Send Topic Print
Heres the report (Read 109 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Heres the report
12/07/13 at 11:20:50

You decide. Of course, IMO, anything less than outrage is the wrong response. But, at least for me, Its hard to really get too charged up over something that simply confirms what Ive long believed. Ohh,, Im ticked, allrite,, just not nearly so ticked as I would be had I been bouncing along simply believing they were behaving in a law abiding manner & NOT trampling our rights.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/12/05/5-billion-records-day-judge-nap-takes-ns...

The article does a lot, but the Judge is always worth a listen..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Heres the report
Reply #1 - 12/07/13 at 14:37:34

Ya know, I just gotta snicker when folks say.... oh crap! they are spying on me!
They collect 5 BILLION a day, you are a pizz in the bucket, you think they can make sense out of 5 BILLION calls? there is no way in heck they can physically go through that many calls, a few hundred thousand with the help of computers filtering words.
But there is not enough man/woman power to have ears on the conversations to report your comment to bucky about how you don't like the president or a certain candidate for president or congress or the house or what ever.

I am a realist.... they don't give a whoot a out little old me, cause I don't pose a threat.... and i'm smart enough anyway that if I were a anti-government type, I would not put it on the net or talk about it on the phone.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 12/07/13 at 14:46:46

Why would anyone be surprised?  Just put you hat over your phone.  If you don't have one you may want to listen to JOG more.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 12/07/13 at 15:14:08

old, review the video again... or did you?

they are talking about tracking your location.
5 billion records for perhaps 200,000 cellphones... or did he say million?

You're probably not very interesting for them to follow but perhaps a person on interest goes close enough to you that they start following you just cause.  maybe you don't want the world to know where you've been for the last couple hours, but because of this, they know.  And next week you're the new star on cheaters.

would you be a little pissed then?

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 12/07/13 at 20:03:17

Out of 5 BILLION? they pinpoint ONE person? what are the odds in that? let me guess 1 in 5 billion...... ok we'll narrow it down a bit farther than that. A building with 2,000 super computers searching 500,000 calls a day filtering 300 words per minute, 24 hours a day.....and they can maybe get i'll give it a high side number 800 folks saying words like president, overthrow, kill, secrets ect,,,, ect.... i'm thinking yeah that's 800 a day filtered by computers.... now 800 employees have to listen to those calls to see if they actually threaten our national security or folks in high places.
And out of those 800 they actually filter, what are the odds that they get that 1 in 5 billion? about 1 in 20 billion. Because in a daily call check, not all those folks are going to be calling their anti gov buddies every day planning to take over the world.
I'm not too worried... I don't think you should be either.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 12/07/13 at 20:39:17

you sir have a closed mind.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 12/07/13 at 21:52:04

I'm all for anything that kills cell phones...

Vile instruments... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 12/07/13 at 23:26:49

If they have computer power to GRAB those calls, they can seperate them. If they couldnt use the data, they wouldnt capture it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 12/08/13 at 12:12:33

It is just a sweep anyway..... satellite sweep of signals and look for signal assigned to chip O)U))UO45-49, if your phone happens to be in the area, it will pick up your chip, but won't lock onto it, cause it is not the one they are looking for anyway.

Ok...so they could be looking for burner (unregistered/cheated) phones that a bad guy might have purchased and your phone might be in the area.... then, and only then, they are going to "listen" to your phone to see if you are spouting anything viable for them to pay attention too.
Thus my comment about how many it narrows down to, not that many and really too many to manually listen in on.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 12/08/13 at 16:27:00

& I say theyve got the computing power to "sweep", as you say, & collect the conversations & put each into a file with the phone number & name of owner, then sending every conversation thru a processor looking for key words,IF,, see that IF?  If certain words are detected by Carnivore
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivore_%28FBI%29) or its successor, THEN An actual person listens to it to see if its something they need to address..
Surely youre aware of the huge installation in Utah..

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 12/09/13 at 06:06:28

From what I've understood so far is they are gathering information but don't have a way to create a searchable database yet.
They can still harvest information, even if unuseable for now, and hope they find a way to digitize and search through it all.

--Steve

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #11 - 12/09/13 at 07:21:50

Let's see what steady Eddie comes out with?

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #12 - 12/09/13 at 08:35:23

True about the storing, that's why they are doing it...in HOPES of being able to dis-assemble all the info and sort it according to security threat.
I'm sure the math whiz's are attempting to write some kind of algorithm to tear apart conversations that are threatening..... and I dread the day that happens, as if just grabbing all the info was crazy, just think about when they can get it from your phone.....hehe.... pull the list of numbers off your phone and find out who you talk to and what you say... wow... what a concept.

Picture the overall "spam" signal search like an infared scan from a satellite overhead, it can detect all those heat signatures, but cannot narrow down which one is you, unless it has been fed your heat signature output. So unless my signal matches yours it won't even look at mine, just store it because i'm in the area.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 12/09/13 at 10:04:15

Look at Utah. Look at the computing power there.
Think for a moment how simple the process is. Its not complicated, its just BIG. The software to link a transmission to a phone number? Thats nothing,, The phone company does it. How else can they generate a detailed bill? THEY know who you called & when & how long the call was.
Theyre admitting to grabbing the conversations & saying they cant do anything with it & I am supposed to believe it? This is ancient,

Carnivore, later renamed DCS1000, was a system implemented by the Federal Bureau of Investigation that was designed to monitor email and electronic communications. It used a customizable packet sniffer that can monitor all of a target user's Internet traffic. Carnivore was implemented in October 1997. By 2005 it had been replaced with improved commercial software such as NarusInsight.[1]
& Now its no better?
Look at Utah.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #14 - 12/10/13 at 00:15:59

Ok, we agree that the software is there, what we don't agree on is the "depth" as to which the software can define the conversations taking place and placing them into a security threat category.

I am saying the software cannot define to a certain degree that joe redneck is serious about a government overthrow, vrs joe geek saying that a government overthrow would be cool.

The software cannot determine the difference... thus a human ear has to hear it, and the space between those ears has to be intelligent enough to pass on the viable threat to his superiors, who then would say "ok, lets go to joe rednecks house and stop the threat".

Those spaces between the ears would number in the 10's of thousands, and we do not have the manpower yet to be trusted with listening  in on YOUR conversation.

Now, is my mind so closed as to not realize there is software out there that can scan 1 billion conversations? No.. there is... 5 billion conversations? No... there is.... can it determine if the conversation is psychologically threatening? NO it cannot.... it takes a human ear and common sense to tell that... and if you believe other wise... you, have a closed mind.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/30/24 at 22:34:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Heres the report

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.