Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
accountable care organizations (Read 176 times)
North Country Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bangor Maine
Re: accountable care organizations
Reply #15 - 03/31/14 at 21:57:27

I regard health care as a right, and if some people do not, or they cannot stand the idea of poor people getting health care, then that's just too bad. We had the debate, we had our day in the Supreme Court and we had an election. So these whiners just need to be rolled over as we complete the task of getting everyone covered.
The shameless, purposeful intent to remain ignorant about the ACA and about the lies and misinformation spread by FOX and RUSH and the rest of the anti-Obama cheerleaders is pitiful. And many of those on the sidelines cheering against the ACA are the same people who enjoy the benefits of SS and Medicare and don't even realize that the policies of the GOP hurt them the most.

North Country Girl   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/01/14 at 05:44:05

I regard health care as a right in the sense I would support taxes paying for those under 18, those over retirement age, those legitimately physically or mentally unable to support themselves. I support Medicaid with monitored criteria for coverage eligibility and would mandate that healthcare providers provide emergency care for anyone regardless of ability to pay. I support moving employers away from the primary supplier of healthcare. I support non-cancellation policies and guaranteed portability with a few limited exceptions for fraud. And as far as I can think of; that’s it.

The more we take responsibilities away from men and women who should provide for their families, the more we emasculate them. Federal mandates that ‘children’ up to age 26 can stay on their parent’s coverage is ridiculous. We keep adding corn to the bird feeder and further develop the concept of government dependence for the young and healthy.

I don’t know anyone, not a single person, who cannot stand the idea of poor people getting healthcare. No one. I don’t know where you get that idea from.

You did not have a debate; it was passed by one party of Congress where no one, and I mean no one, read the bill. You had your day in the Supreme Court and it was ruled to be a tax. You had your election where the media carried the failed President to another term at which point he began systematically doing away with parts of the law that weren’t working.

This law will be an albatross around the neck of the USA in so many different ways, it’s hard to count. There is no need for lies and misinformation to be spread by anyone except the administration which lies repeatedly about the statistics of those signing up. You can't  tell me with any degree of certainty who has signed up, why, who has paid etc... So far, the last estimate I saw was maybe 1 million who did not have insurance before all this have signed up. How many have paid is anyone’s guess because that’s top secret; at least until after the mid-terms. So, we did all of this, passed a  clearly unconstitutional law, set precedent that will be regretted until the nation's dying day, literally  knocked millions off their current insurance and kept people from their preferred doctors so 1 out of 46 million would sign up for healthcare insurance with some % of that million not even paying their premium? And that's something to be joyful about? Really?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 04/01/14 at 06:03:38

housing? Food? Water? Clothing? TRansportation? Are these also "rights"?
YOU "consider" health care a "right"..care to explain HOW it is ever a right to force someone else to work for free? Or FORCE someone else to pay for what YOU need?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/01/14 at 06:37:06

I think in a civilized society, yes, it is up to others to provide certain things for those who are actually unable to provide for themselves. "Take care of orphans and widows".

You should know me well enough by now JOG that I am not in favor of handouts. I'm not sure you read my post carefully. At this point in my life, I do not need direct assistance. When I was 8 however, I was orphaned and for all practically purposes, abandoned in the inner city. Now, in my case, I had two aunts who tracked me down, took me in and raised me because their upbringing told them that it was their obligation to care for their own. In today’s world,  that’s becoming less and less the case. In today's world, they would apply for government assistance and become comfortable living in the semi-poverty that welfare, food stamps and other programs provide. Misery loves company and entire neighborhoods are content to settle for that lifestyle and blame the rich guy for their troubles rather than themselves. This is where liberals turn to and pat themselves on the backs. They are proud they've enslaved generation after generation.... it's disgusting.

What I think is among the worst outcomes of Obamacare is continuing a mindset that the young and healthy can turn to government for what historically has been their responsibility to provide for, and not only themselves, but for their families as well.

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #19 - 04/01/14 at 09:21:55

webster & justin nailed it......thanks

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 04/01/14 at 09:22:17

ACA is really a joke, they are depending on the healthy young to pay for the sickly old.  How many healthy young have good paying jobs that pay for their own HI?  Probably little to none.  All of them will have group HI paid for by their employers.  Otherwise the HY have minimum wage jobs and will be getting aid.

WWW   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 04/03/14 at 05:11:46

Mission Accomplished?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:10:18

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › accountable care organizations

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.