Send Topic Print
2003 carb (Read 55 times)
A.J.
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

2003 carb
04/04/14 at 16:45:33

just field striped and cleaned my carb, did not have a rebuild kit; got one on the way. Put the carb on the bike and it started right up after sitting wet for 2 years. used a glass jar as a gass tank. Idled fine I let her warm up and then slightly rolled the throttle, each time she bogged down. Did I set the float too low???? I just had to see if she would start.
A.J. Sad

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: 2003 carb
Reply #1 - 04/04/14 at 23:53:45

Float level is logically possible,.. but not likely...
The main jet, is clogged, or the slide is sticking...

To be the float,.. it would have to be at exactly the level that would allow idle but run out instantly upon opening the throttle...

When adjusting the float,... forget millimeters and micrometers,... just adjust it so that the float arm is basically horizontal when the valve closes...
(hold the carb horizontal, and blow in the fuel inlet,... raise the float with your finger and it should stop passing air at horizontal)...
Low tech... easy peasy... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
A.J.
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/05/14 at 03:19:17

Thanks I'll try youre method.

Everyone in this forum has helped very much ,in helping me get this bike running again.
  Thanks again
A.J. Smiley

IP Logged
A.J.
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/05/14 at 08:21:15

Good morning!!!!
Well I adjusted the carb float by youre method and she started right up and I let her get warm and started to roll the throttle and noticed the pipe getting hot so I shut her down.
I had just changed oil and filter and was afraid I got the filter in backwards , but it was in right. the oil in the crank case is cold.
This bike has been set up for two years, could there be a reason for her not oiling ; and is there a sure way I can verify that she is oiling?????
A.J. Sad

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/29/24 at 01:25:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2003 carb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.