Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Present your papers, please (Read 188 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Present your papers, please
Reply #15 - 01/06/14 at 11:57:01

Trippah wrote on 01/05/14 at 19:38:04:
We are not missing the point: that is why I called them toys.  I know the thrill of letting go a bucket full of rounds on full auto - or trying to melt the barrel of an M-60.  The excessive distribution of automatic weapons means every year hundreds of people loose someone they love.

you mean semi-automatic? in most states, automatics are illegal.
Quote:
 Frankly, I think we should have armories in each community and let people who own automatics go there, pick up their weapons and go to the range or woods, but return them by night time.

except for the Co. theater, all were daylight. so how's a night time curfew gonna fix that?
And you'd deny us the right to defend ourselves?  that might work for you, but a 90 year old man just defended himself by pulling out his gun instead of his wallet.  A grandma convinced a break in artist to beat it.  and on and on.
In some respect, I agree with you, that an armory can solve some issues.  It certainly would be nice to have a public locker to secure any weapon not needed on a daily basis.  But 2 weapons were all sandy hook needed.
Quote:
 Limited ammo and small group a necessity (it's harder to pull off a nutcake assault with a group).((I hope)). Cheesy

you do know who pulled off columbine don't you?  a small group.
stupidity is contagious.
limited ammo? what... 6 rounds?  12?  100?  if you're gonna practice, you're gonna practice.  100, wouldn't be unusual.  when I was a collegic archer, that was a good start... daily.

WWW   IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #16 - 01/06/14 at 19:28:54

Ver - did you get to teach archery to that cute young gal playing Katniss Everdeen for the Movies??
"Yes Darling,let me help you - you have to draw your hand back slowly (sound of panting in the background) as you stand so very close behind her. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 01/06/14 at 19:44:28

naw... I'd be arrested for breathing on her.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #18 - 01/07/14 at 01:59:44

WebsterMark wrote on 01/03/14 at 08:08:05:
Trippah wrote on 01/02/14 at 14:16:23:
Whine, whine, whine, is it the sound of another assault weapon massacre???  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink  Or just the boys loosing their deadly toys??

I see someone's drank the liberal assault weapon Kool-Aid..... Just wondering, what flavor do they serve you guys? Do you put ice in it or drink it straight? I would hope they'd at least include a few Oreos or a bag of chips to go along with it.

Look up political definition of red-herring and insert the words assault weapon.

+1 I agree wholeheartedly.

In Italy, up until a few years ago we had "common firearms", "combat firearms" and "combat-compatible" firearms.

The first category was, in theory, any handgun you were legally allowed to own, and all hunting rifles and shotguns.

The second category included any and all full-automatic weapons.

The third category consisted of apparently ordinary common firearms, but which "for their particular offensive capability, or because they were official Army Ordnance", could not be legally owned.

So it was that I legally bought (and still own) a .44 Rem.Mag. Ruger Super Blackhawk, but could not buy a .380 ACP Beretta... Roll Eyes the latter beihng official Army Ordnance... Tongue

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #19 - 01/07/14 at 02:05:44

arteacher wrote on 01/03/14 at 13:44:28:
Paraquat wrote on 01/03/14 at 06:16:13:
Not a gun enthusiast are you, Trip?

An "assault weapon" was different from a regular semi-automatic rifle in that it had certain features:
Folding stock, flash suppressor, bayonet lug, grenade launcher, pistol grip, and/or a threaded barrel.

So, this is the criteria for defining an assault weapon.

So if you had a compliant sermi-automatic rifle with a fixed stock, no flash suppressor, no bayonet lug, no grenade launcher, no pistol grip and no threaded barrel last week it has now been upgraded to an "assault weapon" this week.

It does NOT meet the definition of an "assault weapon" and yet it is classified as one.

--Steve

To me, an "assault weapon" is any weapon you can assault someone with. Wink

Really ?  Cheesy  Grin Grin Grin Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 01/07/14 at 06:08:26

Really.

I don't make the rules.

--Steve

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 01/09/14 at 06:10:13

arteacher wrote on 01/03/14 at 13:44:28:
To me, an "assault weapon" is any weapon you can assault someone with. Wink

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 01/09/14 at 10:10:10

I knew a guy whose uncle was killed with one of these..

He told me when the cops got there the bottom of it was busted almost completely out,.,I wonder if he made an ugly crack about her cookin....

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 01/09/14 at 16:23:07

You cant believe the goobs, history is all thats needed.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/search/gun%20registration%20begins/categor...

Not China, Cuba, not any place you mite think,, but Canada.. Here is a warning.

Now remember, this "registration" isnt for ALL firearms, only the ones they are scared of. No new sales of these guns or mags are allowed, but they Promissed that if the owners will Just fill out the paperwork, they can keep the ones thay have.. OHH, & remember, if you like your gun, you can keep it,, & if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, too..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rix

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 01/15/14 at 09:53:46

"ASSAULT RIFLE"
"ASSAULT WEAPON"
Both of these are BULL5HIT, made-up terms.

If my ar15's are "assault rifles" with a 20 round magazine (or 30 or 100) firing a 55 grain (read: really small) bullet, what about my old relic fn49 firing 20 rounds of 180 grain bullets (read: much bigger) why isn't it an "assault rifle"? because it doesn't have a pistol grip?
An sks with a pistol grip suddenly becomes an "assault rifle"?
No? yes? Do I put a fiddly 20 or 30 round detachable magazine on it (instead of the faster-to-reload 10 round integral factory magazine) to make it an "assault rifle"?

Assault weapon. Give me a break. Fear mongering, and anti-gun people's jargon and rhetoric. THAT'S where "assault weapon" came from.

5 rounds is enough? Try again. Read how many shots MISS when fired under stress.

I've been doing a TON of research the last couple years, and the truth behind the numbers REALLY makes people re-think hat they thought they knew when showed to them.

"excessive distribution of automatic weapons"??

Uh.... NO. Automatics are HIGHLY regulated, and the number of crimes committed with them in the last 50 years can be counted on one hand.
And most of those were illegally modified or obtained. Legal automatics used in crimes is IIRC 2.
In the early 90s.

This thread is chock full of BS in the WORLD of facts, gents.

2013 BOULEVARD S40/LS650 ALL STOCK
1982 HONDA MB5 WITH MODS
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 01/15/14 at 11:13:13

Rix wrote on 01/15/14 at 09:53:46:
Legal automatics used in crimes is IIRC 2.
In the early 90s.

You are correct. A statistic I've posted here before.

--Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/08/24 at 02:14:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Present your papers, please

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.