Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OEM Turn signals cheap alternatives (Read 295 times)
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

OEM Turn signals cheap alternatives
03/15/14 at 01:21:06

So in search of a place to do some work for me I stumbled across a restoration shop here in Houston and I noticed they had a shelf full of different turn signals.   Twice now I've had to replace my rear signals and any direct OEM replacements are roughly $70 at a minimum.   So I spotted a tail light that was 100% identical to mine (07 Savage),  even had the direct plug in clip,  not separate wires needing to be spliced into our clips.   The cost to my surprise was $44.95.  I  inquired with the shop owner about it and he said he was almost sure these were made in the same factory as our OEM ones,  just branded under a different name and half the price.   So if your looking to get new front or rear turn signals,  Google:
K&S Stock 25-3231
That may just be for the rear left turn signal so maybe just Google K&S Stock Suzuki LS650/S40 turn signals and I guarantee you'll spend no more than $50 for replacement OEM turn signals.   I just Googled it and found one for $37.  Anyways,  best of luck and let me know how this works for you,  and / or if you have a better replacement.   The OEM's are not made of metal so they break far too easily but I'm not sure what a good cheap replacement would be that fits without having to make any modifications,  and preferably some sort of metal casing.

IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Re: OEM Turn signals cheap alternatives
Reply #1 - 04/07/14 at 07:57:06

uigiroux - I have been looking for turn signals(my right-rear easily broke) for a few days. My own thread yielded just 1 response. I want one that will bolt up and plug-in(no mods), and want new. I emailed K & S. They stated that they do not make the part in question.     :'(

IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/07/14 at 10:10:40

I'll attach more photos but I made sure to take them off its part number and other info on the package.   If you Google 2020-0268 it'll show you results for K&S direct replacement for the Savage  and it names some other models,  but I promise you they make it.    Just look at the pics!   Let me know if you have any trouble.   I'm gonna try and find a direct link for you in the mean time.

IMAG0097.jpg
  IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/07/14 at 10:17:43

Partial picture,  this one was a front turn signal which is exactly the same as the rear except it has a third wire for the 'run'  function.   These even have the direct plug in for our wiring.   You must of spoke to a newer employee....  Or an idiot.

IMAG0095.jpg
  IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/07/14 at 10:20:23

Last photo I took,  but clearly they make it.

IMAG0096.jpg
  IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/07/14 at 11:13:04

Doug B wrote on 04/07/14 at 07:57:06:
uigiroux - I have been looking for turn signals(my right-rear easily broke) for a few days. My own thread yielded just 1 response. I want one that will bolt up and plug-in(no mods), and want new. I emailed K & S. They stated that they do not make the part in question.     :'(

Doug,  so I just spent some time researching and the picture posted above like I said is for the front,  and disregard what I said to Google earlier.   If you Google 'K&S stock 25-3232' it will show you a front left turn signal I found this on Amazon for $38.  Now I know your saying to yourself 'but I told him I need a rear right new turn signal'  well I did find some on eBay,  but they are stated as being for a VL800 Suzuki and from the pictures they are still 3 wired and do not have the direct hook up that the front ones do that you can find much easier.   The reason I said the front left for you is that the front left is the same as the rear right (with the extra cable,  but you can just cut that cable and cover with electrical tape and voila,  you have a right rear turn signal.   The front left and rear right are the same,  just as the front right (25-3231) and the rear left are the same.   If I was you I'd spring for the front left that you can get in Amazon from Powersport Superstore with free shipping (yay)!   I literally just had to do the same exact thing for my right rear also and I went with a front left and just do what I said,   it works perfectly.   If you are however determined to have a right rear specific light,  like I said you'll have to Google the Suzuki VL800 and the only ones I found that look the same can be found on eBay,  but you'll have to cut the wires and just splice them into your broken tail lights wires so it will hook right up and just ignore that third wire like I said.   I was hoping to find the exact part number like I did for the front ones but the ones eBay says for those rear lights didn't match up right.   So what I have so far is:

FL: 25-3232
FR: 25-3231

Trying to find the exact part numbers for the rear...

RL: 25-????
RR: 25-????

Let me know how your search goes!

Uriah

IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #6 - 04/07/14 at 13:00:09

I just got back from Suzuki  -  I ordered the turn signal part# 35603-38AA0    cost : $91.59    I decided to give my local dealership the business(I bought other parts, as well) albeit at a greater cost.   It also guarantees me a new part(since my bike is in new condition  - 2997 miles).  I hated to do it - especially from what I saw in the aftermarket products    I'm just too lazy right now to mess with any mods   Embarrassed

IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/07/14 at 14:10:39

Doug B wrote on 04/07/14 at 13:00:09:
I just got back from Suzuki  -  I ordered the turn signal part# 35603-38AA0    cost : $91.59    I decided to give my local dealership the business(I bought other parts, as well) albeit at a greater cost.   It also guarantees me a new part(since my bike is in new condition  - 2997 miles).  I hated to do it - especially from what I saw in the aftermarket products    I'm just too lazy right now to mess with any mods   Embarrassed

I'm all for supporting local business,  but these are cheap plastic turn signals.   That's why they break so easily...   I've had to replace three already.   The first I ordered online for $75, and the others I found on eBay,  my last one I was lucky enough to get for $15.  I went to a local custom shop and that's where I found the K&S version,  and the owner said that those were probably produced in the same factory just with a different brand in the packaging.   Currently I'm looking at mini bullet style lights so they'd mount flush up against the chrome mounting bar.   Originally I thought that doing this would require a lot more work than it really does.   If you go to your local hardware store you can find spacers that fit perfectly in where our lights mount,  and just make sure it has a hole that accommodates an m8 bolt.   The trail lights have a hollow bolt they run the wires through so you literally just put the spacer in,  put the turn signal through,  and just secure it with a nut on the inside of the fender.   Then all you have to do is connect 2 wires and your done.  Unlike our cheap plastic signals these are almost always made from metal,  and can be purchased in packs of 4, 2, or individually.   I've found ones exactly like ours but they don't extend out for a full set they're $80 so if you ever need to replace one is just $20, and with the smallest amount of searching you can find other very good and similar looking ones like ours for half that.   I'm not doing that until my next light breaks,  or until someone offers to buy my whole set.  I do already have all the spacers I need and I tap threaded them for an m8 bolt,  took me all of 5 minutes...  

Well I hope you don't break a light any time soon,  but if you do I'd really consider going that route.

IP Logged
SGT Rock
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Blount County Tennessee
Reply #8 - 04/11/14 at 12:08:07

Do you have a link for the mini bullet signals you are using?

No Sniveling!
WWW   IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 04/11/14 at 18:12:49

SGT Rock wrote on 04/11/14 at 12:08:07:
Do you have a link for the mini bullet signals you are using?

This isn't the exact set I'd get,  but you get the idea in terms of savings.   Just Google bullet turn signals and there is an endless list.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009DOZLE4/ref=pd_aw_sbs_1?pi=SL500_SS115

IP Logged
sesamestreet

Mississauga
Reply #10 - 04/11/14 at 19:58:03

I have a set of rears that I snipped the connectors off of to install my bobber lights. Pretty easy to connect them to your existing connectors if available. Let me know I can let them go for cheap.

IP Logged
SGT Rock
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Blount County Tennessee
Reply #11 - 04/12/14 at 04:16:38

My wife's bike has a broken rear left signal. At $90 for an OEM replacement that breaks easy I would rather go with an aftermarket that is either all metal or has a flexible stem.

No Sniveling!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:18:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › OEM Turn signals cheap alternatives

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.