Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For Oldfella - computing fun (Read 29 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
For Oldfella - computing fun
11/04/13 at 06:47:41

So yet again my laptop has died. I have spent so much to keep this dern this dern thing alive. The dead part this time (as last) was the SSD.  I just keep reformating hoping the bad sectors get marked that way and use whats left. ( its only a 32GB drive).  But I have given up... there is now NO HDD or SSD in my laptop. It now runs Puppy linux from the 8 GB SD chip from the old camera. Yes, the entire OS is on there and boots from there, it thinks its a USB thumb drive, and does just fine.

My new HTC one Mini is NO replacement for the laptop, nice as it is.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: For Oldfella - computing fun
Reply #1 - 11/04/13 at 07:50:39

My oldest laptop now sits on the hearth next to the big TV -- it's sole purpose in life now is to manually stream NCIS once a week from CBS.com as my wife will have her NCIS fix each week.

Why?   CBS stubbornly won't let Roku supply NCIS as a streaming service and CBS.com stupidly chooses web softwares that will only work well with MS products.  

(or, you could say they are Android adverse if you prefer).

================

And, after the next 2 years, MS products will not be the worldwide standard for anything unless they pull their thumbs out of their arses and support Android devices properly very very soon.

Study Blackberry a bit, MS.    They owned it all, then they became both NON-competitive and NON-cooperative.   Just recently their 4.7 billion dollar buy out to go private folded up totally and was "replaced" with an offer of one billion dollars as a conditional buy out (i.e. buying the existing intellectual property rights).    

Their CEO just got fired by the investors also (way too too late).

Blackberry is all done now but the funeral.

MS, if you go down the Blackberry path you too can become irrelevant and then non-existent.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 09:29:10

General CategoryThe Cafe › For Oldfella - computing fun

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.