Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Pending economic collapse?... (Read 232 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Pending economic collapse?...
Reply #15 - 01/25/14 at 17:03:35

That's a bad analogy. Bonus is compensation, not 'moms dishing out more food to her favorite Johnny'.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #16 - 01/25/14 at 17:18:45

Quote:
So? How does that affect you? What do bonuses paid to others have to do with you?

I (we) am experiencing the ramifications of a dysfunctional corporate culture that is obsessed with short-term earnings as opposed to maintaining and or strengthening an on-going financial concern.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 01/25/14 at 20:15:10

And what specifically are those ramifications? What is it that JP Morgan did that impacts you on a day to day basis? What can't you do because of them? What specifically have you lost?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 01/25/14 at 21:31:35

WebsterMark wrote on 01/25/14 at 20:15:10:
And what specifically are those ramifications? What is it that JP Morgan did that impacts you on a day to day basis? What can't you do because of them? What specifically have you lost?

"Please sir, can I have some more?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 01/25/14 at 21:32:44

That dude drank it all, Rowboat,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 01/26/14 at 05:02:36

The only one stopping you is yourself. You want more, go get more. Stop crying about your lot in life.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 01/26/14 at 16:31:07

So, youre rich, Webster? Or you just dont want any more? Or youre too lazy to go get it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 01/26/14 at 17:16:15

1) Nope
2) I'm happy with what I make and what I do.
3) me, lazy? Nope, I work hard. I could double what I make, but I don't want to put that more time into it or relocate.

If I lost this job I'd find another. If I wanted more, I'd go get it. Anyone can, as long as you're not one of those crybabies that blame their lot in life on everyone but themselves. The short answer is quit crying and bitching.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 01/26/14 at 20:11:03

You go tell that to the unemployed ,, You reallyt think people suddenly got lazy? People who have worked all their lives, bought cars & houses, only to have them repossessed? Yea,, likie Bammys poll numbers are because the same people who voted for him the first time suddenly became racists,, I get it..

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 01/27/14 at 06:07:11

Do I think people suddenly got lazy? No, not all. But do I think everyone drawing a government check is trying to better themselves? No! My wife works at a very large church in town.  They advertise for a custodian and I think the pay was around 950 an hour. Four people schedulied an interview. That's all, despite a high unemployment rate.  Only one person showed up and he got the job. The last guy who worked there was about the same situation, he was the only one to show up at the interview.  Now you might say $9.50  an hour is a joke, you can make that much on unemployment. But it's amazing the people you meet when you go to work and try to better yourself. That particular custodian got his truck stolen. The congregation of the church found out about it and raised $5000 and bought him a new truck. He then went on later to take a better paying job that required a truck and he's doing much better now than if he'd just stayed home on unemployment.

I guess the real difference is I just don't whine and complain about how much other people make. It seems like almost everybody else on this forum, that's all they do, complain complain complain that "the other guy makes more money than he does. It's just not fair!" I get sick of hearing it.

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #25 - 01/27/14 at 07:41:12

According to the government, the economy is doing just fine.....it's just the taxpayers that are suffering.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 01/27/14 at 08:01:26

Ive heard of hundreds & hundreds lined up for as few as 20 jobs,, maybe that job just wasnt well advertised.. Youve got one instance, Ive seen reports of many.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 01/27/14 at 09:30:51

I told you guys about my girlfriend and her mother going to the DoL. Straight from the worker bee there he reported that the statistics in Connecticut are much higher than reported.
He claimed where they are reporting 19.2% it's more like 25%.
1/4 of the people here are unemployed.

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 01/27/14 at 09:34:58

Oh, I agree the percentage is probably much higher than what's published.
But then why do so few people show up for a job?
I've seen those lines on television also. I wonder if this is a case where those jobs are advertised through some government agency and not through the want ads, classified, or on monster.com.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 01/27/14 at 10:32:59

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts

Why did so few show up for the one job you know about? How was it advertised? Maybe people expected a huge line for one lousy job & theyd been down that road before.. Just because only a few applied doesnt mean there arent a huge number unemployed,
Its an Open Secret that once peoples benefits are exhausted, theyre no longer considered unemployed,, so, its only obvious that there are many not included in the official statistics. WHY we allow our goobs to obviously lie to us is amazing to me,, & how many dont even KNOW those stats are completely useless? We PAY them to gather the numbers,, someone is making a good living gathering data & compiling an "Unemployment today" number,, & its only propaganda.. & we pay for it,, its pathetic,, OHH I do so LOOOVE my country,,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:10:04

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Pending economic collapse?...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.