Vaping? (Read 118 times)
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Vaping?
05/03/14 at 13:29:01

Any of you smokers here have any experiences vaping.  Would love to have you share them.

IP Logged
iamgodzi1la
YaBB Newbies

Re: Vaping?
Reply #1 - 05/03/14 at 14:18:43

I've been vaping on and off for over a year, now.  It's the closest thing to smoking that I've found in the 20-something years I've been trying to quit smoking, and sometimes I'll go days at a time without a cigarette.  I don't know much about the health effects of breathing vaporized glycol, but it can't be any worse than the smoke.

2001 Savage LS 650, capped Supertrapp exhaust, Raptor petcock, Spitfire windshield, raised seat, 3" socket riser, oversize handlebar, sealed battery, wip
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 05/03/14 at 15:32:12

E-cigarettes (aren't they the same thing?) were invented to help people quit smoking and now it's become the "in" thing instead of cigarettes.  Go figure!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 05/03/14 at 15:44:30

19 days,.. smoke free...  using an eGo...
I have a little fit, about twice day... but I've been resisting it so far...

The liquid I'm using don't taste that good,.. but maybe that's a good thing... Maybe it will prevent me from liking it too much...
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 05/03/14 at 19:32:07

A news story the other day said the Govment is looking for a way to tax, regulate, etc. Anyway, good luck to anyone trying to quit smoking. After all we already have a dangerous hobby.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 05/04/14 at 08:36:40

LOcally theyve banned e cigs in/around State/County buildings..
I had not known they already ban chewing tobacco, or snuff, & I guess that means a guy cant walk around with a cigar in his mouth,, & all that just doesnt make sense,,SMOKING was The Uproar, & I get that. Forcing others to breathe smoke isnt right. But WHY cant someone dip or chew or vape? Who is being injured?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 05/04/14 at 09:04:13

Can we get a ban on excessive perfume, and public farting, please... Undecided...

Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 05/04/14 at 09:14:34

AGG,, perfume,, old women whose noses have been cooked out by wearing that crap just slather it on,, I usually get a BIG breath in, hold it, slowly exhale going down the soap aisle in the store,, because that stuff just about gags me,, perfume is as bad. Not essential oils, but the chemical stew perfumes.. OHH Man,, I get a headache if I cant get away from them,,
Farts, nasty, yea, unpleasant,, yea, but as long as theres no open flame, they arent harmful,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
1st2know

Currently between
Savages

Seattle, WA
Reply #8 - 05/04/14 at 11:27:42

I've been vaping for a little over a year.
Pros:
- I'm noticeably more energetic.
- less winded when hiking or cycling.
- More restful sleep.
- I stink 10% less.
- My car doesn't stink at all.
- Some bars let me vape at the bar. (I always ask first).

Cons:
- I have more episodes of dehydration.
- If I over consume nicotine, I get dizzy when I stand up.
- I have to wear more deodorant because without the smoke stink, now my natural BO is my the dominant odor.

Overall, I'd say it's a huge win. It seams to work best on those most interested in quitting smoking, but have failed numerous times.
It's much cheaper than smoking, but I would happily pay more now that I know it works (for me).

The two cons I listed are well known. The dehydration issues is fixed by remembering to drink about 2L of water each day.

The over-consumption issue, for me, was minimized by learning how to dilute the nicotine liquid to safer levels. When I overconsume, it's when I'm sitting at the computer, vaping without thinking. Now I keep a special tank of 9mg liquid on a Vamo ecig just for when I'm sitting at the computer.

I've built a prototype ecig to mount on the handlebar of my LS650, but I can't get the fire button in good place. (hand grips are two crowded with buttons already).

Kaw VN1700, V-Strom 650, Coal powered Chevy Spark.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #9 - 05/04/14 at 12:31:27

When I knocked off pipe smoking almost 25 years ago, I brought a sack of apples and eat them to ease the withdrawal. I don't know whether I farted less or more during this process. I have a feeling these e cigarettes are a little akin to methadone.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #10 - 05/04/14 at 14:43:05

Kris01 wrote on 05/03/14 at 15:32:12:
E-cigarettes (aren't they the same thing?) were invented to help people quit smoking and now it's become the "in" thing instead of cigarettes.  Go figure!

Yea two guys I work with who do not smoke cigarettes started smoking E-cigs because they were "Cool", now they both can't stop and wish they never started   Huh

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #11 - 05/04/14 at 23:04:12

I've been vaping now for just a little over a month and have only had three real cigs in that time. I use an eGo-T with cinnamon caramel apple flavored oil. Gonna try a new flavor when I need to get more oil.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #12 - 05/04/14 at 23:07:50

Serowbot wrote on 05/03/14 at 15:44:30:
19 days,.. smoke free...  using an eGo...
I have a little fit, about twice day... but I've been resisting it so far...

The liquid I'm using don't taste that good,.. but maybe that's a good thing... Maybe it will prevent me from liking it too much...
Huh...

I'm also using an eGo and I can get different flavors. And believe it or not, I can get pizza flavor, now is that WRONG or what?  Shocked

My flavor of choice at the moment is cinnamon caramel apple but when I need more oil I will be trying another flavor.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
kennemarv1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

daytona beach, fl
Reply #13 - 05/05/14 at 05:57:39

Haven't had a cigarette since Dec 1, 2012.  Before that, 2 packs of Camels a day for 40 years. I use an ego electronic and it works for me! But you have to commit to quit cigarettes Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 05/05/14 at 09:17:42

I knew a guy who quit smoking. He bought a pack & put it in his pocket, unopened. Carried it for a year, then tossed it,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:22:58

General CategoryThe Cafe › Vaping?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.