Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Registration leads to confiscation. (Read 179 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Registration leads to confiscation.
11/28/13 at 21:00:10

New York’s SAFE Act is a bad, bad thing. It requires people to register, sell or transfer (out of state) “assault rifles” and “high capacity” magazines. Many Empire State gun and standard capacity ammunition magazine owners have complied. Many have not. So, at some point, the State’s gonna go get ‘em. People on both sides of the law enforcement divide will die and the s will hit the fan. Meanwhile, there it is: the reason why expanded background checks, indeed all background checks and any type of registration, set the stage for confiscation. And tyranny. [ED: This notice was sent for New York City residents, based on New York City laws, not necessarily SAFE Act provisions.] [h/t DrVino]

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/11/robert-farago/begins-new-york-sendin...

--Steve

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Registration leads to confiscation.
Reply #1 - 12/02/13 at 06:05:11

No comments?
Really?
None of you people who said "They won't confiscate anything" care to chime in?

--Steve

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #2 - 12/02/13 at 14:32:30

Paraquat wrote on 12/02/13 at 06:05:11:
No comments?
Really?
None of you people who said "They won't confiscate anything" care to chime in?

--Steve

Maybe we don't want them to know that we have anything, they are always listening in. If I did own anythiing I would never register it as that is infringment. They would kill me anyway but that just shows how evil they are.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #3 - 12/03/13 at 06:31:40

well i guess thats just another reason i will never go to new york. well i might go there someday. seems like it will be a target rich enviroment.

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 12/03/13 at 06:56:30

Quote:
No comments?
Really?

Well, I didn't comment because I think the title of the thread pretty much says all that there is to say. The ONLY reason for registration of firearms is to facilitate eventual confiscation. You will of course hear all sorts of other supposed reasons, but they are all hogwash.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/03/13 at 08:31:48

If I got that, I think i'd send it back with Fxxx You written on it....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 12/03/13 at 09:15:04

So that's where my cars keep going...  Huh...

Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 12/04/13 at 13:52:59

Yea, Rowboat,, conflate cars & guns.. How do cars, which allow us to go to work & participate in the "economy" ( such as it is) & keep the $$$ rolling in to the criminals who own the whole game, to guns which allow us to defend ourselves against criminals, both masked ( the muggers) & unmasked( the goobs) threaten the power of the goobs? Look at history. Look at the tyrants who have taken the guns. ( Mao, Hitler, Castro, etc.)Look at how they started down that road. There arent any blinders sufficiently opaque to make difficult seeing what registration is for .

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #8 - 12/10/13 at 16:29:34

So, all you gun owners, what do you think would be an appropriate punishment??  This relates to the death of Aubrey Peters.

Frankly 20 years isn't enough in my opinion.  If we don't hold ourselves responsible for how our guns are used, we shouldn't have them.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #9 - 12/10/13 at 16:40:16

Are you saying for the friend who shot her or the parents who didn't lock the guns away?
The boy is to be considered an adult after 16, so should be charged as an adult. And its involuntary manslaughter as he didn't mean to kill her, just that he was obviously not schooled in gun handling very well.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #10 - 12/10/13 at 18:07:40

Trippah wrote on 12/10/13 at 16:29:34:
So, all you gun owners, what do you think would be an appropriate punishment??  This relates to the death of Aubrey Peters.

Frankly 20 years isn't enough in my opinion.  If we don't hold ourselves responsible for how our guns are used, we shouldn't have them.

I will state that without any doubt,each situation MUST BE JUDGED INDIVIDUALLY! You can not cast a wide net without violating the rights of innocent citizens. At that point you cease to live in a free nation. No one person's tragedy is worth the loss of rights of everyone else! Period!!!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 12/11/13 at 09:23:56

Why do people want to punish people who Did NOT pull a trigger? Okay, I leave a knife on the kitchen counter, someone comes over to visit, gets mad, & plunges the knife in my kids heart.. Punish me for leaving it out?

People want to punish society when a guy goes wacko with a gun, lets change the rules for EVERY body,, instead of taking the bad guy & hanging him in public. THAT would help society.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #12 - 12/11/13 at 16:37:01

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/11/13 at 09:23:56:
Why do people want to punish people who Did NOT pull a trigger? Okay, I leave a knife on the kitchen counter, someone comes over to visit, gets mad, & plunges the knife in my kids heart.. Punish me for leaving it out?

People want to punish society when a guy goes wacko with a gun, lets change the rules for EVERY body,, instead of taking the bad guy & hanging him in public. THAT would help society.

+1

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #13 - 12/12/13 at 11:36:21

well I was thinking of the young fool that pointed a pistol at someone and pulled the trigger, he should get 20 years for killing an innocent friend.  It will keep him out of the gene pool.  As for the person who owns the pistol, a good 5-10 for not having it locked and secured unless fool 1 went around the security, unlocking the gun vault, removing the trigger guard.  
Like most of you, I do not like registration of guns (because I don't really trust the government) but I hate stupid even more.  I do think restricting the ownership of semi and auto weapons is reasonable as they are weapons for killing people, straight and simple.  I'm not against killing people, Vietnam cured that bias, but there has to be a good reason (like they were VP with Pres Bush.) Wink

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #14 - 12/12/13 at 11:40:02

The reason we don't go after the owner of a knife is that knives (usually) are used for food prep.  Pistols and the like are for killing people (that is why they are made) so the owner should be more aware of what the pistol might be used for. (and yes, I know they thankfully are usually used for target practice etc - so few of us own weapons so we can go about killing other humans each and every day. Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 02:19:41

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Registration leads to confiscation.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.