Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Present your papers, please (Read 188 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Present your papers, please
01/02/14 at 09:20:54

A now-viral photo showing a long line of Connecticut residents waiting to register their guns and ammo is circulating across the Internet — and it’s sending chills down the backs of some gun owners.

Connecticut gun owners are rushing to register certain firearms and ammunition that will be considered illegal contraband in the new year.

Under a wide-ranging gun control law passed after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, they have until Tuesday to submit the paperwork with the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection.

“Holy crap. Looks like Weimar Germany,” Twitter user @votermom said of the photo.

“Another disgusting picture from Connecticut . . .men waiting in line to register guns with the government,” user @chipwoods commented.

“First, they came for the guns,” @PaulRReyes added.

“Life is too short to live in a state that does this to its residents,” Twitter user @lancemfisher declared.

And there are plenty more comments where that came from.

State police say they’ve had people lining up early in the morning to turn in applications to keep high-capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds and guns considered assault weapons under the new law.

While the Connecticut Citizens Defense League believes the law is unconstitutional, it has been reminding gun owners of the deadline to make sure they don’t become felons on Jan. 1.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/31/looks-like-weimar-germany-the-vira...

--Steve

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: Present your papers, please
Reply #1 - 01/02/14 at 10:02:41

The next time these guys all get together in a line will be against a wall  Sad

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 01/02/14 at 11:06:23

I mailed all my paperwork in.
Sad

--Steve

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 01/02/14 at 12:30:42

Yeah another law where in if DONT do something .. your a felon.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #4 - 01/02/14 at 14:16:23

Whine, whine, whine, is it the sound of another assault weapon massacre???  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink  Or just the boys loosing their deadly toys??

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 01/03/14 at 06:16:13

Not a gun enthusiast are you, Trip?

An "assault weapon" was different from a regular semi-automatic rifle in that it had certain features:
Folding stock, flash suppressor, bayonet lug, grenade launcher, pistol grip, and/or a threaded barrel.

So, this is the criteria for defining an assault weapon.

So if you had a compliant sermi-automatic rifle with a fixed stock, no flash suppressor, no bayonet lug, no grenade launcher, no pistol grip and no threaded barrel last week it has now been upgraded to an "assault weapon" this week.

It does NOT meet the definition of an "assault weapon" and yet it is classified as one.

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 01/03/14 at 08:08:05

Trippah wrote on 01/02/14 at 14:16:23:
Whine, whine, whine, is it the sound of another assault weapon massacre???  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink  Or just the boys loosing their deadly toys??

I see someone's drank the liberal assault weapon Kool-Aid..... Just wondering, what flavor do they serve you guys? Do you put ice in it or drink it straight? I would hope they'd at least include a few Oreos or a bag of chips to go along with it.

Look up political definition of red-herring and insert the words assault weapon.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 01/03/14 at 13:44:28

Paraquat wrote on 01/03/14 at 06:16:13:
Not a gun enthusiast are you, Trip?

An "assault weapon" was different from a regular semi-automatic rifle in that it had certain features:
Folding stock, flash suppressor, bayonet lug, grenade launcher, pistol grip, and/or a threaded barrel.

So, this is the criteria for defining an assault weapon.

So if you had a compliant sermi-automatic rifle with a fixed stock, no flash suppressor, no bayonet lug, no grenade launcher, no pistol grip and no threaded barrel last week it has now been upgraded to an "assault weapon" this week.

It does NOT meet the definition of an "assault weapon" and yet it is classified as one.

--Steve

To me, an "assault weapon" is any weapon you can assault someone with. Wink

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #8 - 01/03/14 at 20:39:29

Actually I enjoy weapons.  In Vietnam, one of my jobs as a Intelligence analyst was to look at captured weapons.  (The best was a sniper rifle from Russia, used in the Battle of Stalingrad according to the carvings on it).  A Green Beanie brought it in, I offered him a jeep and a case of steaks but NO, he wanted HIS trophy. Oh well.  But, given the failure of people to secure their rifles and pistols, I think limiting a weapon to a 10 round mag is sensible.  We have the double the rate of "Gun deaths" of any country and as a father and granddad I am sick of innocents being gunned down just so we can have silly toys.  I think I can still hit what I'm shooting at with 1-2 rounds (once I'm zeroed in) at least with the M-16 and M-60 Machine gun, as well as the M-79 grenade launcher..all of which I was proficient in.  (But I helped kill more of the enemy targeting B-52 strikes).  Anyhow, I enjoy firing weapons but killing people sucks, even when they are on the other side.  Shooting someone breaking into my house, or in retaliation for hurting one of my kids..not a problem.  I'll save the tax payers bundles.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 01/04/14 at 10:09:38

+1 Trip....  If you need more than 5 rounds to protect yourself, or your family, you better just run... (you're probably as likely to shoot one of your own...
Spray n' pray, is no kind of defense...  Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #10 - 01/04/14 at 11:08:32

We could argue all day about what is the best home defense weapon.  Some say a shotgun, especially a pump, due to the distinctive sound you make when you chamber a shell.  Any burglar knows that sound.  But they are difficult to store out of sight, and have one close enough to get to in a real hurry.
We use a double action revolver, a Webley .380, in a night stand.
The chamber under the hammer is empty for the obvious reason.  The next chamber in the cylinder is also empty, to allow for a mistake.  Then I have cartridges in the next 3 chambers.  That gives me, or my wife, who is a better shot than I am, and who, at age 64, still has 20/15 uncorrected vision, 3 blasts at the bad guy.  If he's not down by then, at least had doesn't have a round or two to pump into us.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 01/04/14 at 12:16:58

Trippah wrote on 01/03/14 at 20:39:29:
Actually I enjoy weapons.  In Vietnam, one of my jobs as a Intelligence analyst was to look at captured weapons.  (The best was a sniper rifle from Russia, used in the Battle of Stalingrad according to the carvings on it).  A Green Beanie brought it in, I offered him a jeep and a case of steaks but NO, he wanted HIS trophy. Oh well.  But, given the failure of people to secure their rifles and pistols, I think limiting a weapon to a 10 round mag is sensible.  We have the double the rate of "Gun deaths" of any country and as a father and granddad I am sick of innocents being gunned down just so we can have silly toys.  I think I can still hit what I'm shooting at with 1-2 rounds (once I'm zeroed in) at least with the M-16 and M-60 Machine gun, as well as the M-79 grenade launcher..all of which I was proficient in.  (But I helped kill more of the enemy targeting B-52 strikes).  Anyhow, I enjoy firing weapons but killing people sucks, even when they are on the other side.  Shooting someone breaking into my house, or in retaliation for hurting one of my kids..not a problem.  I'll save the tax payers bundles.

I think you and Sew are missing a bigger point. There are 300 million guns in the US and many of those are "assault" rifles or with minor mods can be turned into one. Because one or two nut jobs a year murder people, that's no reason to take something away from everyone else.
I'm sure more people die from knife attacks but no ones talking about getting rid of those. I want to be able to walk around the woods and empty out a 25 round clip if I want. Just because Adam Lanza went nuts is no reason to take that away. It's not just a saying, guns don't kill, people do.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #12 - 01/05/14 at 19:38:04

We are not missing the point: that is why I called them toys.  I know the thrill of letting go a bucket full of rounds on full auto - or trying to melt the barrel of an M-60.  The excessive distribution of automatic weapons means every year hundreds of people loose someone they love.  

Frankly, I think we should have armories in each community and let people who own automatics go there, pick up their weapons and go to the range or woods, but return them by night time.  Limited ammo and small group a necessity (it's harder to pull off a nutcake assault with a group).((I hope)). Cheesy

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 01/06/14 at 06:14:57

Great idea!

We can keep people healthier by limiting what they eat too.
You only get 2 cheese burgers a week. Veggies the other 5 days.

Next we can cut down on emissions by limiting how many miles you're allowed to drive your car.

We can cut down on electricity generation by mandating black outs.
9pm, lights out!

We can cut down on crime and other nighttime mischief by enforcing a curfew also.

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 01/06/14 at 06:18:30

Frankly, I think we should have armories in each community and let people who own automatics go there, pick up their weapons and go to the range or woods, but return them by night time.  Limited ammo and small group a necessity (it's harder to pull off a nutcake assault with a group).((I hope)).

Do you honestly think anyone who is mentally disturbed, plans out an attack and then walks into a school or workplace and starts shooting people at random is going to check their weapons into and out of an armory at night? Do you think the Columbine killers would have do that because it's the law????? Do you think the nutjob who shot up the theater in Colorado was going to say to himself 'well, I can't commit mass murder because I have to check my gun in after 6pm....darn that stupid law!"....  Do you think the gang bangers (who represent the largest demographic of murders and those murdered) are going to check weapons in and out? 90% of the murders in my town are from one specific area and are caused by one specific group of people and they aren't going to be visiting armorys to get their guns.....

What world do you live in dude? The ONLY people who would do that are the ones that would NEVER murder anyone to begin with.

Guns don't kill, people do.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 03:46:20

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Present your papers, please

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.