Disingenuous? (Read 59 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Disingenuous?
05/17/14 at 10:57:15

Here is Washington they legalized pot, and I read a story this week where an entrepreneur will be offering catering trucks that sell his dope laced products....
What I find troubling is the disingenuous in what appears as a disregard for the collateral damage inflicted on our society by high citizens.
The anti-gun folk recite the damage of fringe folk who go on a rampage and reek death and destruction and blame the gun as the reason why.....
Desiring to restrict law abiding folk as a solution. This is folly and fails reasoning on many levels, but it does get traction with the touchy feeling and becomes great political fodder.
How then are we not concerned with making mind altering substance more accessible not a potential society problem?
More folk die from the illegal use of booze and drugs, than at the hands of a NRA member I dare say...

No, the only reason I see to allow another possible scourge on our already over burden society by misfits is greed, plain and simple capitalism and profit...

Sad  Embarrassed        

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Disingenuous?
Reply #1 - 05/17/14 at 11:39:03

Biggest problem I see,.. is DUI pot...  Blood tests can only say pot was used in the past few weeks,.. but no test can show current influence...

On the positive,... people under the influence don't tend toward aggressive behaviour or violence, as is often the case with alcohol... so odds are, speed won't be factor, or road rage...

I smoked a lot when I was younger,.. never had a wreck or fight or anything... (it made me drive very slow, and definitely impaired my abilities,.. but no worse than alcohol)...
I still have a puff once in a while, but it doesn't thrill any more...
Legalized pot won't change anything for me...

Overall,... I think the stigma of smoking will follow pot, and it will never become as socially acceptable as alcohol...
So, it will not have that large of an impact... other than, people that already smoke, may smoke more...

...and, it will free up some jail cells...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #2 - 05/17/14 at 12:46:57

I have no idea if it's true, but I have read that marijuana smoke is 10 times more carcinogenic than tobacco smoke.  But maybe that was just a "scare tactic".
I do know that I had a buddy in law school who smoked MJ constantly it seemed, and he died at about age 45 from lung cancer.  He did smoke tobacco now and then, but nothing like smoked MJ.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 05/17/14 at 15:29:55

I was a daily smoker years ago, got up, fired up a dubie, all my buds did as well. I became complacent, and lost my hustle, or drive....in effect, I was just a loader, a pot head, a parasite predicated on smoking to live life.....

I quit because it got too f'ing strong, as they cultivated it to maximize the buzz power. No way could I have driven  Shocked

But you miss my point bot....

Answer me these question if you will  Kiss

Would you care if your pilot was smoking a joint before take off?

Would you mind your doctor smacking the remnants of the roach left over from his breakfast toke before he operated on you?

Would you care if the teachers in elementary schools smoked in their break room before teaching class?

Your reasoning reminds me of how I use to try to get out of trouble for breaking the window of our neighbors house....
I would claim I only broke one, my friend Serowbot broke 5, so should I not be in less trouble?

Ya wanna guess what my Pa said?  Grin    

More people die, life's are ruined, because of getting buzzed, yet, we don't see the anger, or energy, invested in this problem like we do guns, why?
If the deciding factor is what kills/destroys the most, it would not even be a race, why?
Is it because the left can use it as a political wedge, and that really is their true concern, getting elected?

edit: humor needs an element of truth to work. I think back to Cheech and Chong, now that was some funny chit, course I was loaded too...
But nevertheless, that is the extreme result of doping and I would answer NO to the questions I posed.....but it be OK for me, sounds sorta hypocritical, eh buddy?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 05/17/14 at 15:43:49

Well,.. I'd have the same concerns as if they were drinking...
...but,... it would be hypocritical to say a drunk doctor is okay...

I do believe they will still require drug testing for more public safety type jobs...
No pot heads or drunks driving school buses... etc...
Hopefully...

PS... your doc could well have been high for the 20 years without you knowing... the legality doesn't change that...
The legality simple makes it not a crime to do recreationally...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 05/17/14 at 18:17:33

I think drinking is a LOT worse, diminishing a persons thought and motor functions greatly.....but, it is readily apparent, unlike, as you testify to, my doctor could have been high all those years. In fact, you illustrated my concerns perfectly, but, again bud, you have avoided the thrust of my post......
You do see the correlation I was trying to connect with the lost of life to guns, being so paramount, we must infringe on law abiding folk to (try) and assure the safety of all, yet, have no real push to curb a problem that has even greater effect and impact on those same folk we are trying to protect with greater gun ownership laws.
Personally, I have no qualms about a rigid background check, waiting period, registration, and strict control over sales, but all that being said, it won't address the criminal acquisition of them, who by their very nature don't adhere to the laws to begin with.
Do you possibly think they (the left) keep this as a political platform because they think they can paint the opposition in a negative light, and that is the biggest motivation, not, as I state, the real lost of life, etc....?    
If not, then I'd love to hear your reasons why this issue (guns) trump a problem that surpasses the criteria of the end results of a gun, and why this problem (guns) needs more attention than government sanctioned (legalized) drinking and doping, please  Kiss  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 05/17/14 at 21:01:12

Drinking vs. smoking.. Have a drink,, okay, wouldnt recommend neurosurgery, but MOST people can have a drink & drive just fine,. I see people every day who are more impaired by ignorance & stupidity than a good driver having a drink,,
Same is true for smoking pot,, now, Ive seen pot & Ive seen POT.. Ive seen stuff a guy could smoke a whole joint of & go to work, be safe, work hard.. & Ive seen pot that would wreck 2 guys sharing a bowl the size of a pencil eraser, neither safe to drive & theres no way any work was getting done,
Some people smoke pot & get lazy, some smoke & get busy,,
The Libertarian in me says "Let them decide for themselves"
The REalist in me tell me people will do what makes them happy at the expense of others,, Comes to Doctors, professionals whose failure puts others at risk,, lets be clean & sober at work,, ya wanna smoke some weed after work? Fine.. I dont like "drug screening" that would get someone fired for amokin pot last week. If theyre AT work & high,, Bye Bye.. Same with drinking, Of course, there are jobs where if youre about 1/2 loaded, so what? AS long as youre doing the job, phhht,, who cares?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 05/17/14 at 22:27:10

OK, fine......
Then if you don't use a gun to kill people, who cares how many, or what kind you own.

My question is why are we thinking more laws, into gun ownership/use will fix one problem, but not the other, if we are using death/injury to justify more government intrusion?

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #8 - 05/18/14 at 07:45:31

Quote:
My question is why are we thinking more laws, into gun ownership/use will fix one problem, but not the other, if we are using death/injury to justify more government intrusion?

Because the political rationale behind gun control has nothing to do with preventing death/injury. That's the excuse, but not the reason. Gun control is about disarming the population so that that population can be more easily controlled . Very few gun control advocates are honest enough to come right out and say that though. So they come up with other justifications to explain why they want to do what they want to do.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #9 - 05/18/14 at 08:41:52

Ray, lazy, disarmed potheads are every Thurston-Pierce-Whatcom-King County Communist politician's wet dream. Easy to manipulate, easy to get them to vote in favor of "touchy feely social reform" that sounds good on paper and turns them into an army of zombied out worker drones that line the politicians' pockets. Get enough votes from those 4 counties and they can run rough shod over the entire state. Eastern WA and eastern OR need to secede and become their own state, while the west sides of both need to merge and finalize the transition into the "People's Republic of Whatever" Soviet satellite that is the dream of Seattle, Bellingham and Portland "liberals".

The major cash crop in TN/KY is marijuana. Completely illegal here, one SEED means hard time if you get caught... Even food trucks are still going through trial phase testing for full legal status... A mobile marijuana sales truck? Probably get you "shot when caught" around here...

Guns on the other hand, walk in, pass the background check, walk out 10 minutes later with your gun AND ammunition (if you choose an oddball caliber that is actually in stock). We can legally get guns w/o any undue hassle, but ammunition is in scarce supply. The feds seem to think Dixie is ready to go 1861 on them...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 05/18/14 at 08:42:05

I understand the tyranny, and agree the ruling class (political leaders) want entire control of the populace in order to assure their reign and tenure, which has led societies to rebel throughout the ages.....

BUT, I don't think they are that driven, or organized. I believe that is an extreme.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #11 - 05/18/14 at 09:00:37

Come down here on a visit. $15 for a 50 round box of .22LR, IF you can find it. $23 for a 10 round box of 7.62mm AK/SKS ammunition, IF you can find it. $40 or more for 50 9mm Luger. $85 for 50 .44 Special rounds. 12g shotshells run anywhere from $7-30 per 25 round box of bird-squirrel-turkey-rabbit, and a 5 round pack of 00 buck is $12.

Other sections of the country are getting resupplied, we are not. South of the Mason Dixon line and east of the MS River is getting hosed... no ammo, no jobs, fuel shortages, telecommunications "brown outs", power grid malfunctions, crumbling infrastructure (my road looks like the tank training areas at Fort Lewis)... 16 different county-state-municipal sales tax rates in my county alone, and it has a whopping 3 stand alone cities, the rest are Memphis annexations... massive lay offs, forced retirements and firings of municipal and county police-fire-EMS personnel... failing medical services, hospitals and independent practices are closing and the doctors-nurses fleeing in droves to Yankee land... farmers being paid to grow commodity crops instead of food, and paid more to let it rot in the fields instead of harvesting...

You can't see it from up in the PNW, but we're being systematically beaten into compliance down here. Reconstruction era all over again.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 05/18/14 at 20:22:04

Agenda 21, rolled out, area by area.. They dont DO things like that "nation wide", because then Everybody would know & everybody would be pissed,, They play societal re-structuring games by region.,I had no idea what was going on over there,, I have no clue what 22 ammo costs, or 7.62,, I havent looked, I guess now Ill have to.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:48:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Disingenuous?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.