raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Well.....what is it?
04/30/14 at 16:46:04

Please correct me if I am wrong.....
I could swear folk around here have said GM was paid back, well?

http://www.komonews.com/news/national/Govt-report-says-US-lost-112-billion-on...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Re: Well.....what is it?
Reply #1 - 04/30/14 at 18:57:21

raydawg wrote on 04/30/14 at 16:46:04:
Please correct me if I am wrong.....
I could swear folk around here have said GM was paid back, well?

http://www.komonews.com/news/national/Govt-report-says-US-lost-112-billion-on...

You are correct.............you were lied to by the liars that pretend to be a government of/for/by the people. Just one lie of many.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 04/30/14 at 19:30:52

In a half a trillion dollar bailout,... an 11.2 billion deficit is a fart in a windstorm...

The bailout went well,.. and saved us from a 30's style depression...
Plus,.. the  treasury still holds some assets... this may equal a gain in the long run...

..and I don't say that in defence of Obama.. the wheels were in progress under Bush...(although he did create the mess to start with)...
Regardless,.. under either,.. it had to done.. and it turned out quite well...
It was gross incompetence and corruption that got us in the mess... fortunately,... cool heads prevailed...
JMHO...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 04/30/14 at 20:20:53

& how does all that justify LIES>?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 05/01/14 at 04:08:06

Serowbot wrote on 04/30/14 at 19:30:52:
In a half a trillion dollar bailout,... an 11.2 billion deficit is a fart in a windstorm...

Plus,.. the  treasury still holds some assets... this may equal a gain in the long run...

..and I don't say that in defence of Obama.. the wheels were in progress under Bush...(although he did create the mess to start with)...
It was gross incompetence and corruption that got us in the mess... fortunately,... cool heads prevailed...
JMHO...

Not sure if your supposition of it saving us from a 1930 style depression is correct or not, could only be postponing the inevitable.....
As the very same policies, by the very same folk, with the very same oversight safeguards, are pretty much intact.
The fact they say it was paid in full, is reason my trust will be withheld.

To say this number is a fart in a windstorm puzzles me too....
If it is such a paltry number, chump change, pay it then and then lets call it good.....

Sorry pal, I think you're chocking on the spoon they feed you with. Our financial house is a fricken mess, the piper has not played yet. To return to this caviler attitude of masking to look good is what got us here in the first place.
Tell you what, you try the same policies with your personal finance and get back to me with the results.....  Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #5 - 05/01/14 at 04:31:34

JMHO...

come on bot, are you repeating the administration's lies or just being sarcastic? Throwing a blanket over the mess does not clean it up.

Stop blaming Bush for all our woes, it's just like whining.."the dog ate my homework"
the current administration is just tax & spend, no attempt to reduce our appalling deficit.
govt must shrink to reduce deficit, Obankrupt is increasing it's size

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 05/01/14 at 07:12:29

Where we are economically is no accident And it will not be fixed. Look back at the "mistakes", "aww GEE, we are just SO sorry! " "We had No idea there would be unintended consequences",,, Horse CRAP.. There is a game afoot, we are pawns. OUr country has been taken over by a power that cant even be located, physically, & punished or stopped. Its not just HERE, either. Remember the man I told you guys about? Wrote Confessions of an economic hit man? Just because he was an American doesnt mean what he was doing actually benefited US, What we are seeing is the culmination of the game.. We are seeing that "New World Order" being brought in.
Order out of chaos,, cant replace a system thats up & running, now can ya? SO, only by wrecking our economy can they drag us into the North American Union, the treaty was signed by Bush,Fox & whoever the Canadian PM was back then,
The federal reserve is owed Interest on every dollar we let them print.,
So, SINCE NO DOLLAR EXISTS except those which they create,, it became a mathematical impossibility to actually pay them back,, It is said that once upon a time someone did pay them back, but that was when it was possible to pay with something other than the dollars the federal reserve created. Gold & silver were still coined by the government back then.,& the federal reserve had to accept that. Now? Im not seein it,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #7 - 05/01/14 at 07:43:43

shorty wrote on 05/01/14 at 04:31:34:

JMHO...

come on bot, are you repeating the administration's lies or just being sarcastic? Throwing a blanket over the mess does not clean it up.

Stop blaming Bush for all our woes, it's just like whining.."the dog ate my homework"
the current administration is just tax & spend, no attempt to reduce our appalling deficit.
govt must shrink to reduce deficit, Obankrupt is increasing it's size

Sorry Shorty,
Serow is correct. Bush created the mess. Thats pretty factual. Bush administration began the plan, that Obama later simply implemented. Thats pretty factual.

As to the lies... name a politician/administration that doesn't... maybe
"Read my lips" always told the truth... nope
"I didn't inhale" ... nope
"I am not a crook" ..... nope

I am not a big fan of Obama.. but I sure am not a fan of either Bush. Its all well and good to show where an elected official failed. But in this case, its a mighty wimpy example of a "failure", and I can GUARANTEE  that matter who was president at the time .. they would have done the exact same thing, it was basically our only out. ( not that I liked it at all).  

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #8 - 05/01/14 at 09:11:01

Pine-
I was not a fan of Bush either, I just don't want to hear excuses for our financial suicide.. All politicians lie, I dislike dems & repubs, business as usual is placing us deeper into debt and all obama can do is blame Bush.
this is obama's 6th year at the wheel.. look up his job accomplishments prior to his presidency, disgraceful performance

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 05/01/14 at 09:32:32

shorty wrote on 05/01/14 at 09:11:01:
look up his job accomplishments prior to his presidency, disgraceful performance

he's probably done quite well considering his prior experience.   Wink

And maybe we would've "recovered" 4 years ago had his signature project had had the proper priority.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 14:07:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Well.....what is it?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.