Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Textured Paint
06/18/14 at 04:03:36

I am posting this so you might know that there is a textured paint that appears to work pretty well.  It is Rustoleum, and I used it to paint the "Tip Over" wings on my Honda.  The previous owner had dropped the bike and these plastic parts were badly scratched and gouged.  I used a filler made for plastic bumpers, primed the plastic, then applied this paint in black.  Be sure to hold the can back about 16" while spraying to accomplish the texture.  I am happy with the way they turned out....and it saved me $ 75 by not having to buy new ones.

Since it is a spray can it most likely won't hold up to fuel.  It might work great for you on things like headlight or tail light housings, fenders, fork yokes, etc.

IMG_1433.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: Textured Paint
Reply #1 - 06/18/14 at 04:31:16

Yea it does work well, I used some of their metalic textured paint on a decorative lawn piece after sanding some rust and it came out really nice.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Reply #2 - 06/18/14 at 06:10:44

For around the farm here, I keep a gallon of black Hammerite Rust Cap from Jamestown Distributors, which dries with a shiny textured "hammered finish." With hazmat shipping, it's $100+ per gallon, but it really works to keep things a little less "rat" in appearance.  If you get some, use disposable brushes, not your expensive china bristles! The stuff is so fiber-filled and gooey that I've given up on cleaning out brushes, and just toss them.

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 06/18/14 at 15:03:40

BalingWire wrote on 06/18/14 at 06:10:44:
For around the farm here, I keep a gallon of black Hammerite Rust Cap from Jamestown Distributors, which dries with a shiny textured "hammered finish." With hazmat shipping, it's $100+ per gallon, but it really works to keep things a little less "rat" in appearance.  If you get some, use disposable brushes, not your expensive china bristles! The stuff is so fiber-filled and gooey that I've given up on cleaning out brushes, and just toss them.

Xylol/Zylene is the thinner needed for hammer tone paint

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 08:30:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Textured Paint

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.