Send Topic Print
First post-new guy (Read 107 times)
DaveG
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

First post-new guy
02/21/14 at 17:34:09

I have been reading this forum for about a year when I bought my 2006 s40 with 7K miles for $1900.00. I have owned over a dozen bikes since the mid 70's and I really like the simplicity of the s40.
Modifications include the raptor petcock and the air mixture screw plug removal and adjust. I raised the seat about an inch, added more padding and had it recovered. Also I am running an 18" rear wheel. Got the rim from Mikes XS and laced it myself (the  16" and 18" XS650 drum brake hub is the same diameter as the s40 so their pre drilled rims work on the s40-not so with the 19" front wheel since the s40 hub is smaller). I used a 110/80/15 tire so I would not have to modify the swingarm. It clears by about a half an inch. For the front, I Ebay-ed a 19" alloy rim, undrilled, and will send it, the front hub, and the stock spokes, to Buchanan Wheel and Spoke so both wheels match. I got the shouldered "H" style rims.
I look forward to availing myself of the expertise on this forum. Hope I can contribute as well.
I

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: First post-new guy
Reply #1 - 02/21/14 at 21:16:19

Cool!... Welcome,...
I'm sure the folks would enjoy some pics...
Wink...

...that's a 110/80-18" right?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #2 - 02/22/14 at 05:28:22

Welcome Dave!!   Smiley

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
DaveG
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/22/14 at 06:41:24

Yes, it is a 110/80/18. I also am using the Mikes XS 11 1/2" Monza shocks. They are stiff but I weigh 240 pounds. They were cheap, but I do plan to upgrade them now that I know the correct length. My next change will be to find some motocross style handlebars in 1 inch and eliminate the "TT" style bars on it now. I just don't like the look of them.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 02/22/14 at 08:43:41

I imagine its hard to see past your shoulders w/ the mirrors.. M/cross bars will open your arms up & youll be more comfortable. Youre too big to have such narrow bars,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #5 - 02/24/14 at 00:54:37

by TT bars do you mean the stockers? I find my right hand going numb on longer rides and I think the narrow bars are the main reason, as this happens on my 26: BMX cruiser, too, with the BMX style handlebars that are also pretty narrow

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:22:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › First post-new guy

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.