Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
If this is true........ (Read 204 times)
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: If this is true........
Reply #15 - 06/12/14 at 11:46:43

[quote]nitial reports on almost any fast unfolding event are notoriously  inaccurate...
This is where much of the conspiracy media gets their ammo...

9/11... some British newsy reports a building down before it fell... and it becomes evidence..
It's just "fog of war" reporting... nothing new, except the scrutiny...
The very expression..."Fog of War"... comes from this...

"Early reports in Troy was,.. "Look,.. we have a gift"...
Oooops@!... Grin...

Look at early reports of that recent plane gone missing... or any of the weekly shootings we have now... / [quote]

Utterly irrelevant to the question of the regimes disinformation campaign about Benghazi. And you totally ignore the rest of my post. I don't understand why you are trying so hard to defend the indefensible. You asked why this incident is generating so much controversy. It's because of the cover-up. If the official reports had been at least truthful, even if not at first totally correct, this would have gone away in a few days or weeks, just like all the incidents on your list. Instead, for reasons that I don't think are completely clear, Obama and his minions lied their as*es off about it and got caught in those lies. They brought this on themselves. The media is only doing what the media has always done.

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #16 - 06/12/14 at 12:41:08

hello.. the cover-up was intentional, it IS criminal.. refusing to answer questions by congress IS criminal..

remember Nixon? what he did was less substantial and if he hadn't resigned we were looking to impeach him.

the past cases pointed out (prior post) are irrelevant, the two party system is failing, we're becoming polarized with both sides covering their eyes, ears, mouth. Blindly defending one's team is small minded

the centralized govt was never intended to achieve the current level of power. The States were always supposed to deal with their own problems.

Halting the pipeline won't help our energy crisis yet there we go, and for what? moving oil by rail, ship or truck is more risky than a pipe.

It's painfully obvious one side is going to break America's back, I hate both parties but one is putting us on the fast track to economic ruin.

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 06/12/14 at 13:26:03

Chronological sequence of events to present...
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/10/world/benghazi-consulate-attack-fast-facts/
At what point in these events did this become something more than an attack on an embassy?... Time, Date?...

I'll tell you when it became a media circus,... Sept,11, 2012 at about 10:30 p.m. ET,...
When Presidential candidate Mitt Romney stated...
"I'm outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It's disgraceful that the Obama administration's first response was not to condemn the attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks."  

If it was about the cover-up after the fact... what's up with Mitt on the very eve of the attacks...
He saw the fire before there was any smoke...

Political tempest in a teapot for campaign purposes...
... and the ball rolled from there...

I remember the reporting...
Right-wing spin machine was on it like white on rice from the instant it began...
I don't know where hell you guys were that you all missed it...
This was a media event, from the first second,...not a real issue...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 06/12/14 at 13:55:16

I disagree. REgardless of what Mit said, we were lied to. It was blamed on a video when they knew otherwise,, It was an attack from the git-go,, not a buncha angry guys who were ticked off over a video,, & thats the lie we were told over & over, till it became clear everyone was well past buying that line of crap.,.Then people started wondering WHY the lies,, & people are well aware that when theyre being lied to, theres a reason,, & people stopped believing what they were being told & they went to Other "news outlets" to see what they thot,, Well,, I didnt get told, I was ahead of it,, & mostly right, if I do say so myself, Maybe one day we will know,, but I doubt it,
& the post about Nixon is spot on,, All he had were IRS records. What we have seen is the IRS used as a weapon,, & NOTHING,, Nobody goes to jail.. I WISH Bush had done this,, so there would be sufficient outcry to do something,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #19 - 06/12/14 at 15:57:57

the date was 9/11 for goodness sake, I'm a moron and knew instantly the attack had nothing to do with that stupid internet video..

at the time I wondered why the administration was going so far convincing us it was about the vid.. Then I heard about requests for more security being denied and state dept folks started dancing like roaches on a hot plate..

heads should be rolling, including the ex-president's wife

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #20 - 06/12/14 at 16:49:27

C'mon bot.....

I fear you will drown on the Kool-Aid  Tongue

Of course things at first can be confusing and stuff gets reported wrongly, but geezuz, they held a pow wow, hit the Sunday talk shows with that story.
They accused a man and his video wrongly and used him as a scapegoat.

Doesn't the story claim Hillary or the under-secretary were not interviewed......why?

How can you have an investigation with interviewing them?

The information about the cell phones is very disturbing if true.

To claim the opposition will use this event to discredit Obama is true, just as the left use hurricanes, etc, on Bush....

But please tell me how that changes the truth or makes it OK to lie and cover-up?

Dude, you defend Obama on bringing back one dude while letting some bad cats go, as we "owe" it to him, yet, these service guys got killed and can't come home and you're cool with that cause it might make Obama look bad, is that it?  Shocked    

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 06/12/14 at 17:45:00

raydawg wrote on 06/12/14 at 16:49:27:
Dude, you defend Obama on bringing back one dude while letting some bad cats go, as we "owe" it to him, yet, these service guys got killed and can't come home and you're cool with that cause it might make Obama look bad, is that it?  Shocked    

Never said that, Dawg...
I criticized it...

Serowbot wrote on 06/02/14 at 15:29:03:
I'm kinda' torn on this one...
-The circumstances of his capture are questionable...
- "No man left behind"...
- but,.. not negotiating with terrorists... Obama got away on a technicality with that one... because "the negotiation was with Qatar govn't, not terrorists".. the result is the same...
- I do believe it will encourage more kidnappings...
- and then,.. 5 for 1 trade?... and I assume these are real bad guys,.. not the innocents that got dragged along to GITMO...

That's me 10 days ago, saying it was a bad deal...
I do care about vets,.. even ones that may have strayed or had a breakdown... So I do believe in "No man left behind"...
..but, that seems like a bad trade...
Unless,.. we have a plan beyond the surface facts...
Possibly,.. tracking these fellers, and letting them lead us to new intel...
I don't know... Huh...

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #22 - 06/12/14 at 19:16:54

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 06/13/14 at 06:15:50

Inaccurate... or more accurate?

Sometimes facts come out in the hurry and, yes, sometimes corrections are made. Sometimes there are retractions. Sometimes the government will ask that an article not be published because it counters their own statements.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/12/associated-press-cia-story-_n_443582...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/12/13/sen-bill-nels...

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-ap-phone-records-seized-yemen-story-cia-al...

--Steve

IP Logged
North Country Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bangor Maine
Reply #24 - 06/13/14 at 22:01:49

Mr. Sero, you are an oasis of intelligence and reason in a sea of __________and__________ (fill in the blanks yourself) as I do not wish to offend. NCG  Cool

North Country Girl   IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #25 - 06/14/14 at 05:37:48

typical "my team" right or wrong  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #26 - 06/14/14 at 07:24:24

Shorty,.. Feel free  to be untypical, break ranks, and agree with me, too...

Any time, bud.... Grin Grin Grin...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #27 - 06/14/14 at 08:07:16

Serowbot wrote on 06/12/14 at 17:45:00:
raydawg wrote on 06/12/14 at 16:49:27:

Never said that, Dawg...
I criticized it...

Serowbot wrote on 06/02/14 at 15:29:03:
I'm kinda' torn on this one...
-The circumstances of his capture are questionable...
- "No man left behind"...
- but,.. not negotiating with terrorists... Obama got away on a technicality with that one... because "the negotiation was with Qatar govn't, not terrorists".. the result is the same...
- I do believe it will encourage more kidnappings...
- and then,.. 5 for 1 trade?... and I assume these are real bad guys,.. not the innocents that got dragged along to GITMO...

That's me 10 days ago, saying it was a bad deal...
I do care about vets,.. even ones that may have strayed or had a breakdown... So I do believe in "No man left behind"...
..but, that seems like a bad trade...
Unless,.. we have a plan beyond the surface facts...
Possibly,.. tracking these fellers, and letting them lead us to new intel...
I don't know... Huh...

Sorry buddy, I stand corrected on that matter, but your reply is interesting.....

You said, not negotiating with terrorists... Obama got away on a technicality with that one... because "the negotiation was with Qatar govn't, not terrorists".. the result is the same..

Would it be right to say he circumvented the intent of the process?

Why?

Chuck Hagel said they should have enlightened the membership, and that it was Obama's call.

Obama has said he will apologize to no one.....

If you find that this is not a breech of power, then I really have nothing else to say about it to you..... other than its scary.
To buck the system over a matter as small as this (in scope) and then dig in with such bunker mentality, makes me wonder of his mental stability and paranoia tendencies.  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #28 - 06/14/14 at 08:46:59

Technicalities are technicalities...  politicians use them to get away with things all the time...
Technically,.... he was only required to consult anyway... not ask permission...
A technicality?,... a formality?...

Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness that permission... Undecided...

The other "technicality" is,.. that this has been referred to as a "War on Terror"... and the "War in Afghanistan"...
If this is a war,...as it has been defined,... this is not "technically" negotiating with terrorists...
It is a prisoner exchange as part of our deescalation...

I don't know,.. and the politicians don't either...
They consider it to be whatever type of conflict suits their purpose at any one time...

It's all semantics, and technicalities...
...and that's on both sides, and everywhere in between... Undecided...
What a mess...

The thing is,... at some point, somebody has to end this,   and it will be ugly and messy, and ultimately, won't have made any difference...
Whoever does it, will be subject to blame...
It takes guts to face that... Obama could stall it out and pass the buck on to the next president...
More men would die,...families hurt, and money wasted...
This is ugly, but it's better...

Peace,
Serow

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #29 - 06/14/14 at 09:36:01

I can agree with what you said, its a mess, and will continue to be so....

What I find disturbing I reckon is this guy promised (as many do) to be open and transparent yet has been anything but, and our "supposedly" advocate, the press, the "fourth" check and balance appear to have abandoned all responsibility in that regard.  

Folk are sick and tied of the games of schematics by the politicians and the press, and I believe change is a coming.....

Sad we have to let thing deteriorate to such a grand scale before we react, but complacency is, well heck, its easy to fall into that grove  Tongue    

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 06:28:47

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › If this is true........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.