Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Puke tubes (Read 97 times)
Jsud04

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Puke tubes
11/06/13 at 05:38:47

Anyone have a detailed explanation for the pukes tubes and their routing? I have an 86 and the only oil leak I have is a weep near the neutral sensor... But after 500 miles I needed to add oil. And it is defiantly not burning. Also any solutions for the sensor leak... Pack it with form o gasket when I put in my new cam chain tensioner?

1986 red, raptor petcock, cham chain tensioner mod,carb plug pulled. DIY highway pegs, DIY ammo can storage...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Puke tubes
Reply #1 - 11/06/13 at 06:07:51

I don't know what you are calling Puke Tubes?

The engine oil breather is the only vent from the engine, and it goes from the head to the Air cleaner under the frame top tube.  It needs to be routed without and sags where oil could collect.

The neutral sensor should be cleaned, and silicone gasket maker can be placed on the back side when it is installed, the front should not have any sealer and butt up against the new gasket (you could put a small amount of sealer on the front if you want to be sure).  You might also place some sealer on the wire just to be sure that it seals....your rubber plug may be getting old and brittle after 27 years.

If you run your bike on the interstate at 70mph plus.....you will use oil...not sure if it goes past the rings or out the breather - but it is a kown fact on this forum.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Jsud04

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/06/13 at 06:24:19

10-4 good buddy. That's exactly what I was looking for. I love the bike but it's got a lot of nuances about it. The neutral sensor is annoying but not a threat.

1986 red, raptor petcock, cham chain tensioner mod,carb plug pulled. DIY highway pegs, DIY ammo can storage...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 11/06/13 at 15:32:11

Yep,, everybody kows it.. If youre going far & fast, carry some oil. Check it often. I noticed my oil use go up as the oil approached 1,500 to 2,000 miles.
Keep an eye on it in a paranoid way for a few thousand miles & youll learn how it acts after an oil change & at speed & around town & youll learn when you really need to pay attention to it,,Id much rather check it & not need it than not check it & need it.,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 11/06/13 at 17:26:38

Everybody kNows it..........

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 11/07/13 at 08:35:32

Dave wrote on 11/06/13 at 06:07:51:
I don't know what you are calling Puke Tubes?

The engine oil breather is the only vent from the engine, and it goes from the head to the Air cleaner under the frame top tube.  It needs to be routed without and sags where oil could collect.

The neutral sensor should be cleaned, and silicone gasket maker can be placed on the back side when it is installed, the front should not have any sealer and butt up against the new gasket (you could put a small amount of sealer on the front if you want to be sure).  You might also place some sealer on the wire just to be sure that it seals....your rubber plug may be getting old and brittle after 27 years.

If you run your bike on the interstate at 70mph plus.....you will use oil...not sure if it goes past the rings or out the breather - but it is a kown fact on this forum.  

.not sure if it goes past the rings or out the breather - but it is a kown fact on this forum

Yes Dave  Smiley!  Dude,, I was giggin ya! You know I never miss an opportunity to elbow a guy in the ribs.. Doubt me? Get Rowboat to lift his shirt,,Im forever harassin the dude..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 11/07/13 at 08:46:48

JOG....No Sweat....just figured you would want some kind of a response!

My eyes are starting to wear out a bit.....and the text on the computer screen just seems to be getting smaller and more blurry each day.  I went and got an eye exam and a new prescription a couple of weeks ago....and I just haven't gone for the upgrade yet.  If I miss a letter or have something doubled up......that is probably the reason.  

A year ago I wasn't wearing glasses for anything but really close work that required depth perception......now I wear them all day at my desk.  I hope I am just looking smarter as a result!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:29:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Puke tubes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.