Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I don't like the indicators (Read 259 times)
savagebob

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

I don't like the indicators
11/15/13 at 01:16:37

Maybe I'm just not used to them, all the bikes I've ridden have push button return indicators. With the savage I find it hard to tell when I've returned it and often end up with the opposite side going. Has anyone ever put a different indicator block on?

IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Re: I don't like the indicators
Reply #1 - 11/15/13 at 06:04:32

Do you know that pushing the turn indicator button IN well cancel the signal and return the button to the center (off) position?  It makes operating the turn signals so much easier.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 11/15/13 at 07:04:30

my '96 had push button return, so find a control for a later year.

WWW   IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #3 - 11/15/13 at 07:06:53

I believe '95 and older don't have the push return.

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #4 - 11/15/13 at 12:11:56

my 2005 had it

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Reply #5 - 11/15/13 at 13:40:17

I didn't realize that the older Savages didn't have a push-return turn signal control.  I hope I didn't come off as condescending to anyone.

IP Logged
savagebob

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/15/13 at 15:41:33

Mine is an '88 model doesn't have push return.. can anyone confirm which years have that so I can try and find a replacement?

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #7 - 11/15/13 at 18:38:58

savagebob wrote on 11/15/13 at 15:41:33:
Mine is an '88 model doesn't have push return.. can anyone confirm which years have that so I can try and find a replacement?

1996 and up for sure will get you the "push to cancel" feature.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #8 - 11/16/13 at 16:10:36

And I have a '95 which does not have push to return, so...  Wink

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
SkyHigh
YaBB Newbies

Get your kicks on
Route 66...

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #9 - 11/16/13 at 23:30:25

The turn signals on my 2011 Boulevard S40 are reset by pressing the center button on the turn signal switch.

Also, on another note, I used to try to quickly reset the turn signal after making a turn, before shifting into the next higher gear coming out of the turn.  This is clumsy and possibly dangerous because the driver behind you is rightly expecting your bike to be picking up speed as it leaves the turn.  What I do now coming out of turn is accelerate smoothly and shift into the next higher gear first before resetting the turn signal.  The extra couple of seconds that the turn signal is on while you're shifting is not an embarrassment at all and actually keeps the attention of the car behind you as he also negotiates the turn.

Stock 2011 S40 - Pearl Mirage White / Metallic Veil Silver
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #10 - 11/17/13 at 15:59:12

SkyHigh wrote on 11/16/13 at 23:30:25:
The turn signals on my 2011 Boulevard S40 are reset by pressing the center button on the turn signal switch.

Also, on another note, I used to try to quickly reset the turn signal after making a turn, before shifting into the next higher gear coming out of the turn.  This is clumsy and possibly dangerous because the driver behind you is rightly expecting your bike to be picking up speed as it leaves the turn.  What I do now coming out of turn is accelerate smoothly and shift into the next higher gear first before resetting the turn signal.  The extra couple of seconds that the turn signal is on while you're shifting is not an embarrassment at all and actually keeps the attention of the car behind you as he also negotiates the turn.

Good call Sky! I've been doing the same thing since my first scooter with signals. Works really well on the highways,where traffic coming up behind you may think you're already up to highway speed!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
SkyHigh
YaBB Newbies

Get your kicks on
Route 66...

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #11 - 11/18/13 at 00:34:40

ZAR wrote on 11/17/13 at 15:59:12:
SkyHigh wrote on 11/16/13 at 23:30:25:

Good call Sky! I've been doing the same thing since my first scooter with signals. Works really well on the highways,where traffic coming up behind you may think you're already up to highway speed!

Thanks, ZAR!  I'm glad I mentioned that technique because I think it'll save a lot of accidents.   Smiley

Stock 2011 S40 - Pearl Mirage White / Metallic Veil Silver
  IP Logged
savagebob

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 11/18/13 at 16:59:44

Ok FYI I'm not looking for one if anyone has a spare:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1384811018

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #13 - 11/18/13 at 23:00:03

I am curiouso' on the switch box myself (if I happen to buy an older model without the push button), has anyone tried or actually done the switch box change out to a newer one?

Is it just a simple push button spring to bring it back to center?

Could you rig a three position switch to do the same thing?

Could you simply pull the assembly apart and replace it with just the button/switch assy.?

Can anyone take a picture of the internal workings of both switches so we can see what the difference really is?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
savagebob

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 02/12/14 at 12:36:09

Not sure about that.

I have got a 2007 switch blog with the push button return and a pass button.

At first it looked like a direct swap with the loom, but last night I realised the big yellow plug is different. On my '88 there is a 3x3 pin square yellow plug, with two separate wires. On the 2007 it looks like these 2 separate wires have been incorporated into a larger, 2 row multi pin plug.

I'm going to probably have to cut off the newer plug and splice the wires into the old loom.  Undecided

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/04/24 at 01:43:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I don't like the indicators

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.