Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
If you looked at this data... (Read 108 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
If you looked at this data...
05/02/14 at 13:01:41

what would you conclude?

WWW   IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: If you looked at this data...
Reply #1 - 05/02/14 at 13:16:18

Nothing... I need a legend.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 05/02/14 at 13:20:16

Pine wrote on 05/02/14 at 13:16:18:

There wasn't one.

numbers on the left are co2 ppm

I believe the numbers on the bottom are years,
ie, 0 represents 2014, 100 is 1914, 200 is 1814, etc.

WWW   IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 05/02/14 at 13:34:48

verslagen1 wrote on 05/02/14 at 13:20:16:
Pine wrote on 05/02/14 at 13:16:18:

There wasn't one.

numbers on the left are co2 ppm

I believe the numbers on the bottom are years,
ie, 0 represents 2014, 100 is 1914, 200 is 1814, etc.

yes its the bottom which is the problem.. could be Feet/depth?  But one would need to correlate  that to years.  

I am currently not "on board" with the common acceptance that humans due to their CO2 is causing global warming, though I admit that could be the case. The earth is certainly seeing global weather extremes (hotter hots, colder colds, wetter wets and drier drys) than in many a year. The sun is seeing the lowest solar minimum ever recorded. I watch about space weather daily, so I figure I have seen as much data on it as most people in the field ( not that I have had training).  It was 47F this morning in Jackson MS... its friggin MAY!

**** I still rode the bike ****   Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Antarctic ice "build up" is at record levels while arctic ice is still low. (Antarctic ice levels are still low) Too hot?? too cold?? Cant tell... abnormal definitely.  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 05/02/14 at 13:58:40

Here ya' go...

Quote:
The 800,000 year history of atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations, showing the huge spike in the past century. The bottom axis, is measured in thousands of years.

http://mashable.com/2014/04/08/carbon-dioxide-highest-levels-global-warming/
Quote:
The amount of carbon dioxide in the Earth's atmosphere has exceeded 402 parts per million (ppm) during the past two days of observations, which is higher than at any time in at least the past 800,000 years, according to readings from monitoring equipment on a mountaintop in Hawaii.

In 2013, atmospheric levels of carbon dioxide briefly hit 400 ppm for the first time in mid-May, but this year that symbolic threshold has been crossed even earlier. This means it is more likely that the annual peak, which typically occurs in mid-to-late May, will climb further above 400 ppm for the first time.

Although crossing above 400 ppm is largely a symbolic milestone, scientific research indicates that the higher that carbon dioxide concentrations get, the more global temperatures will increase, resulting in a wide range of damaging effects. These impacts will range from global sea level rise to a heightened risk of heat waves, severe droughts and floods, according to a recently released comprehensive assessment of climate science produced by the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 05/02/14 at 14:13:20

Here's the source report...

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/05/will-the-worlds-carbon-dioxide-levels...

While I'll agree that today... co2 levels are rising, we have to be patient and see what the actual levels are going to be.  Historically, we see a peak every 100 years or so.  So Al gore flew over to mauna loa and camped for awhile.  He's gotta go home soon.   Grin  and someone take him off the legume and broccoli diet   Huh  then the levels will drop again.

Secondly, the data is from 1 source up until 1958 and then from another afterwards.  Is someone comparing the results to see if they're the same?  I'd would be really interested in this data.

And if the fuel from co2 in seawater pans out, it looks like it would be an effective collector of co2 as the concentrations of co2 in water are higher.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 05/02/14 at 14:24:20

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 05/02/14 at 14:29:45

So as I read the chart, mauna loa is 100 points higher in 1958 then the ice pack data.  Will that rescale the results or is it linear add 100 points every year?

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 05/02/14 at 14:40:03

I have no ideare...  
(I'm just coughing up sources for the chart)... Grin...

Just a guess,.. but if the ice core data didn't correlate with the Mauna Loa data, ... scientists would have concerns and it would be noted...
... (any scientist that published such a chart would be ripped a new one by his peers for such an oversight)...

Since the numbers are fairly steady from 1958,.. I would also assume that if testing had begun one or two decades earlier, it would have shown the same steady rise...

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 05/02/14 at 15:05:07

That data is almost a linear progress from 1958 till now.
Yet the 1st chart shows a plato to about 1980 or so.
Just a scaling issue?

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 05/02/14 at 17:28:11

Scaling... each increment on the ice core chart is 100,000 years...

IP Logged
North Country Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bangor Maine
Reply #11 - 05/02/14 at 19:48:05

Here is the gist, and some noted quotes and stats from an article I read recently (maybe in “scientific American”?) not sure.

Okay re-looked up some stats, here goes. First, the Co2 is safe myth. Yes I know that some scientists have said this is a safe level. The industry and government backed and funded scientists that make up the IPCC have endorsed this point of view.

If it is safe, ... why at only .8*C is the Arctic sea ice disappearing 80 years ahead of schedule, why are the continental glaciers melting, why is Antarctica emitting methane, why are vast areas of the permafrost in Alaska and Siberia thawing and emitting methane, why do so many scientists say the methane release from frozen sinks is an irreversible catastrophe threatening the survival of humanity?

Fact is 2*C is not safe. As we speak it is being proven that 2*C and still rising will guarantee 4*C, and a 4*C rise that isn't an absolute plateau, will lead to 6*C, which most agree is an end game for humanity. So why such a miscalculation?

Because the government restrained compilation of data from the IPCC has regarded climate change as a lineal equation, rather than a multidimensional interrelated system where the effect on one ecology or subsystem, is in effect realized by others. Where effects of a situation or system, feeds back not just onto itself, but unto the entire system complex.

It is all about thermal equilibrium, and a radiative forcing very near zero, last found pre industrial period at near 270 ppm CO2e. Much above that, and the planet slowly starts heating. At today’s levels near 397 ppm CO2 and 470+ CO2e, most all of the earth's thermal sub systems are in positive feedback. They are all feeding into global heating, which in turn will result in rising mean global surface temperatures. This is a frightening prediction of things to come.

North Country Girl   IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #12 - 05/02/14 at 20:17:46

I don't dispute that CO2 levels are rising; although, I am apprehensive to believe it will have dire consequences for a long time to come.  We had ice ages 5k and 10k years ago which leads me to believe these events are cyclical in nature  I think TPTB are laying the groundwork for CO2 emission taxes on a global scale.  Just another means to get your $$.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
North Country Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bangor Maine
Reply #13 - 05/02/14 at 20:30:03

If you don’t have young children or grandchildren sir, you are safe. If however you care about those who will follow you, not so much.

North Country Girl   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #14 - 05/02/14 at 20:36:11

If it was all about people & their actions, why does it ever drop?
Why were scientists( you know, the same See All KNow All buch the alarmists insist I listen to now) declaring a coming mini ice age in the 70's? How is it that NOW the scientists are all right ( never mind the fact that some of the alarmist scientists have changed course & dropped out), but theyve proven they can be so wrong?
What about the dire predictions? According to the alarmists we shouldnt have ANY ice in the north atlantic now. & what about the furor of the coming weather? We were supposed to have more & meaner turdnaders & hurrycanes.. NOPE on both counts..
How can anyone continue to stand & holler about it now? Have you no shame? Arent you embarrassed yet? Its a LOAD of CRAP.. Lets all pay Fat Al Gore carbon credit taxes, thatll fix it,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:29:21

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › If you looked at this data...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.