years  !!!!!!!

The HL people, ARE, partaking  in,  Voicing their,  RIGHT, to Their Opinion !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 07/02/14 at 21:17:45

Dane pretty much nailed it.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 07/03/14 at 05:02:41

verslagen1 wrote on 07/02/14 at 08:57:59:
What about it?

One of the arguments against gay marriage is that at it's heart, it removes the core foundations of marriage and replaces it with marriages that are created simply because two people say their relationship should be defined as a marriage. Once this concept is established, then what is the rational behind any further limitations? Why limit it to only two people? That makes no sense if three people now say they can only be fulfilled if they are married? Why couldn't siblings get married? Now that procreation and historical father/mother raising their own children has been removed as the basis of a marriage, why not a brother and sister, or two brothers or two sisters?

That is the slippery slope of gay marriage and I agree with you to an extent, there is a potential slippery slope now in effect because of Hobby Lobby. However, since I agree with the Hobby Lobby decision and I likely would agree with going down that slope further, I'm okay with that slope being created. Unlike gay marriage, the media and entertainment culture will not actively promote it. The Hobby Lobby decision is solely about limiting abortions and further promoting the concept of life. I'm in favor of anything that does that.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 07/03/14 at 05:10:56

Good points, Mark. And no, they won't be speaking highly of this,p
The media is a tool,used to sway attitudes. Conservative attitudes are NOT on the agenda.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 07/03/14 at 11:32:06

I'm not against gay/lesbian "marriage", they have the right to be as (un)happy as the rest of us.
But the sole crux of the matter is equality, if g/l-M was legally equal as M then there wouldn't be an issue.
But currently you can't put significant other as spouse on any legal forms and they aren't recognized as such.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 23:37:12

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Hobby Lobby

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.