Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what's this thing worth parted out? (Read 143 times)
dirty dog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portsmouth Ohio
what's this thing worth parted out?
12/21/13 at 05:10:16

I have a hard tailed 87  carb jetted (thanks gos to lancer for the jets)
new speedo runs very good new chain and sprockets (about 100 miles on them)custom exhaust new seat ext... my problem I lost the title
(I know I'm a dumb ass) can't find it any where can't find p/o to get a copy.( i was waiting to get it running be for I got the title changed over
I got this bike in a box and did not know any thing about it. built the frame  to see what it would look like done.i checked the cam chain
and installed the eng. and it started right up no smoke no noise it's all good wront I lost the title I had it after it was done and after riding it I went to get the title in my name and puff it gone)so I may part it out
just wanted to know what it may be worth. Embarrassed :'( Sad

IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Re: what's this thing worth parted out?
Reply #1 - 12/21/13 at 06:13:56

Surely your state has a procedure to obtain a title. It might take a while. It would be a shame to dismantle a nice-looking bike.

Now a public service announcement:

My procedure is to always get title work completed ASAP. You never know what might happen in the future. Don't just have the PO sign the title, give it to you and then just sit on it. You don't own the vehicle. The PO could submit a request for a duplicate title and he would be the owner again.  If it is going to be a while before you put the vehicle on the road, get a proper off-road title.

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #2 - 12/21/13 at 06:46:50

Here, in SC, you can go to DMV and get title only.  You don't have to license, get insurance and all that.  

That way it's in your name without much expense and helps prevent problems like this.  

From what I've been told here by DMV personnel, you're SOL if you lose the title before getting it changed over unless you can get the PO to get a duplicate and sign it over again.

There is, I have heard, some way to get a magistrate's title by going to a judge and explaining the situation and hoping he/she agrees with you that you should get the title.  They will issue some paperwork that you take to DMV. Nobody at DMV has ever mentioned this when I have asked them what to do about a vehicle where the title has been lost.

You can't get a title in this state unless you have a valid driver's license.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 12/21/13 at 09:00:37

Looks like the most valuable part is the frame...(which is the part that needs a title)...
25 year old parts for a bike still in production, ain't worth much...

I'd keep looking... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #4 - 12/21/13 at 10:53:53

Here in AZ we can get a bonded title for about 100.00 at DMV. Check that out. I've had several vehicles without real titles here.

IP Logged
dirty dog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portsmouth Ohio
Reply #5 - 12/21/13 at 11:09:57

Ya I fed up but here in ohio you have to pay tax on it at title time
I didn't want to pay tax on it till I know it would run ok, also here you have to have a cort order to get a title that wasn't in your name
and then has to have a state inspection and prove where the parts came from and the get a rebuilt title ohio title laws suck bad, :'(

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #6 - 12/21/13 at 13:48:53

Yeah, that's about the same procedure here. It's not all that bad, they just run the VIN to see if it comes up as a stolen vehicle and you pass a safety inspection at MVD to make sure brake lights/lights etc. work. You get a bond from a bonding insurance company for a few bucks and they issue a salvage/rebuilt title.  It sounds worse than it is. I've done it 3-4 times with cars.  That's a nice bike, depending on what you paid for it, it would be worth a hundred bucks and an afternoon at DMV to get a title to me.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #7 - 12/22/13 at 08:13:30

Yea most stated offer Bonded title options, they aren't too expensive but can take a while to get and sometimes have a lot of red tape to cut through, you can also check out title service companies like  MotoRecycle.

http://www.motorecyclenow.com/title-service.html

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 12/23/13 at 00:39:48

In 75, when I was in the Air Farce, our Captain got in a bind. He was from New York, we were stationed in Louise E. Anna. New York didnt require a title to license. Louise Did. He, being a genius, had thrown his title away.
BTW, he was so stupid, he couldnt count to two. WE were playing racquet ball, he hit a forehand that came back to his left. He was moving over toward the ball & I needed to get in to lay a backhand on it, he kept coming, but I figured he would back off before he got completely in the way. I ran in & delivered the back hand, the follow thru stopping on his front teeth,,He was a big dude & my immediate attention was focused not on his spitting teeth into his hand, but on that Itty Bitt door that opened IN, always hard to get hold of & slow to open, all the while wondering if this big doofus was gonna go ape on me,, Nope, he didnt, he went to the dentist & got the busted off teeth ground to points & waited a coupla weeks for the "teeth" to come in.. I pretty much dodged him for a while,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 12/23/13 at 07:31:18

Quote:
Dirty Dog wrote: Quote:
Ya I fed up but here in ohio you have to pay tax on it at title time
I didn't want to pay tax on it till I know it would run ok, also here you have to have a cort order to get a title that wasn't in your name
and then has to have a state inspection and prove where the parts came from and the get a rebuilt title ohio title laws suck bad, :'(

It's not that difficult Dirty Dog,  you have confused two different procedures and combined them together.  In Ohio the county BMV office and personnel work under the county judge.  If you can convince the judge you lawfully own the vehicle and he issues a court order for a title then that order supersedes everything else.  You pick up the court order from the Clerk of Courts Office, hand it to the county BMV people and they give you a title. Done.  

The build title is completely different.  If you have built a bike out of various components you must submit receipts etc. showing that you bought the various pieces and then schedule an inspection.  They will look for operating headlight, turn signals, at least one brake, a seat, etc.  If you pass you are issued a title.

To get a court ordered title you first talk to one of the ladies at the Clerk of Courts office.  They will talk to you about what you have and don't have and will tell you exactly what you should do.  Follow what they say carefully and very politely submit the documents they want and they present it to the judge and he or she almost always follows the clerk's recommendation.  They do it often to assist people trying to settle estates or people who are bringing in vehicles from states like NY which have different laws concerning titles.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
dirty dog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portsmouth Ohio
Reply #10 - 12/24/13 at 13:46:17

I was going off of what the title clerk told me about the cort order and the inspection ( dumb ass clerks down here don't know there ass from
a hole in the ground) THANKS for the info

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 04:15:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › what's this thing worth parted out?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.