Send Topic Print
Old topic, new info (Read 184 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Old topic, new info
Reply #15 - 02/20/14 at 22:54:52

No one I know WANTS dirty air, or radioactivity, we HAVE clean coal, but Clinton made it Off Limits. Our Nuke plants are leaking. They were designed to run 20+ years.. theyre mostly around 40..& they LEAK..& bammy is closing coal plants,, genius..
Have you seen those windmills? Theyre horrid & they wipe out the birds. Ive heard nothing really good about them,maybe theyve been victims of lies,, who knows?
I wonder what Tesla knew.,, the goobs swept up his papers & declared "Nashnull Suckyouritee"

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 02/21/14 at 07:50:17

GostThumper wrote on 02/20/14 at 22:17:51:
Weather you believe it or not would you rather suck smoke stacks or have a few solar panels & wind turbines provide your power? Oh & the east coast & gulf have had hundred year storms every other year for the last 5-10 years... climate change/bad weather whatever is costs lots o $ & we're killin the planet... or mayb it will kill us when the environment gets too out of wack. Harmony w/our home will work better in long run! (& I have solar panels on my roof payin 1/2 my power bill take that Power Co monopoly LOL)

I'm throwing the bull$h!t flag here.... 15 yard penalty.....

the east coast and gulf have NOT had 100 year storms every other year for the last 5-10 years....  

Wind turbines & solar are not going to EVER provide enough energy to sustain GROWTH. Wind turbines are fine if you want to go backwards a 100 years.

We've been screwing around with those two technologies forever; if they were gonna work, they would have done so by now. There is no magic formula waiting to be discovered that will make wind and solar provide enough energy for the masses. There is just no way to get enough energy density out of them.

I've got no problem putting solar panels on your roof, I've got no problem if everyone did and cut down a few coal plants, but don't freaking make me pay thousands more because you wrongly think the 'east coast is having 100 year storms every other year' because I drive an F150 4x4 or I keep my thermostat on 72 in the winter.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #17 - 02/21/14 at 10:30:56

WebsterMark wrote on 02/21/14 at 07:50:17:
GostThumper wrote on 02/20/14 at 22:17:51:
Weather you believe it or not would you rather suck smoke stacks or have a few solar panels & wind turbines provide your power? Oh & the east coast & gulf have had hundred year storms every other year for the last 5-10 years... climate change/bad weather whatever is costs lots o $ & we're killin the planet... or mayb it will kill us when the environment gets too out of wack. Harmony w/our home will work better in long run! (& I have solar panels on my roof payin 1/2 my power bill take that Power Co monopoly LOL)

I'm throwing the bull$h!t flag here.... 15 yard penalty.....

the east coast and gulf have NOT had 100 year storms every other year for the last 5-10 years....  

Second that - it's been at a near 30 year low. The sun is going into an extended dormancy period and the weather has been very mild with no increase in real temperature in the past 17 years. We have fallen out of all of the statistical models meaning that there is no global warming model that can be used to explain the current climate situation (or, more accurtately lack there of) so the real big story on the climate is there is no story, business as usual. Except for the billions wasted on some religious fantasy.

Quote:
Wind turbines & solar are not going to EVER provide enough energy to sustain GROWTH. Wind turbines are fine if you want to go backwards a 100 years.

And the Chinese have near ruined the solar panel market. The materials they are using today are soo cheap and unsuitable for solar panels that they previously experienced lifespan of 20+ years is now aroud 3-7 years.

Quote:
We've been screwing around with those two technologies forever; if they were gonna work, they would have done so by now. There is no magic formula waiting to be discovered that will make wind and solar provide enough energy for the masses. There is just no way to get enough energy density out of them.

They are working on an idea where the panels sit vertical in a box (like shelves in a bookshelf) with a special coating that reduces the number of photons bouncing out. Who knows where that is going???

Quote:
I've got no problem putting solar panels on your roof, I've got no problem if everyone did and cut down a few coal plants, but don't freaking make me pay thousands more because you wrongly think the 'east coast is having 100 year storms every other year' because I drive an F150 4x4 or I keep my thermostat on 72 in the winter.

Try returning to the days of dredging silt-choaked rivers and live more than a few feet above sea level.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
GostThumper
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 02/23/14 at 23:01:26

Kool-Aid drinkers LOL! @ least U acknowledge that nuclear is probably not a great idea ask Japan or Chernobyl, coal isnt clean ask some people that live in northern NV or near ANY "clean" coal plant. You dont think Katrina & New Jersey are 100 yr storms & the tornado belt has been pretty active, & weather in general is way different in the last 20 or so years Ive been watchin? Who is having you pay thousands, the Republicans/oil barons/bankers & super-rich(not the comfortable that think the Party cares about them) who pat each other on the back with ALL our $s while the Country goes under & they tell you its cheap insurance/everything Obama does fault? Most things that any Prez gets passed dont really have much effect til after they are out of office. Hence Bush's unregulated big business almost destroying our Country as he was gettin out. & I dont know about new solar panel quality(mine are still goin strong after 10yrs), & i agree that wind shouldnt kill birds, but they do have smaller vertical spinning tubines that would cut down on that as they look solid when spinning. But if we could quit subsidizing big oil (who declare record profits EVERY year) & nuclear/coal Co's that make pollution that could outlive our race or minimum just destroy mountains/rivers/towns/etc & spend some of that $ on renewables mayb we wouldnt be so reliant on & paying countries who hate us & we end up fighting wars with to secure oil, to keep polluting? Nature has a way of correcting problems so you can stay in the same circle hoping for a different result or I hope we see some advancement 2 a better world even if it costs me a couple $s before its too late, & no-1s around to blame. We only have 1 Planet, Peace!

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #19 - 02/24/14 at 09:13:43

I have been following the climate stuff for a while now. At one time, I was sure the humanity and their CO2 was too blame, now... not so much.

There are a lot of factors at work, and too be sure, what man has done to earth is not very good, nor sustainable.. but did we change the climate?

The sun has been approaching and now is leaving SOLAR MAX, and yet it has failed to provide the level of solar activity associated with Solar Max for the last 5 or 6 of them at least. Now a Solar max hits once every 11 years. So this solar max is weaker than it has been for the last 66 years. And yeah Co2 had nothing to do with it.

Theres other considerations as well. Such as "what is the normal temp of the earth"... guess what?? it aint a balmy 70F.. or event 60F... yeah ice age is the NORM. Human kind has enjoyed an extended ( over extended) warm trend ( over 10k years).

All that said... hey I am all FOR windmills and solar power.. and thoruim and those cool things for the oceans.. and Thermal for Iceland. The less crap we put in the air... the more my lungs like it.

Other tidbits:
most effective "green house gas" Water vapor
Second most effective green house gas methane

fracking uses CO2...
CO2 is being drilled for in my state... we let them blow up the rezivoir so they could seismically find it. Funny how nobody is stopping the pumping of that.

I really wish it were just Co2... then we could "fix it". How do you fix the sun? How do you fix the earths magnetosphere which has been weakening since 1800s?   I dont doubt, that CO2 is hurtful, I do doubt that the harm it does is significant in the grand scheme of things.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 02/24/14 at 10:11:41

Katrina was a category 3 storm, big but not a super storm. It happened to hit in the worst possible place that's why New Orleans got devastated. And since you global warming religious zealots are really nothing but political animals, it's worth pointing out that a Democratically controlled New Orleans was heavily damaged when poorly designed or kept up flood walls failed thanks to typical Democratic corruption....

And as I said before, you CANNOT do anything other than what Rev. Al Gore does which is to shout from your pulpit that storm are occurring more frequently, but when asked to provide proof, you run away. So, I'll put it to you; show me records where there were 100 year storms every other year for the past 5-10 years or simply admit to ....hmmmmm ... let's see...what's a good phrase to use here.... .how about irrational exuberance  ....

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #21 - 02/24/14 at 12:51:53

WebsterMark wrote on 02/24/14 at 10:11:41:
Katrina was a category 3 storm, big but not a super storm. It happened to hit in the worst possible place that's why New Orleans got devastated. And since you global warming religious zealots are really nothing but political animals, it's worth pointing out that a Democratically controlled New Orleans was heavily damaged when poorly designed or kept up flood walls failed thanks to typical Democratic corruption....

And as I said before, you CANNOT do anything other than what Rev. Al Gore does which is to shout from your pulpit that storm are occurring more frequently, but when asked to provide proof, you run away. So, I'll put it to you; show me records where there were 100 year storms every other year for the past 5-10 years or simply admit to ....hmmmmm ... let's see...what's a good phrase to use here.... .how about irrational exuberance  ....

now webby... NO is a beast unto itself. To say that either party ran NO is .. well it just aint right.

Number one rule in politics in NO: Better the crook you know that the one you dont.

Those levees, were pretty much touched by any politician that could.. it makes folks feel warm inside when you "protect them".  

My wife is from LA ( the state not the city)... her whole family jokes about the croo ... I mean politicians there.

apologies to any from LA.... but its not news...  Grin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #22 - 02/24/14 at 13:50:40

The last thing I remember hearing just before the world went silent on the subject was... "we gave you $$$ to repair the levees last year, what did you do with it?"

WWW   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 02/25/14 at 05:17:19

The last Republican mayor of New Orleans was in 1872 so I'd say the Dems had a lock on New Orleans.....  But former New Orleans mayors dress snappy......Ray Nagin's getting fitted for a nice pinstripe outfit that he'll get free replacements for 10-20 years or so......depending on his good behavior....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:08:22

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Old topic, new info

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.