PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Rode a Yamahog Bolt
06/30/14 at 01:10:01

Well, this weekend I had a chance to Ride a pal's Yamahog Bolt R-Spec ... WHAT A BIKE!!! Nicest motorcycle I've ever ridden ... smoooooth! Great looks, sound and power ... but not scary power, nice roll-on. Fit me to a Tee too! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Re: Rode a Yamahog Bolt
Reply #1 - 06/30/14 at 01:21:22

Is the R spec the one with the fancy rear shocks and the asphalt grey paint? I found you can get the standard one in pearl white here but it's still 60 plus per cent dearer than a new S40. I certainly enjoyed sitting on one and I loved the absence of chrome. The fancy spec one is probably 70 per cent dearer than a new S40 here.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #2 - 06/30/14 at 04:03:45

Yea I know that Yamaha basically made their version of a Sportster, I know most of the advertising is geared towards the hipster crowd but it's a nice looking bike.  I wouldn't mind taking one for a spin and checking it out  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 06/30/14 at 04:25:23

jcstokes wrote on 06/30/14 at 01:21:22:
Is the R spec the one with the fancy rear shocks and the asphalt grey paint?

Yes exactly this one. I've always jonsed for a Sportster, but after riding the Bolt, well ... the Bolt is the best Sportster Harley never made!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #4 - 06/30/14 at 12:28:41

I could see how one could chop this up.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #5 - 07/01/14 at 07:14:41

I'll see if I can find it parked sometime and take a pic, there's a guy around here who has a white Bolt with a shortened rear fender like half the stock one and I think the front tire is larger then stock as the front seems to ride up higher.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 07/01/14 at 09:38:15

Kinda heavy and that right side is a problem for me but I have test rode one also and loved the bike. I would lean towards the Bolt before the Sportster. Both nice bikes but everyone has a Sportster. It certainly draws the attention

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #7 - 07/02/14 at 00:14:37

I didn't find the "stick out" right side on the Bolt nearly as annoying as some Riders have reported ... certainly not much different than my leg against the air cleaner housing on my Shadow RS anyhow ... so def wouldn't be a deal breaker with me as far as the Bolt is concerned.

Have always loved the Sportster too, but after Riding a Bolt, would choose the XV950 over the XL883 any day ...

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:27:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › Rode a Yamahog Bolt

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.