Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dyna muffler (Read 67 times)
sesamestreet

Mississauga
Dyna muffler
11/03/13 at 05:18:32

So the previous owner had this muffler on, everything seemed ok. Except for backfiring issues. I started getting carb troubles since owning the bike so I got it rejetted by a shop using the dynojet kit, the backfiring lessened but the shop tech said I had an exhaust leak at the muffler-header joint. I decided to take it off, paint it, and reinstall it snug against the header pipe using permatex exhaust gasket. The only problem is, the muffler wouldn't slide on all the way because the inside lip is puffed out and blocks the header from fully penetrating the muffler.

So I thought it had to be that way, so I clamped the thing back on tight and rode it for a while. Eventually though I did notice the muffler slipping further ever so slightly. Any ideas on what can fix this? I bought a new clamp because the old one was tough to tighten because of age, but before I try to reseal/clamp I was wondering if anyone here had any tips

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Re: Dyna muffler
Reply #1 - 11/03/13 at 06:28:24

You might want to check out this http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1298689417 It's Serowbot's Harley muffler guide.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 11/03/13 at 06:36:57

I've never tried this,.. but I'll bet it would work great... wrapped between the pipe and muffler...
You can probably buy some locally...
GOLF CLUB Lead Tape 100" X 1/2"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-CLUB-Lead-Tape-100-X-1-2-ADD-WEIGHT-to-Irons-Dri...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
sesamestreet

Mississauga
Reply #3 - 11/03/13 at 06:37:25

I did read that. I have the dyna one but it just can't slip on all the way till it hits that "block" on the header pipe. Also when I shake it I hear nuts shaking inside of it. Should I just get a new one?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 11/03/13 at 06:39:16

If stuff's rattlin' around in there,.. yer' muff is rotted out...
Time for a new one...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
sesamestreet

Mississauga
Reply #5 - 11/03/13 at 06:45:19

Ok awesome. So now...what's the BEST muffler for these bikes? Unfortunately I sold the stock one that the previous owner gave me with the bike (along with the windshield, useless crash bars, and hopefully soon my whole seat/rear fender)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:15:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna muffler

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.