Send Topic Print
Need new tires (Read 110 times)
aegerprimo

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tucker, GA
Need new tires
09/25/13 at 19:20:20

Can someone recommend a set of tires for me? The bike is completely stock but would like to eventually change out the shocks. I read that Progressive 412's are good? Comments... Smiley

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Need new tires
Reply #1 - 09/25/13 at 20:00:05

Try reading the guidelines at the top

then do a search, topics reoccurring every month or so.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 09/25/13 at 23:07:31

I'm pushin' Shinko 712's lately... good bang for the buck...
They stick like glue...

Lot's of other info, and advice available... Metzlers last, but cost...
Dunlop 404's are a staple...

Tires are darn good nowadays...
The stock ones are shockingly bad... and I have used other IRC tires in the past and found them excellent...

Fresh meat is always an improvement...
Pick a brand/pattern that tickles your fancy...
Shinko owns the Yokohama molds...  they are race tires, on a budget...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #3 - 09/25/13 at 23:52:39

Bot's right! Shinkos are on my Ninja 250 and I can drag the pegs and not feel in danger. I've got 7000 miles on the rear and if I'm ever able to ride again it will easily go 10,000

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Rush-rks

Lurking &
Learning

Beckley WV
Reply #4 - 09/26/13 at 04:52:32

I just got new tires last week.  Shinko 712 on front and Dunlop K555 on the rear.  Check fleabay for a bargain might find yours there like mine.  Dont forget new tubes.

2006 Suzuki S40 Boulevard bone stock other than idle-mix adjustment out 3/4 turn from factory setting
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #5 - 09/26/13 at 10:04:21

I like the Kenda "KRUZ" K673 tires. Had a set on the Kawasaki KZ440 LTD and just put a set on the Savage a few weeks ago. The KZ 440 has over 5000 miles on the tires(mixed interstate and twisty roads) and still have way better than half the tread left. I figure the guy I sold it to will get 12,00 plus miles from them.

Motorcycle Superstore sells them at a really good discount. The only complaint I have with the tires is that they are so stable in the twistys I keep wearing out footpegs! Grin Heck, they took me through a 4-5" per hour rainstorm for 30 miles with no problem holding the road!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #6 - 09/26/13 at 15:18:23

I put a set of Pirelli MT66's on the front and back before the big trip that I'm on. I'm about 1800 miles into it so far and I love the tires.  They've done great in rain, gravel roads, through sand storms, and anything else the desert southwest of America has thrown at them.

I was like you, I had a stock bike but I ended up adding Progressive 412s, Pirelli tires, a Corbin Seat, Kuryakyn Grips, a Superbrace, and Routy's Forward Controls to prep the bike for day-long rides.  I couldn't be happier with each component.

2009 Red/White S40, Pirelli MT66 Tires, Corbin Seat, Dyna Exhaust, Routy Forward Controls
  IP Logged
Fishbulb
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/28/13 at 06:00:48

New rider (just turned 1500 miles on my 96 yesterday).

I put Pirelli MT66's on mine 1000 miles ago. With the minimal exp. that I have I wanted to have matching tires front and back to take that variable out of the equation.

I am pleased with the tires so far, as my skills have increased I have not found that the tires are stopping me! Smiley

Went through a local shop, $300 all in. Dropped the bike off with Old and Busted, came home with New Hotness.

Good luck!

Jac

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:30:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need new tires

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.