PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
FSO ... New Bike!
05/05/14 at 08:34:57

Well, over past several days rec'd an offer on the 2006 Spirit that was too good to pass on, so yesterday the new owner rode 'er away ... great Bike she was, but am looking forward to my next 2-wheeled acquisition ... a low-mileage, pre-owned 2010 Shadow RS "Roadster" that is currently residing at a Honda dealership in a town a couple of hours away ... will be working on bringing it in over next couple of weeks!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: FSO ... New Bike!
Reply #1 - 05/05/14 at 09:16:06

Well, what do ya want that old thing for? Youre not planning on RIDING it, are you? Ohh My,,,  say it aint SO Perry,,

Youve looked into all the "How To" maintenance questions?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #2 - 05/05/14 at 13:25:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/05/14 at 09:16:06:
You've looked into all the "How To" maintenance questions?

Well, with only 1700 kms (1100 mi) on the clock, I'm expecting that she won't need much maintenance outside of oil changes for awhile ... as for the other "questions", I did oil/filter, chain lube & adjust and front brake pads on my former '06 Spirit, so this one shouldn't present any problem?

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 05/05/14 at 15:39:22

Lookin real nice.  Performance wise, how does it compare?

Single - 650 cc - 380 lbs
V twin - 750 cc - 500 lbs

Thanks and enjoy.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 05/06/14 at 00:18:45

Can't compare the F.I. equipped Shadow RS to the LS650 because I haven't ridden it yet ... but my previous dual carburator equipped Shadow Spirit seemed to have slightly more pull up thru the gears than the Savage/S40 ... the extra weight also made it a more stable ride on the highway too, especially in cross-winds ... of course the LS650 is a more manageable Bike at slo-speed and easier to push around for smaller folk ... and gets better fuel mileage than the VT750DC ... though I hear that the F.I. model Shadows do almost as well as the Savage/S40 in the mpg department.
The Shadow line-up are good, reliable, solid no-frills motorcycles just as the LS650s are! Smiley Cool

WWW   IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #5 - 05/06/14 at 04:05:34

Nice looking bike, best of luck!

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:28:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › FSO ... New Bike!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.