Dyna Muffler (Read 262 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Dyna Muffler
Reply #15 - 01/29/14 at 23:35:46

KT... I changed out the stock muff to a dyna muff and didn't have to rejet, bike ran exactly the same, no adjustment needed.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Kirill Timofeev
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 01/30/14 at 00:06:00

old_rider wrote on 01/29/14 at 23:35:46:
KT... I changed out the stock muff to a dyna muff and didn't have to rejet, bike ran exactly the same, no adjustment needed.

Thanks for the info, my stock muffler is very rusty (with extra holes and something rattling inside), so I'm thinking of changing it in the nearest future. Have you checked color of spark plugs after upgrade?

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #17 - 01/30/14 at 00:50:18

Nope, been running just like always so I'm leaving it alone.... however when it warms a bit, I am changing a leaky plug on the head, i'll pull the spark plug then and look at it, and probably adjust the tappy valvey thingies Smiley.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #18 - 01/30/14 at 16:45:10

I contacted the hd dealership and unfortunately they said they didn't have any good deals to be had.  They did offer a new one for $165.   Cheesy
I suppose I will try ebay.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Reply #19 - 01/30/14 at 19:19:36

pqambr, that's what happened to me. My local HD dealer told me that they didn't sell used parts.  I've been in there a couple of times and they are quite snobbish. I won't darken their door again, even if I happen to purchase a Harley in the future.

I got a couple from Ebay at a decent price. Used one, gave other away on this forum after I sold the bike.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #20 - 01/30/14 at 19:36:29

I can't speak highly of hd from my experiences.  I will always have a bad taste in my mouth after they wouldn't help me with a flat 100 yards down the road from there store.

IP Logged
Duckman24
YaBB Newbies

Life's better on 2
wheels!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #21 - 01/31/14 at 05:17:37

I just picked up a pair of Dyna muffs for $50. I placed a wanted ad on Kijiji and got a bunch of replies. I'm guessing there's a bunch of Harley owners that have their old pipes and don't think of selling them. Funny thing is I'm seeing ads now for used pipes and the prices are way too high.
Now, bring on spring so I can get it installed Smiley .
Will probably sell my spare for $25, assuming I don't screw up my install on the first one.  Undecided

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 01/31/14 at 07:41:51

pg wrote on 01/30/14 at 19:36:29:
I can't speak highly of hd from my experiences.  I will always have a bad taste in my mouth after they wouldn't help me with a flat 100 yards down the road from there store.

Thatd do it for me, too..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #23 - 01/31/14 at 07:50:44

Dealers always turn their nose up at me when I ask for their precious harley parts for my *gasp* dirty jap bike, even though they have a bin of take off mufflers waiting to get scrapped. Try to find a local independently owned shop, not a dealer; the kind of place called something like "Joe's Cycle Shop" that works mostly on older harleys. They will have a room full of old junk that you can dig through. Since every harley rider changes their mufflers, the take offs are usually in very nice condition. Now they might not know the model or year of any of the stock they have, you can probably just carry in your stock exhaust and find something that lines up with it. These guys are always happy to get rid of that old stock and will probably charge you $15-$25. Get a clamp too, they are $8 from a dealer.

Make friends with these guys, as the savage can use many harley bars,  grips, foot pegs, fenders, lights, shocks, etc... with very little effort.

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

'03 Savage bobber. Rebuilt too many times.
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #24 - 01/31/14 at 08:40:31

I change my muffler once a year, go to a huge classic car show with a flea market and always find harley mufflers there for 10 bucks.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #25 - 01/31/14 at 16:49:04

old_rider wrote on 01/29/14 at 23:35:46:

Is that because you are at sea level?  I did go and order one at ebay.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:22:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna Muffler

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.