Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
An honest question..... (Read 134 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
An honest question.....
09/14/13 at 10:31:55

Let me preface it with an observation with the hope of diffusing argument, allowing reflecting instead  Kiss

I have spent many minutes, hours, days, weeks, years, in the clutches of those who dictate our thoughts and actions. I experienced temporal satisfaction at times when it appeared I was in the majority, or more aptly put, I was member with the largest herd of sheep..... Somehow I guess I found security and justification (in my thoughts and actions) for staking a claim with the majority....
I felt I deserved the right to "enlighten" the minority (ignorant). Heck, it was my duty....
If in fact I only "really" did it to feel better about myself, self justification, that was mere icing on the cake and readily dismissed for the higher calling of enlightening the ill informed (lost), or so I thought.....
I pondered why my high of superiority was fleeting, never lasting, but always requiring the energy of another fight (argument) to sustain it. Why did it leave me exhausted and at odds with the world.....why was peace (of mind) escaping me?

I have since found my answers.....  Smiley

My question to you, if you care to answer (or even think about to yourself). Upon your death, will the world/society have truly benefited by your life, did you leave a mark of  hope, or grab what you thought you wanted?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: An honest question.....
Reply #1 - 09/14/13 at 11:00:49

The world needs change. We've been at war my whole lifetime. I'm tired of seein pictures of bodybags and kids with no arms and legs. I'm tired of our corrupt government. I'm tired of the middle east. I have a somewhat decent life for someone who is handicapped. I could do nothing and just enjoy the rest of my life but I gotta try to do something to make it better for my kids and grandkids. That's just me. They're gonna have it a lot worse if I and several others don't stand up and try to correct the things that need correcting. Excellent Post Raydawg.. Read whats at the bottom of all my post.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 09/14/13 at 12:04:00

We're all just dust in the wind....
If you think you're anything  more,... yer' jus' blowin' smoke...

All the angst and passion over these issues are wasted energy...
Vote... then yer' done... that's all you'll ever do beyond your physical existence...
Beyond that, just be a good person, help your fellow man...

Nothing,... absolutely nothing said or done in this forum will do anything but waft hot air...

... and I'm at peace with that... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 09/14/13 at 12:38:50

Appreciate your reply guys, thank you  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #4 - 09/14/13 at 12:40:06

Bot you're too passive. I want to leave this world trying to make things better for my next 2 generations. Maybe that's it , you don't have a family, that makes a big difference. I debate here only if its to let you guys know the truth about how I feel. I be as nice to everyone as I can. I call and fax my congressmen. I've even written Obama and got a reply, I'm sure it was from one of his aides I think its selfish to set back and do nothing, leaving the next generation in one hell of a mess. Dust in the Wind, hell of a song. Read whats at the bottom of all my post. I believe it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 09/14/13 at 16:22:01

Whether or not you can measure the change ytou made, you made a difference. YOu can add to the bad or stand against it. Whatever tiny positive you added was a benefit to mankind,much more so than had you NOT worked to achieve making a difference in a positive way,
Youll never even know ALL of the change you caused. We sometimes only plant a seed & those people are gone from our lives,, but what we said stays with them,they see other things that cause them to think, etc, etc,, & Voila,, they are not the same,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #6 - 09/14/13 at 17:12:04

" IF YOU DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING, YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING"

attributed to Alexander Hamilton and/or Malcom X

Unlikely pair, but it's still true IMO. Sometimes what you stand for isn't even as important as honestly and courageously standing for it. And we are only"dust in the wind" once we are dead. Till then life is about making choices and accepting the consequences of those choices, whatever they happen to be. Sitting on the fence because what we do may not matter to the universe at large is just wasting the short time we have alloted to us.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 09/14/13 at 21:31:01

According to Smith Wigglesworth, ( Yes, thats areal name. He was areal man.) A TRagedy is spending 2 days  on the same  spiritual plane.
He healed many. Look him up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #8 - 09/15/13 at 04:43:50

When I was a young boy I read an SF story about time travel, where tourists are lead back to pre-human earth. They are restricted to specific pathways and are instructed to never never leave it or touch anything. Someone sees a butterfly and captures it to take home. When they get back to the present the whole world is changed, because of the removal of that butterfly. That got me to thinking that every action we take has an effect on the future, and we have no way of knowing what that effect will be.
So I have tried to keep my footprint as small as is practicably possible, and to teach others (my kids, my grandkids, and my students) to do the same.

« Last Edit: 09/15/13 at 13:48:02 by arteacher »  

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #9 - 09/15/13 at 11:29:02

As a father.. I would presume that mission of my species to procreate..while the world my take no note, I hope my survivors my look upon life as adding to thiers in some way.

I have attempted to be honorable with items from generations before to be kept and passed on.

I have achieved nothing that would give worldly, nationally, or even local acclaim. I have participed some in politics, as a delegate and volunteer. Though I have never run for office.

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #10 - 09/15/13 at 19:03:16

Midnightrider wrote on 09/14/13 at 11:00:49:
The world needs change. We've been at war my whole lifetime. I'm tired of seein pictures of bodybags and kids with no arms and legs. I'm tired of our corrupt government. I'm tired of the middle east. I have a somewhat decent life for someone who is handicapped. I could do nothing and just enjoy the rest of my life but I gotta try to do something to make it better for my kids and grandkids. That's just me. They're gonna have it a lot worse if I and several others don't stand up and try to correct the things that need correcting. Excellent Post Raydawg.. Read whats at the bottom of all my post.
Excellent answer. I feel the same. Having discovered that what I was taught in public school about the way the government is supposed to be is not actually the way the current government functions. I feel a need to inform others as to what I have discovered. If I am conscious just before I die, at least I will know that I gave it my best.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 09/16/13 at 05:48:28

Something made you loose the desire to change other people's minds because you realized, despite your fights and victories, you felt hollow at the end of the day, needing another conquest to "fill" you up again, right?

Was this insight some version of "Don't sweat the small stiff.  PS: its all small stuff!" ?  

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 09/16/13 at 05:49:25

We're all just dust in the wind....
If you think you're anything  more,... yer' jus' blowin' smoke...

darn, that's sad.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 09/16/13 at 06:16:35

"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Even longer timeline it will be as if we never existed at all, and everything that we have done is inconsequential.

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 09/16/13 at 07:14:01

"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

another rule from Fight Club?... ha ha

I would amend that to say "on a long enough time line, the survival rate for our human bodies drop to zero"

I refuse to believe the consciousness I feel is simply the result of a series of bio-chemical electrical reactions inside a skull that evolved from a monkey. We are created beings, separate and above all other life forms existing in this dimension, on this planet.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/08/24 at 03:24:25

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › An honest question.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.