Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Violent Crime Rate
10/12/13 at 10:43:48

Shhh…Violent Crime is at a 42-Year Low and No One Thinks You Should Know
September 28, 2013 by Jonathan S. · 6 Comments
The FBI has stated that violent crime is at a 42 year low
Follow Guns 'n' Freedom on Twitter and stay informed!
With the main stream media so focused on their fascination with glorifying mass murderers in the United States, it seems they have forgotten to report on this new low in violent crime.  But while it is not as “sensational”,  it is important to report the FACTS about violence in the US instead of just guessing about it through the prism of what’s reported on the 6 o’clock news.
Nraila.org has reported on a recent crime report by the FBI for 2012, and in spite of it being excellent news for every American, apparently the news is not good enough for our dear president to even mention, especially amidst a nation wide gun buying frenzy.
Last week, the FBI released its national crime report for 2012.  By a slight margin, the nation’s violent crime rate decreased in 2012–relative to 2011–making it the lowest it has been since 1970.  Compared to 1991, when it hit an all-time high, violent crime is down by 49 percent.  The nation’s murder rate was unchanged in 2012; still lower than any time since 1963 and at nearly an all-time low.
Rather than stating the facts of gun violence, our president has chosen to only use tragic shootings as launching pads for political talking points that demonize gun owners and shift the blame from the actual shooters.  In the recent “eulogy” for the Navy Yard shooting victims he declared it “an epidemic of gun violence [that] tears apart communities across America.”

As long as facts like this are ignored and replaced with more highlights of what law-abiding gun owners DON’T do, the more blind followers of the anti-gun movement will believe their own rhetoric, that guns are the real problem and it’s only getting worse.
Try telling the average person on the street that violent crime is at a new 42-year low in the US and he/she will probably think you’re crazy.
Washington Times’ writer Emily Miller was not about to let President Obama get away with his silence on this important crime report while he travels the country promising more change to our gun laws and promoting his health care law.
“Not once has the president remarked on these numbers.  Neither has [anti-gun] New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg,” Miller wrote.  ”The liberal media pretend the statistics are written in invisible ink.  Why the blackout?   Because all violent crime–including gun homicide–has gone down over the last 20 years.  The gun murder rate has gone from 6.62 per 100,000 inhabitants in 1993 to 3.27 in 2012, a decline of more than 50 percent.
- See more at: http://gunsnfreedom.com/shhh-violent-crime-is-at-a-42-year-low-and-no-one-thi...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Violent Crime Rate
Reply #1 - 10/13/13 at 08:33:00

It could simply be a result of of the imprisonment of career criminals..of course it is an expensive fix..some estimates of 60 thou a year per NY prisoner...how much is that in a New York Minute?

I am still wondering about a decimation program in the prison system; the execution by lottery of 1/10 of those in prison each year.  Wardens could place 10 Percent as safe for the year..not eligible for the culling which means 1 I 9 would be eligible for the end program. Wink

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: Violent Crime Rate
Reply #2 - 10/13/13 at 15:23:22

Trip, New York can actually spend $160,000 a year not $60,000 to house a prisoner. I posted a thread on this subject from a reliable source not long ago.I'm a gun rights activist and of course we love to take credit for it. More citizens own guns now more than ever. With concealed carry common street thugs don't know who to attack. I haven't got the figures with me right now but most crime happens in gun free zones. When concealed carry first came out signs were on almost every store and restaurant " No Fire Arms Allowed" I refused to get my permit because there was hardly anyplace I could go that allowed it. Now I cant even remember the last time I've seen one of those signs. Store and restaurant owners have finally realized citizens have prevented robberies and protected non carrying citizens. We've been trained and 99% of us are not gun crazed lunatics. We have been trained to use our guns as a last resort. What concerns me is gang crime is on the rise and the police do not seem to be concerned. One concealed carrier cannot hold off an armed gang. Maybe the police will soon wake up.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 04:03:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Violent Crime Rate

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.