Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
carb issues (Read 58 times)
Steddy58

Ooops I did it again

Liverpool UK
carb issues
10/30/13 at 06:38:28

Hi, does anyone know what size the clamp is for the airbox to the carb ( the one next to the carb - I'm guessing they're both the same size ) and has anyone got any good ideas on what carb is good to replace the original,thanks - its driving me mad,mad I tell you  Angry   :'(

1988 sav, mikuni vm36 carb (lancer),high comp piston, racing cam, raptor petcock, self-made exhaust, delkevic silencer (ryca header), K&N air filter, 48,000 miles
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: carb issues
Reply #1 - 10/30/13 at 07:41:33

The clamps on the rubber tube for the air box are different sizes, the tube is larger at the airbox and tapers toward the carb.

The easiest and simplest replacement is the Mikuni VM36 kit from Lancer.  It is jetted pretty darn close when you get it, and he can supply the proper replacement throttle cable.  You can find Lancer stuff in the Marketplace section of this forum.

If you go online and buy a new or used Mikuni VM36 from somewhere else - be aware that the jetting, slide and needle may all need to be changed for the Savage, as the carbs need to be jetted completely different when used on a 2 stroke vs. a large 4 stroke single.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
danjray

Connecticut
Re: carb issues
Reply #2 - 10/30/13 at 08:59:24

As far as the clamps go, they caused me too many headaches (and I broke one) so I just run without them. I've been doing it for a few thousand miles now and no problems have come up, so hopefully they're not a huge issue...  Huh

2012 LS650 Boulevard S40
~11k Miles and counting fast
Mech Engr Student and backyard tinkerer
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:27:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › carb issues

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!