Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Insider trading...
01/07/14 at 22:33:31

Just watched a Frontline program on hedge-fund insider trading... and the immense corruption in that field...

Millions, 100's of millions, and billions, are lost and gained...
...and the line between legal and illegal is wide, and blurry...

And, the movers and shakers live lives we can't imagine...

Except... we can...
About 6 months or a year ago,... I stopped to help a fellow rider on a new Aprillia... He was broke down on the side of the road, on his $25k, 180mph, butt jewelry... and I on my $1500, 16yr old, Savage...
He, had been in to the dealer, on his third repair, when they apparently pinched a wire, reattaching the seat, and shorted out some essential circuit...  We did get it fixed, and he rode on... (but who had a better day?)...

Anyway,.. I was reminded of that irony, by the Frontline program...
The coincidental irony came near the conclusion of the show,.. when the corrupt traders were apprehended at a Subway sandwich shop...

They make their dirty millions... and drive their 200k cars, to the Subway for lunch...
Grin Grin Grin...
The same Subway I get my 6" Cold cut combo from...
Grin Grin Grin...

... 35,000sqft house... but, you can only occupy one chair or bed at a time....
... 200k car,... but it can only ride the same roads as the rest of us...
... and, Subway for lunch... (it also struck me when OJ described going to Jack-in-the-Box in his Bentley)...

What I'm saying is,... if I close my eyes... I will sleep the same in a 8 x 10 closet, as a 35,000sqft mansion...
...my bike feels the same as a Broughs Superior...
...my car seat is as comfy as a Bentley...
...and toilet paper is toilet paper...
Beyond being cold, sick, or hungry... (metaphorically speaking),...
More is just more... a thousand dollar suit, or jeans and a t-shirt... you're still the same man...

It just made my day, that they were busted in a Subway sandwich shop...
Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Insider trading...
Reply #1 - 01/08/14 at 00:04:47

Not sure if any of you remember this guy....

Jim McMahon of the Chicago bears? well I always tell the guys around here that he was at my party in 2003 (truth is there were several parties in the neighborhood so he could have been at any of them, mine included)
Yup, he was rich and famous and didn't follow directions for getting back to his plush hotel in Destin Florida, he went down the street and turned right instead of left and got caught.
LOL, I tell everyone that he was at my party, truth is I don't remember if he was or not... there were a few Alabama players there, one of my friends sons was on the team at the time, was a great party Smiley

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1658175

Just goes to show ya, we are all the same when we drink.... we get drunk!

Thanks for the post! now I feel really good about being a normal Joe!  Cool

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 01/08/14 at 00:07:15

I love the 500 sq ft cottage I live in with 1 closet and you cant get to the toliet till you close the door

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 01/08/14 at 19:35:57

Hey, Rowboat, I saw that too,, Was cool, them goin down in a sammich shop..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #4 - 01/14/14 at 10:54:50

Serowbot wrote on 01/07/14 at 22:33:31:
Just watched a Frontline program on hedge-fund insider trading... and the immense corruption in that field...

Millions, 100's of millions, and billions, are lost and gained...
...and the line between legal and illegal is wide, and blurry...

The government blew over 1 trillion a year for the last 5 years, the poor are locked in ghetto concentration camps, 85 Billion per month in QE that sits in the vaults of O supporters, Wall Street and Big Pharma are O's biggest donors and benefactors of economic rents, Americans took a 10 billion hit on O's bailout out of Auto Unions, we all paid for Michelle O's extended vacation in Hawaii, the O adminstration is the most corrupt in history.

Throw in the murders of Border agents and diplomats and I think I will award hedge fund managers the high ground in every case. Did Rangle and Geithner and all the others pay those back taxes and penatlies yet? Not holding my breath.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 01/14/14 at 12:36:58

Dang, dude,, you sound a bit cynical,, WHY? Heck, man, you act like the goobs arent trustworthy or something..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #6 - 01/16/14 at 13:25:42

I am not, and will never be wealthy.  But how much income is wealthy?  I don't know.
What I do know is that in my business, I do represent a few people who I consider to be wealthy, by whatever standard I use to define wealth.  One of them dropped dead at age 64 last week, just a few hours after spending 2 1/2 hours on the phone with me, in an absolute rage at his brother, who he thought was cheating him out of millions.

One other guy who is wealthy by most anyone's standards is the nicest guy in the world - humble, polite, considerate of others' time - you just couldn't image a nicer guy to be around or to deal with.  And, honest as the day is long.  He earned his money in manufacturing, after inventing a couple of processes to manufacture a very mundane product at considerable less cost than his competition.

Used wisely, wealth = freedom.  Freedom from real worry - you won't starve or be homeless, you can get the best medical care anywhere, you can have free time to travel and just enjoy life.
Used unwisely like my client who dropped dead last week, wealth can literally kill you.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 01/16/14 at 14:33:04

wealth is not income, it is a commodity that you already have.
some have diamonds between their ears, others... coal, and others only bile.
Those with the least precious between their ears, must mine the sweat from their pores.

That fellow that dropped dead, he wasn't wealthy... he only had money.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 01/16/14 at 19:08:17

Wealth is the difference between raw materials & a product made from them. Clay is nothing, ceramics made from clay are valuable.,harvesting clay, adding labor, selling the product equals an increase in wealth.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 20:55:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Insider trading...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.