Send Topic Print
Bike start problem (Read 140 times)
TheProduct2007

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Bike start problem
Reply #15 - 09/24/13 at 08:47:25

WD wrote on 09/24/13 at 08:43:06:
Lever or the perch the lever rides in? Just pulled all that mess off mine yesterday, can fish it out of the junk bin if needed. Stateside you can send me your mailing address, I'll drop it in a padded mailer and send it your way. The perch on mine has good threads, but the inside is a bit wallowed out. Lever assembley and safety switch are fine. Perch would require a touch of shimming to get it to hold tight, piece of beer can works fine.

If you aren't stateside, it isn't worth shipping, postage costs more than the parts would new.

I switched to a drum front brake, so need to change to matching brake and clutch perches/levers. Brit spec stuff.

It's the perch the lever rides in. How much do you want for it? Here is my number if you can text me at 9197576267

I'm going to ride whether I have to push this bike or not!
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #16 - 09/24/13 at 09:26:06

I don't text, too old to figure it out (41). PM me your mailing address, and we'll go from there.

Memphis area to NC shouldn't be very much.

Cost? Send me postage if you can make it work, I'll never reinstall it. If I'd remembered today was garbage day it would have been gone.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
TheProduct2007

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 09/24/13 at 09:41:54

Pm'ed. Based upon the picture do y'all still think it is a head seal cap leak? If it is, wouldn't I still need to replace the head gasket?

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #18 - 09/24/13 at 09:47:30

Savages only get new head gaskets when they get an over bore. Cap seal replacement generally doesn't disturb the lower head.

Savage engines are straight out of the 1950s. With 1970s electrical and ignition systems.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
TheProduct2007

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 09/24/13 at 10:04:08

WD wrote on 09/24/13 at 09:47:30:
Savages only get new head gaskets when they get an over bore. Cap seal replacement generally doesn't disturb the lower head.

Savage engines are straight out of the 1950s. With 1970s electrical and ignition systems.

I'm sorry man I'm a little confused, you're saying the cap head won't affect the lower head, but isn't the oil leak coming from the upper head gasket?

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #20 - 09/24/13 at 10:08:41

Nope, it should be coming from a little plug or a couple of loose bolts. The upper head "gasket" is either high heat gray or high heat copper, "tube of goo" sourced. Replace the little rubber plug, clean and regoop the upper head to lower head mating surface. No gasket needed, that's why Permatex makes gray gunk.

Mine has leaked since it was new, so have the fork seals. I just hose the mess off occasionally. You should see the underside of my bike, if it can leak, it does...

Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
TheProduct2007

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 09/25/13 at 06:48:33

I'm getting a new handlebar and I saw a 25 in drag bar that was nice, would that short of a pipe cause any problems while driving?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:33:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike start problem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.