Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
easy wiring harness+ things to come (Read 99 times)
wolfsgrin

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bentonville, AR
easy wiring harness+ things to come
03/05/14 at 01:31:45

Hey guys, just wondering if any electrical wizards might know if this wiring harness will work for the savage. The diagram looks hooked on phonics easy to read. But doesn't show the cdi box or relay. Is the black box pictured the relay. I really have no idea about electrical or an internal combustion engine for that matter but am learning. have found some good sites on motorcycle wiring. Just wanting to make the job 3 hrs instead of 3 days. well that's all I have another question about knife edging the wheels but will start a whole new topic on that. Will post pics of my bike soon. A before and after, if you will. Have lots of goodies on the waySmiley. Let's see, just got my new decomp controller in(spooky zuki),chain conversion kit 14/43 (installed),raptor 660 petcock, fake electronics oil bag from tc bros. choppers, new starter motor, complete gasket set, skeleton key gas cap(going on stock tank) and nothing big just purchased the total beast performance kit from Lancer grrrrrr. Pulling and shipping that this weekend. 97 mm wossener with a stage 2 cam, mikuni carb with ufo and having the exhaust ported. My plan is to have the frame hardtailed while engine is out getting purrtied up. Going to a local shop for hardtail. I like voodoo vintage's stuff and their enthusiam in the savage but I need a little more leg room and there hardtails look about stock size. So I'm going 4 inches stretch past the seat post. Oh yeah painting the stock tires with this can can of whitewall tire paint I've had for a couple years. I was gonna use it on my '65 continental but white walls for that were easier to find. A couple months time and I should have a Harley killer. next year it gets a springer front end( looks>performance), new tires 21F/18R and a paint job. I'll keep the paint job a surprise. Sorry for ramblin' I'm just excited about this riding season but there was a question in there somewhere. Yes, do you think this  Ultima chopper wiring harness will work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMPLETE-WIRING-HARNESS-FOR-HARLEY-CHOPPER-BOBBER-/23...

IP Logged
Colxjon
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: easy wiring harness+ things to come
Reply #1 - 03/05/14 at 05:19:21

The voodoo vintage hardtail is a 4 inch stretch. I'd recommend it to someone looking for a hardtail for the savage. Good price too.

IP Logged
wolfsgrin

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bentonville, AR
Reply #2 - 03/05/14 at 23:14:55

Yeah their weld on hardtail has 4 inch stretch and 2 inch drop but I believe the stretch is the whole backbone as it's raised over stock. I want the ride height and backbone the same just want that four inch stretch past the seat post for the extra leg room. Any news if this chopper wiring harness will work?

IP Logged
ChrisTech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/06/14 at 14:44:49

If you want to keep blinkers, or any kind of handle bar switches you might as well keep the oem harness and just eliminate what you do not want. I just chopped my harness but that because I went with a bare bones setup, just brake and headlight, igniter, and starter solenoid, oh and rectifier. I also kept my decomp, have you ever tried to manually lift the valves, hard as a pregnant dog, and hot as one too.Go off the simplified/chop diagram in the tech section, you can add in the neutral light as well, and whatever you you want. Hope this helps

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 21:22:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › easy wiring harness+ things to come

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.