Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
My First Savage (Build) (Read 563 times)
maxtowers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Versilia, Italy
Re: My First Savage (Build)
Reply #30 - 02/24/14 at 14:10:23

I'm glad for you that you got your bikeSmiley your pictures reminds me when i got mine... for the front fender i have to say that after a summer with little rain (by which i obviously got caught every time) i decided for the winter to put back the front fender but i painted it flat black so it's not that visible... for me it's a good compromise, but as soon as the summer is back, the fender goes back on the shelf 'till next winter...

1994 Suzuki Savage, mini ape, raptor petcock, lowered forks
  IP Logged
Loud3r

Sacramento, Ca

Reply #31 - 02/27/14 at 15:45:38

Gonna be slow moving on her in the next month, just got the license back, and that was a godly amount of money. Got her insured, and registered. Battery tender is hardwired, adding some license plate light bolts tonight, but man, she sure does ride and run like a champ now that I've got all the bugs worked out of her.

Things to look forward to:

Custom box for the electrical (I've got an insane idea, but I'm not ready to give it away)

Bigger peanut tank

Solo seat

Removal of the chrome covers

Paintjob

and some other odds and ends, not all in that order. But for now, It's time to get some miles and enjoy the new bike. I'm loving being back on the road again, and very happy with my choice in the savage. It gets all kinds of looks and questions, love the way she sounds, and Very torquey with the chain conversion, exhaust, cone filter, and regear. Not so fast that she'll get me in trouble, but just fast enough to have a little fun(:

« Last Edit: 02/28/14 at 05:08:15 by Dave »  

If it's not thumpin, im not humpin.
  IP Logged
Loud3r

Sacramento, Ca

Reply #32 - 03/02/14 at 19:38:19

So got a little done on my bike today, and even helped the old man with his. Added a lisence plate light, fixed the rattle from the second heat shield, cleaned up some of the wiring, and added a tool roll. Then helped tune the carb on my dad's new bike, the one on the right. 113ci S&S motor, man that thing makes such a great sound. Even got a good little bit of riding in between the showers, And she sure does sound amazing without any rattle. new pics coming soon, but here are a couple I've gotten recently.

Can't wait to not be broke, so i can get a little more into it.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #33 - 03/03/14 at 16:40:36

You got a good start there young dude, and a good deal on the bike as well.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you do.
I was in your neighborhood not long ago when I picked up a new wife and carried her off to SC and then OK.  It was a bit of a culture shock for her since she was born and had lived in Sac for her entire life.  Her reprograming is going well though, so all is good.
 Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Loud3r

Sacramento, Ca

Reply #34 - 03/22/14 at 13:13:06

Gotten a little farther with her, figured I'd show some of the fruits of labor.

Painted her up real nice like, got into the carb, and found they removed the spacer and put one thin ass metal washer (now i know where the white smoke was coming from) put in two #4 nylons, throttle response is a little crappy now, will pull out one of them tonight when i get home.

Gonna pick up the plug i ordered on my lunchbreak, hopefully get her installed tomorrow, stop that leak up.

New seat, and maybe the Ryca bobber exhaust. anyone have any feedback? they look awesome, but for the price i bet they sound nothing like my jardine

IP Logged
Loud3r

Sacramento, Ca

Reply #35 - 03/23/14 at 21:56:14

Got her oil changed, new filter, and picked up my plug. Gonna get on it wednesday.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #36 - 03/24/14 at 04:20:33

Loud3r I really like how you repurposed the front turn signal mounts!   Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:22:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My First Savage (Build)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.