Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for a Savage Grease Monkey near Albany NY (Read 76 times)
GridMonkey

Albany NY
Looking for a Savage Grease Monkey near Albany NY
04/05/14 at 18:57:15

Hi,

So i have a 96 Savage and there are a few mods id like to do to it. Verslavy Tensioner, That plug fix that keeps the engine from leaking oil out the front, Raptor Petcock, possible rejet (bought it with an after market muffler so i dont know it its correctly jetted,)  possible airfilter/batbox mod.

The kick, i live in an apartment building and keep my bike in a parking garage and have nowhere to work on it ]/ no tools /knowledge to do so. I'm looking to find someone who could do these mods with my assistance/teach me the ways of motorcycle inner workings.  I'd pay for all parts of course, and some money/beer/lawn mowing/schlepping in exchange for the garage, tools, labor, and general know how and knowledge imparting.

PM me if you happen to be willing/able to work something like this out.
Thanks

Luke

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Looking for a Savage Grease Monkey near Albany
Reply #1 - 04/05/14 at 19:14:48

I'd do it but the commute will kill you.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
GridMonkey

Albany NY
Reply #2 - 04/05/14 at 19:25:18

verslagen1 wrote on 04/05/14 at 19:14:48:
I'd do it but the commute will kill you.   Grin

Yea, there is something to be said for knowing it will be done right.... but nope i don't think i could afford you if you lived next door. Smiley  If i do get a taker i will be contacting you about a cam chain tensioner

IP Logged
v-pilot

Loud bikes rule!

Rexford NY
Reply #3 - 04/05/14 at 21:16:53

Hey GridMonkey, I'm in Rexford and could help with some stuff - day projects.  I don't have a lot of room though.  My '97 LS650 cafe project is all over the basement along with two other project bikes and seven other bikes in the garage.  I think there's five of us in the area...haven't met any of them yet.  Three are on the locator map and one that's not. He's in Schenectady but I can't remember his user name, was gonna try to meet up at Jumpin' Jacks some time

Suzuki DR650, aprilia RSVR, aprilia Falco, Bimota DB4(2x)
Moto Guzzi V10, Ducati 900ss, Triumph Trident, Suzuki LS650
Moto Guzzi Le Mans SE(2x), Moto Guzzi V50, Benelli 250, Ducati 250
  IP Logged
GridMonkey

Albany NY
Reply #4 - 04/08/14 at 14:21:39

Hey v-pilot,

I'm not sure what falls under day project, since its all tear down stuff but maybe, aside from that, Jumping Jacks is a pretty good place to meet up, maybe when it's a bit warmer we can try to get a hold of the others in the area and set that up. I also ride with the patriot guard in the area from time to time as well, going to see if maybe any of them have a space/tools/willing to teach me some things.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 12:27:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Looking for a Savage Grease Monkey near Albany NY

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.