Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
wiring diagram (Read 49 times)
Steddy58

Ooops I did it again

Liverpool UK
wiring diagram
01/07/14 at 14:31:04

Hi all, can someone tell me if the safety system posted by Bobbert in the wiring diagram part of the electrical section applies to the 1988 wiring , thanks everyone, hope everybody caught in the big freeze of 2014 are finding nice ways of keeping warm  Wink

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1294779818

1988 sav, mikuni vm36 carb (lancer),high comp piston, racing cam, raptor petcock, self-made exhaust, delkevic silencer (ryca header), K&N air filter, 48,000 miles
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: wiring diagram
Reply #1 - 01/07/14 at 14:44:21

I looked at it quickly....and it appears to be correct.

Why don't you print both the wiring diagram and Bobberts sketch out and compare them in detail.....you will get to know your bike a bit better in doing so.  Then compare the wire colors on your bike and see if things match up - I am not sure all years and all parts of the world got the same wiring harness.

This forum is a great resource and can be a lot of help.  However, when you are stuck on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere you are going to be the one that needs to understand how to fix it.  I learned a great deal about the wiring on my bike when I did the Cafe conversion and rerouted or removed a lot of wiring.....looking at the wiring diagram and following the wires on the bike is a great way to learn what it all does.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Steddy58

Ooops I did it again

Liverpool UK
Re: wiring diagram
Reply #2 - 01/07/14 at 15:10:36

Printing done Dave, but to be honest on my bike there are some wires that are totally different colours to the ones on the wiring diagram I suppose what I'll have to do is see if the different coloured ones are the same colour all the way or they been added to and change to the correct colour somewhere down the line ( if you get what I mean - sometimes its in my head but putting it down in words is difficult  Smiley ). The wiring looks a bit of a dogs dinner at the moment and its all turning into " a project "  Smiley, but with perseverance and the "occasional" bit of aid from the forum we shall overcome  Grin

1988 sav, mikuni vm36 carb (lancer),high comp piston, racing cam, raptor petcock, self-made exhaust, delkevic silencer (ryca header), K&N air filter, 48,000 miles
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:18:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › wiring diagram

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.