660 petcock (Read 195 times)
dirty dog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portsmouth Ohio
660 petcock
10/03/13 at 09:57:52

I just got an rapt 660 petcock and it has the the smaller out let  :'( :'(
:'( I even asked the seller about that and told me it was the bigger one( supposedly was a oem from yamaha) well its not will the smaller one
work will it flow enough fuel the smaller fuel line isn't a problem
it will work with my fuel filter.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: 660 petcock
Reply #1 - 10/03/13 at 10:16:58

The smaller outlet is either from a Chinese copy petcock.....or the smaller Yamaha quad.....and not the 660.

It most probably will work just fine......You only need full flow during full throttle runs, and most of us don't do that for very long.  Depending on what fuel filter you use....that could be more of a restriction than the petcock.  This is a gravity fuel system....and it doesn't take much to slow the fuel flow down.  Most of the fuel filters have thick plastic and that makes for very tiny and restrictive nipples on the fuel filter.  Some are so small that they don't allow the air to bleed out, and the air blocks fuel flow.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
dirty dog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portsmouth Ohio
Reply #2 - 10/03/13 at 10:25:21

thanks Cool

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 10/03/13 at 10:31:53

I hope you got your petcock cheap enough......we strongly recommend that you get the original part and take out he guess work.  If you don't see the part number on a nice white Yamaha box....'5LP-24500-01'.........it is most likely not the right part.

http://www.ronayers.com/Search.aspx?k=5LP-24500-01

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #4 - 10/03/13 at 10:40:34

I've got the chinese replica, and I've done the flow test with and without my inline filter on.  In both cases, it well exceeded the "one cup in 60 seconds" benchmark.  I've never had any fuel delivery issues, but I did have a small problem with the quality. So long as your fuel line is clamped on tight and it doesn't leak gas from the valve face, you ought to be fine.

If he TOLD you it was O.E.M. and it wasn't, I'd be chewing his ear until he gives you some kind of a refund, though...

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 10/03/13 at 11:03:09

HondaLavis wrote on 10/03/13 at 10:40:34:
I've got the chinese replica, and I've done the flow test with and without my inline filter on.  In both cases, it well exceeded the "one cup in 60 seconds" benchmark.  I've never had any fuel delivery issues, but I did have a small problem with the quality. So long as your fuel line is clamped on tight and it doesn't leak gas from the valve face, you ought to be fine.

If he TOLD you it was O.E.M. and it wasn't, I'd be chewing his ear until he gives you some kind of a refund, though...

Honda, got a link to your filter? I'm going to put one on the wife's bike

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #6 - 10/03/13 at 11:58:22

I picked mine up at Autozone.  Part number FF2314DL.  Pretty cheap, a bit smaller than the one pictured in the "how to install a fuel filter" thread.  Still has plenty of pleats.

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
njrmahoney

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/06/13 at 12:08:58

dirty dog wrote on 10/03/13 at 09:57:52:
I just got an rapt 660 petcock and it has the the smaller out let  :'( :'(
:'( I even asked the seller about that and told me it was the bigger one( supposedly was a oem from yamaha) well its not will the smaller one
work will it flow enough fuel the smaller fuel line isn't a problem
it will work with my fuel filter.

I got the cheap one with the smaller outlet, from amazon.com,  I tossed it in the trash. Ordered the genuine Yamaha one in the Yamaha box.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #8 - 10/06/13 at 13:35:17

Dirty dog,

Who was your vendor who mislead you?   We'd all like to know so we can avoid such in the future.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
dirty dog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portsmouth Ohio
Reply #9 - 10/06/13 at 18:06:22

I'll find out and let you know

IP Logged
dirty dog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portsmouth Ohio
Reply #10 - 10/06/13 at 18:25:51

it was glenparts sorry I may have been wrong this one did not tell me it was oem,but they did tell me that it was the bigger out let,one of the others told me that theres was oem any way i tried it it leaks what a pice of nuts!!!! they said thed refund me the money when they get back
but I have to pay the shipping first then they would refund it ( the shipping was free so it sounds like I wont get that back )no big deal it was only about 3 bucks ( the shipping not the petcock) I gess I have learned my lession cheep is too good to be true. I have no yamaha dealers in town and would have to drive 100 miles to one any way THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP I SHOULD HAVE CHECK ON HERE A LITTLE MORE BEFOR I ORDERD OFF OF FLEE BAY.sorry caps locks was on. Embarrassed

IP Logged
Curtiss
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 10/06/13 at 19:44:17

Always use the Original part from the OEM especially for critical parts like petcocks etc they may be more expensive but its usually worth it

IP Logged
dirty dog

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portsmouth Ohio
Reply #12 - 10/07/13 at 02:59:40

I tri to when I can there are on dealers of any kind within 80 miles of me Smiley

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #13 - 10/08/13 at 16:19:04

Curtiss wrote on 10/06/13 at 19:44:17:
Always use the Original part from the OEM especially for critical parts like petcocks etc they may be more expensive but its usually worth it

Curtiss, always insist on original YAMAHA parts for your SUZUKI!!  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 00:28:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 660 petcock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.