Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
springer front end help? (Read 136 times)
wolfsgrin

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bentonville, AR
springer front end help?
03/28/14 at 04:26:42

Hey just wondering what's the stock length of savage forks? Also what dna springer would most likely keep my ride height about the same with a 21" front wheel. It lists 2" under(20"), 22" stock( Harley?), or 2" over and so on. So if it's a 19" stock tire changed to a 21" I would gain 1" height in front? I think that's right it would be 1" all the way around on each side of the hub. So I guess I would want a springer that is stock length of savage forks and raise it 1" vs. lowering it 1" under savage forks if all they have is 2" increments. Also I am lacing my rear hub to 18" rim so this would raise the rear 1.5" right?  

Also what is the width of the front forks and the size of the axle?  Undecided bear with me last question for the neck what is the stem length and size 7/8 or 1"?  

Thanks  in advance guys, oh I found a shop to hard tail my bike Cycle One Manufacturing right around $500 bucks. get it back in 6 weeks Cheesy

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: springer front end help?
Reply #1 - 03/28/14 at 07:18:19

Use a DNA or Harley axle and hub/hoop, the Savage front axle is a puny little 16mm. Too small for most aftermarket front ends, they are normally built to use an Evo Big Twin piece...

Switching from a 19 to a 21 doesn't change the overall height much. You lose a good bit of sidewall height, especially if you go with an 80/90-21 tire. Narrower tread, considerably shorter sidewall, resulting in far better handling.  

Stock width is irrelevant, but, 9.75" at the fat part of the sliders.

Stock static length is roughly 20" from the bottom of the lower triple tree to the center of the axle.

Basically, you need a springer built for an Ironhead Sportster.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Super Thumper

2001 LS650 With 97mm
Big Bore Kit, Stage
III Cam.

Windsor, Vermont
Reply #2 - 03/28/14 at 07:23:29

The following two sellers will set up one of their springers for a metric bike if you provide them with the measurements they need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DNA-2-UNDER-CHROME-SPRINGER-FRONT-END-KIT-HARLEY-SPOR...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DNA-SPRINGER-FRONT-END-2-UNDER-STOCK-LENGTH-CHROME-NE...

Live To Ride...Ride To Live
WWW   IP Logged
ohio thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/29/14 at 06:23:43

i used a 2 under stock with 21" wheel in the front. there is a post in the cafe of my bike with some info and pics. hope it helps

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #4 - 03/29/14 at 11:51:29

ohio thumper wrote on 03/29/14 at 06:23:43:
i used a 2 under stock with 21" wheel in the front. there is a post in the cafe of my bike with some info and pics. hope it helps

Post a link, please.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 03/29/14 at 12:35:30

arteacher wrote on 03/29/14 at 11:51:29:
ohio thumper wrote on 03/29/14 at 06:23:43:

Post a link, please.

real hard to find...
click on ohio's name...
last 25 posts...
scroll down till you find it.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1364777739/16#16

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:21:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › springer front end help?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.