Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Think the laws protect you? (Read 56 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Think the laws protect you?
05/06/14 at 06:43:52

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/tanya-weyker/

Look at what theyll do to screw an innocent person,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Think the laws protect you?
Reply #1 - 05/06/14 at 07:19:59

Reminds me of an old video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 05/06/14 at 07:25:49

Ive seen that. Its definitely worth watching. However, as Ron White points out,,

"I am well aware that I have the Right to remain silent, I just dont seem to have the ability."

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #3 - 05/06/14 at 11:08:27

My dad was a cop for my entire life, he taught my brother and me to never lie to an officer and trust police to do the right thing.

Before he died he told my brother and me to BEWARE of today's law enforcement. He said in the old days patrol cops were ordered not to harass women, children, traveling families, or the elderly.
He said now the atmosphere at police stations is "us against them" and my dad who always felt he was doing good for citizens became visibly depressed at work.

He received police counseling and made statements criticizing the changes in policy. They suggested retirement and he accepted a reduced pension.. His depression soon vanished.

I believe LE is evolving into a less kind stature with strictness and hardness overpowering softness and compassion.
There are good cops out there who really want to do the right thing.
Please don't loose faith in Law Enforcement, I'm certain other officers feel like my dad did

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #4 - 05/06/14 at 13:02:12

shorty wrote on 05/06/14 at 11:08:27:
My dad was a cop for my entire life, he taught my brother and me to never lie to an officer and trust police to do the right thing.

Before he died he told my brother and me to BEWARE of today's law enforcement. He said in the old days patrol cops were ordered not to harass women, children, traveling families, or the elderly.
He said now the atmosphere at police stations is "us against them" and my dad who always felt he was doing good for citizens became visibly depressed at work.

He received police counseling and made statements criticizing the changes in policy. They suggested retirement and he accepted a reduced pension.. His depression soon vanished.

I believe LE is evolving into a less kind stature with strictness and hardness overpowering softness and compassion.
There are good cops out there who really want to do the right thing.
Please don't loose faith in Law Enforcement, I'm certain other officers feel like my dad did

Shorty, I can certainly appreciate your position. I don't think the video link I posted intends to make LE out to be the bad guy. Its a lawyer saying whats the courts do and how the actual law works.

As for our local law enforcement ... yes I have seen the change, and it is depressing to me.. and I am just a law abiding citizen...

I did draw this parallel which I found strange:

When I bought my truck there was a salesman, he was nice.. he did what he could... things were not stressful and I did not feel any pressure. Then I was turned over to the "sales manager". Everything changed. HE began to back pedal on prices, and press for longer term payments to keep the monthly payments down versus him actually dropping the price... NOT AT ALL GOOD.

So then fast forward to when my house got robbed. The LE comes out.. files the report, tells me what to do. But then I get a call from the Detective in charge. Very cold, very factual... was the I the victim or  possibly in on it... again NOT GOOD AT ALL.

Then at work... we have those at the Help-desk who are suppose to help users ... but they have no training in the way things work. They just know to answer the phone, take the message, and follow a set of instructions on what fixes most things. If they cant, it gets passed to .... people that know??? NO! Managers... ( see sales manager above).. and only if they cant fix does it go to the ones that know.  

Something broke somewhere along the way. LE is just one example of the brokenness.

PS: there have always been good officers and not-so-good officers. Same as any other profession. But in this new age of brokenness, the good officers dont seem to get a chance to help the no-so-good ones.

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #5 - 05/06/14 at 13:22:12

agreed Pine... thanks for your post

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 05/06/14 at 14:36:10

If I am a "Good" Boy Scout & I am aware that some of the other Boy Scouts are mugging senior citizens, isnt it my DUTY to work to get them out of the Scouts & in front of a Judge?
if the answer is yes, & I believe it is, then exactly where are these "good" cops?

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #7 - 05/06/14 at 15:08:12

the "good" ones are harder to remember but they're out there

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #8 - 05/06/14 at 15:45:07

In today's society their are consequences to pay for when speaking the truth.  Persecution is probably a more accurate way to describe it.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #9 - 05/06/14 at 20:14:13

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/06/14 at 14:36:10:
If I am a "Good" Boy Scout & I am aware that some of the other Boy Scouts are mugging senior citizens, isnt it my DUTY to work to get them out of the Scouts & in front of a Judge?
if the answer is yes, & I believe it is, then exactly where are these "good" cops?

That seems to be the point. The new norm is to separate those on the same level. Only mgt will know. Going back to the car sales. Once the car (in my case truck) was chosen the salesman was out of the picture.   Same with the house burglary... I have never seen or spoken with the LE that came to house... but I have spoken to the detective several times. He did zero work... knows only what was in the report.

RULE #1 the primary mission of any entity: protect itself. (starting at the top)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 21:26:51

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Think the laws protect you?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.