Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aftermarket fuel cap (Read 67 times)
sesamestreet

Mississauga
Aftermarket fuel cap
01/02/14 at 07:00:19

Hey, mine is working fine but i was interested in getting something with a bit more "flavour" after having bobbed and painted my bike. What will fit?! I've been looking around and can find nothing. I don't care if it has a key or not either.

If all else fails, maybe covering the keyhole and painting the thing might be better, or even taking the thing apart.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Aftermarket fuel cap
Reply #1 - 01/02/14 at 10:11:22

I have been around this forum for a while, and I have not seen any alternative to the stock cap.  One member has welded in a new filler neck and used a different cap - but other than that we have all been using the stock cap.  Every nowt and then we get a question about the leakiy gasket and fuel running down the tank after a fill up - and unfortunately the rubber gasket is not available from Suzuki and we have to explore ways to get a gasket that will work.

If you want to cut out the old filler neck and install a new one - that is possible.  You can also weld a metal panel on the bottom and top of the speedometer cut out, and you could also weld up the old filler neck and put a new one in the center......that would be a new twist and it would get you another quart or two of fuel capacity!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
sesamestreet

Mississauga
Reply #2 - 01/02/14 at 11:39:30

not really worth the effort. i'll probably take it apart and paint it.

IP Logged
SSG
YaBB Newbies

Keep Calm and Chive
On!!!

Ft. Bragg
Reply #3 - 01/02/14 at 11:55:36

I have thought about doing something new with the fuel cap but have not gotten that far yet. Please share what you do come up with.

96 bobber, raptor petcock, cone filter, 14k miles,
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:20:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Aftermarket fuel cap

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.