Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Lie of the Year" - Politifact (Read 64 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
"Lie of the Year" - Politifact
12/12/13 at 15:16:09

The popular factchecking website PolitiFact announced its “Lie of the Year” on CNN Thursday. The distinction went to President Barack Obama’s oft-repeated claim during the health care policy debate that “if you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan.”

Top three runners-up for the title.

Conservative author Ann Coulter’s claim that “no doctors who went to an American medical school will be accepting Obamacare.” It received the “pants on fire” rating, the most extreme type of lie by PolitiFact’s rating.

Rep. Michele Bachmann’s (R-Minn.) claim that the IRS is going to be “in charge” of “a huge national database” on health care that will include Americans’ “personal, intimate, most close-to-the-vest-secrets.” It also received the pants on fire rating.

Sen. Ted Cruz’s (R-Texas) claim that ”President Obama just granted all of Congress an exception” to Obamacare. The claim was rated “false” which is one step below pants on fire.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: "Lie of the Year" - Politifact
Reply #1 - 12/12/13 at 16:40:36

I didn't even make the list?... Huh..

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #2 - 12/16/13 at 10:57:21

Wow, Politi"fact" is a liberals propaganda machine so I am surprised they gave Obama the hammer like that. Having the runner ups all be Republicans fits their M.O. though, the last two are actually true and Coulter's statement was just her opinion. But, no need to let facts get in the way of a good piece of yellow journalsim  Grin Grin Grin

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #3 - 01/26/14 at 14:35:00

Just found this on Facebook.

http://www.ourtime.org/a-quick-explainer-why-us-healthcare-costs-are-so-high/

Does it make any sense ?

Incidentally, slaine solution is sold over the counter in pharmacies in 0.5 liter bottles at ~ €2/bottle, so it confirms the €4/liter the guys claims in France (we're actually some 10% cheaper)

$60/liter in the US ? What is it, liquid gold ?  Roll Eyes

So, yes, you are getting robbed by a private health care system which is in business with health care insurance companies.

It can't be otherwise.

Else, the Insurance companies would be at war with the hospitals and refuse to insure them... insist that you go exclusively to the cheaper "vetted" and "approved" ones.

I remember I had to fork out a ridiculous (expensive) amount of money for a 3-week healthcare plan for my holiday in 2008.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 19:17:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › "Lie of the Year" - Politifact

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.