Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Registration leads to confiscation. (Read 179 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Registration leads to confiscation.
Reply #15 - 12/12/13 at 11:51:45

Again, the owner isnt responsible for the idiocy of an adult, Anyone over the age of 12 has seen enough people"killed" by guns on TV to know that aiming one at someone & pulling the trigger is likely to kill someone. Responsibility belongs to the one pulling the trigger, not the homeowner
When a gun owner has visitors that arent aged 16 or older, best to put them away, yes. Parents need to teach kids NOT to mess with guns & respect the possessions of others & NOT mess with them w/o permission. Surely you agree,, so, lets charge the shooters parents.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 12/12/13 at 14:36:09

Florida actually did something right in my eyes: The 10-20-Life law.

Quote:
The law's name comes from three main mandatory sentences: 1) producing a firearm during the commission of certain felonies mandates at least a 10-year prison sentence; 2) firing one mandates at least a 20-year prison sentence; and 3) shooting someone mandates a minimum sentence of 25 years to life regardless of whether a victim is killed or simply injured. The maximum penalty is a life sentence unless the defendant is charged with felony murder or first degree murder in which case the maximum is the death penalty.[2][6]

In addition to the "10-20-Life" rule itself, the law also established or increased other mandatory minimum sentences:[2]

--Steve

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #17 - 12/14/13 at 01:52:44

Yeah, the owner, if they have children, should lock the weapons away when they are not at home.
However, a 16+ child should know how to use one properly in case mom and dad are not at home to defend the family.

Now if mom and dad don't fire the weapon... how can you blame them?

I loaned a weapon to a friend for target practice.... him and a few buddies went out in the desert to shoot up some cans, I had loaned it to him several times no problem.
However, the last time I loaned it to him, him and his buddies went to the same spot, took the "new guy" and decided to drink and throw cans up in the air to shoot like the cowboys did... well, when they were way toasted, the "new guy" was sent out to set up the cans and while he was bent over setting them on the bank, ol' drunk joe said "lets scare him" and shot the can to the left of the "new guy"... well he attempted to shot the can, what actually happened was he shot the "new guy" in the azz and the bullet went up through his body and exited out his shoulder near his neck, killed him dead, just like that.
Now according to you, I should have spent 5-10 years in jail for letting my buddy use my gun?
Oh, my buddy was passed out in the back of the pickup, one of the other drunks shot the "new guy".
So should we have all gone to jail? I didn't know they were going to drink, didn't do it the first couple of times.....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 12/14/13 at 10:28:05

Thats a screwed up story.
IMO, the idiot who pulled the trigger is the only bad guy,
If you loaned your car to a guy & he went partying, got drunk, passed out in the back seat & someone got the keys & took off & crashed & killed someone,, who is the bad guy?
Now its not a gun,, is it easier to see who should go to jail?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 12/16/13 at 06:18:44

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/teens-busted-letting-conn-girl-drive...

Tell me, JOG, what's wrong with that picture?
Two teens are charged with "letting her" drive drunk.

The teens " 'allowed her to operate the vehicle,' Kennedy said."

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 12/16/13 at 07:28:46

Huhh? Whose car was it? You really expect a coupla GUYS to tell some good lookin gal she is NOT gonna drive her car? IDK the situation, but just because someone THINKS those guys should have known to Not let her drive, does that mean they are correct? Ive tried to stop people from driving, & I have some experience in just how successfully that is done. The only way to stop someone from driving is get their keys before they even get drunk,.I took everyones keys at a new years party. Sent everyone home in cabs. & Buddy, they Needed the cab.
Now, are these guys really at fault for anything? IDK, I wasnt there.
Were they friends of the girl? Had they been together that day, hanging out? Did they see her drink & drink & drink & then head for the car? Did they tell her no & then she went? Do the cops think they should have tackled her & held her down?  Or did they say nothing?
Is it illegal to know someone is about to do something stupid & illegal & not try to stop them? IDK, but I would give it a shot, Id TRY to stop someone from driving drunk,.but I wouldnt tackle them. If I thot they were so messed up as to be a danger to themselves/others, I mite just call the law. Id rather see someone in jail than in a wreck & then jail.
Tho, God only knows how many times I drove home so tanked up I woulda gone to jail had I been caught. I was in Odessa, back in the days when a cop would look a guy over & decide if he could make it home or not,,Ive had cops tell me to go home & stay home, be seen on the street again & go to jail. Now, its jail if youve had 2 lousy beers.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 12/16/13 at 11:19:25

There are so many ads on the side of the page, and in the middle of the page, you'd have to follow that link for the story.
I haven't the time to copy and paste the meat and potatoes during my break at work.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 12/17/13 at 08:39:51

Arrite.. Im not interested enough to go thru it all either.. my Outrage Cup is pretty full right now anyway.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 02:19:43

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Registration leads to confiscation.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.