Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What's wromg with Easy Rider?... (Read 127 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
What's wromg with Easy Rider?...
03/13/14 at 02:13:51

I just watched the opening scenes to Easy Rider...
1.   I'm sooooo glad I don't ride those old bikes...
2.   I didn't see any other vehicles on the road in the opening credits... just two bikes on empty road...

Did people buy that in 1969?... No other cars anywhere?...

.. observation numero duo...  
They got drugs in they gas tanks!... then, nuttin!...  they just ride and smoke n' ride,.. and them drugs just percolate in the the tank...

Soooooooooo,....
Easy Rider part Two!...
What happened to the drugs from part one?...
Now you will know...
...(it took 40 years but, the markup on heroin is incredible!... well... not so much really)...
For the sequel...
The Harley's died... what are they riding now?...
Where do the drugs go?...
The original dealers died ages ago...
Never mind.............

So many holes in this movie.. it's hopeless...
I'm still waiting for that ultimate MC film...
Ultimately,.. Easy Rider is a dope film, not a bike film... (so high it forgot the dope part)...
Wild Ones is kinda' funny in today's context...
Some 90210 fellow, made a touchy feeliy film on a classic Norton... (too touchy, too feely)...
"Electra-Glide in Blue" is my fave...
Lots of race films... "Closer to the Edge" is best.......
... but,...
We need a good ride film...

Maybe this is Yonuh's job?...
Write a ride film that makes you feel the seat and grips... and don't grow corny,... and cliche'...

Maybe I'll write it...
...but what bike?... Savage?...
where from and to?...
I got the rest... ride , ride, boink, ride, fight, ride, boink... money, peace, boink.. ride in to sunset...
...boink... maybe die...
...(guaranteed classic?)...
Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Re: What's wromg with Easy Rider?...
Reply #1 - 03/13/14 at 05:03:43

agree easy rider sucked, more disturbing than entertaining..
still waiting for a good MC movie..

when I was a kid riding dirt bikes there was a good movie titled: on any sunday.. enjoyed that one, went riding through the woods @ 11pm after movie ended

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #2 - 03/13/14 at 05:40:27

I like STONE COLD with Brian Bosworth:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102984/

It's an outlaw biker gang movie.

I got a dvd copy off PayBay years ago for ten federal reserve note$.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 03/13/14 at 06:04:38

Yup, cause we all know them motorcycle clubs are all bad asses that deal in guns and drugs.
Um, are we a gang?....   Undecided Undecided

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #4 - 03/13/14 at 07:36:32

Serowbot,
You are not taking into account the times. Being of legal age at the time it was released, Easy Rider was written, directed, and acted by folks properly medicated and mellow with a vocabulary of three words, "Man, Cool, and Groovy". And it was shown to an audience also properly medicated and mellow. You could have showed us anything that promoted counter culture and it would be considered the best movie of all times. But times change. Today I use an alligator clip as a.....alligator clip, nothing more.

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #5 - 03/13/14 at 12:03:51

Blinky-FSO wrote on 03/13/14 at 07:36:32:
Serowbot,
You are not taking into account the times. Being of legal age at the time it was released, Easy Rider was written, directed, and acted by folks properly medicated and mellow with a vocabulary of three words, "Man, Cool, and Groovy". And it was shown to an audience also properly medicated and mellow. You could have showed us anything that promoted counter culture and it would be considered the best movie of all times. But times change. Today I use an alligator clip as a.....alligator clip, nothing more.

Good hunting

You pretty much summed it up Blinky. But them dern young whippersnappers still won't understand. It's just another of them "ya had ta be there" things  Cool Wink

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #6 - 03/13/14 at 12:25:39

I might get this post deleted for this but what the heck...

My paranormal romance series I am writing is about a Motorcycle Club called the Sorcerers. Each book deals with a specific member.

Okay, shameless plug over.

I found Easy Rider extremely boring. The only redeeming factor were the bikes themselves.

I also just recently watched another movie that I swear was even more boring, I don't know what ya'll think of it, but 2001 A Space Odyssey dang near put me to sleep and it made no sense what so ever.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 03/13/14 at 12:36:31

I can comment about riding on the roads during the sixties and it was possible to ride for miles without seeing another vehicle in rural areas.  At night, on newly built stretches of interstate in the western states, you could drive all night long and only see a few cars.  You did need a big gas tank because you didn't see many gas stations.  The gas tanks on the bikes in that movie wouldn't have gotten them very far.

I went to the theater and saw that movie when it first came out.  The theme song was a big hit but I don't think the movie impressed very many people.  I never did understand what was supposed to be the point of it or just what part of it was supposed to be entertaining but it did receive a lot of hype and many young people saw it.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #8 - 03/13/14 at 12:57:19

Bot,

You need to go back and re-watch the movie.  They had cocaine in the tank.  They sell it to the dealer.  In the next scene, they are rolling the money ($100s) and stuff the bills into the plastic tube that is then put in the gas tank.

IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #9 - 03/13/14 at 13:16:34

gerald.hughes wrote on 03/13/14 at 12:57:19:
Bot,

You need to go back and re-watch the movie.  They had cocaine in the tank.  They sell it to the dealer.  In the next scene, they are rolling the money ($100s) and stuff the bills into the plastic tube that is then put in the gas tank.

If I can recall through the haze, didn't Fonda and Hopper deliver the cocaine in a dummy motorcycle battery? I could be wrong and if that battery is still in circulation, it could be the cause of most of the threads concerning starting issues. Maybe we need to move this thread to the tech section?

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 03/13/14 at 13:18:18

Mussa' slept through that bit... Undecided...

Grin...

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 03/13/14 at 13:46:25

What's wrong with the title?

WWW   IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #12 - 03/13/14 at 14:04:10

So I'll stand up for Easy Rider. I always like watching the movie when it comes on the classic movie channel; I even own a copy I burned to DVD years ago. It is low budget and kinda slow paced, which most people don't have the patience for. It is very visual and has a beautiful soundtrack, the same can be said for 2001: A Space Odyssey. Both movies also require you to pay attention to the dialogue in order to understand the plot, rather thank making it completely obvious. As the movie's writer, Dennis Hopper was actually inspired some by 2001. Also, the way it was shot was meant to be a "cinematic translation of the psychedelic experience".

I think it is a great story about two guys cashing it all in to set out on a trip across the last of the American frontier. Blinky is right, they sell drugs to get money for their trip (literally, figuratively, and mentally). They have a destination, but it is all about having an open mind about the journey, the experiences they have, and the people they meet (and yes, the drugs too Grin). That is the emphasizes the hippie counterculture, but it also shows the discrimination people had against them, which was definitely relevant at the time it was made.

I will admit that the film is probably way over hyped, but it is still enjoyable and an important cultural piece.

If you want a good, accurate motorcycling movie, check out Long Way Round. A documentary television series, DVD set and book documenting the 19,000-mile (31,000 km) journey of Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman from London to New York City on motorcycles.

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

'03 Savage bobber. Rebuilt too many times.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #13 - 03/13/14 at 14:11:05

verslagen1 wrote on 03/13/14 at 13:46:25:
What's wrong with the title?

wroMg??? Grin

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #14 - 03/13/14 at 16:44:24

Okay,... ... I screwed up... twice... Grin...
Not my day fer' thinkin'... Huh...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:22:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › What's wromg with Easy Rider?...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.