Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Maryland gets on board ! (Read 134 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Maryland gets on board !
Reply #15 - 09/14/13 at 18:05:36

The day I retire I'm selling everything I own and will be heading to a German enclave in Chile, Peru, Paraguay, Argentina, Uruguay, or Brazil. Unless the USA has managed to dynamite itself out of the festering cesspool it has fallen deeper into since the late 1960s.

The country's majority seems to be more concerned with getting something, in reality everything, for nothing. Factor the welfare dregs, those too young to have a job, those too lazy to have a job, the "student athletes" who demand (and receive) straight As for at best D level work, the employed who's main goal in life is to skim as much as they can w/o getting caught...

Supposedly, everyone in this country has the same access to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Don't see anywhere that the paperwork says "Sit on your fat, lazy, entitlement mentality a$$ and the government will spoil you rotten while destroying anyone who shows personal initiative, responsibility, and personal/social morals".

The "Big 2" are sides of the same double faced coin. You have the same symptoms of rot in both parties: kiddie fiddlers, thieves, rapists, con men, tax cheats, adulterers, race traitors, common traitors, and treason (selling out U.S. interests to anybody who will line their pockets).

I haven't flown a US flag in years. There are 3 flags that rotate through display at my place... the Jolly Roger, the Southern Cross (Confederate battle flag) and the Blood Flag/Black Cross (Third Reich). When the country returns to being the USA instead of a wholly owned puppet of Communist China or Israel, I might consider flying a US flag again.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #16 - 09/14/13 at 18:30:14

A very romantic ideal; although, everything south of the boarder is run by cartels in partnership with 3rd world dictators.  May not Costa Rica, but if we had enough money to live there we would probably be there.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #17 - 09/17/13 at 01:02:26

Serowbot wrote on 09/14/13 at 10:26:30:
"... instead of, say, trying to bring the Republican Party into the 21st Century, recruiting new candidates, registering new voters — have at it, fellas."

You do realize that these antics only serve to the Republican party look like idiots?...
Much like the 50 or so futile attempts to repeal Obamacare...

Instead of taking any serious action to make a better country, these guys just waste taxpayer money with grandstanding...
... and you are cheering them?... Huh...

They may as well just threaten to hold their breath until they turn blue...
It's childish...

I'm not a Republican and the canditates they run look like serious idiots. Wahington is doing nothing but giving us a hard time and if we can cause them a little trouble I'm all for it. Bot what kind of serious action would you take to make this country better? I'll leave you with this, I'm losing two of my best doctors because of Obamacare and the Corp's are gonna cut the workweek back to 30 hrs to avoid paying benefits and hire more temps. I talked to my rheumatologist last week and he said most of the time from now on you'll be seeing a nurse or PA. Obamacare as it stands right now is a clusterfuk that is gonna create more trouble than it fixes.. Are you for it just because you're a Democrat. I'm all for insurance for everyone but we can do better than that. With a 30 hr workweek the whole payment is coming out of your pocket.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #18 - 09/17/13 at 01:18:07

WD the government did away with our jobs and a vast # of people found out they can sit on their A$$ and let the government keep them up. Those of us with a high school education cant live off of what the corps. wanna pay us. Going into business for yourself takes a lot of money.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #19 - 09/17/13 at 05:27:45

I found out my off farm job is going to be 32 hours as the target. That's district wide. 90 miles per day commute for less than full time... I'm not happy about that, and Lisa blew a gasket over it.

And to top that, it is going to seriously impact this year's pecan and walnut harvests... in a heavy crop year.

Angry

The next time Germany or Ireland has an "Americans, come home" repatriation event, I may just take one or the other up on it. Or I'll renew my medical certificate and head to Australia to drive the road trains in the Outback.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 09/17/13 at 07:11:25

WD wrote on 09/17/13 at 05:27:45:
I found out my off farm job is going to be 32 hours as the target. That's district wide. 90 miles per day commute for less than full time... I'm not happy about that, and Lisa blew a gasket over it.

And to top that, it is going to seriously impact this year's pecan and walnut harvests... in a heavy crop year.

Angry

The next time Germany or Ireland has an "Americans, come home" repatriation event, I may just take one or the other up on it. Or I'll renew my medical certificate and head to Australia to drive the road trains in the Outback.

Well,, WD, That looks likie there is gonna be a real, measurable & significant Cost involved in taking that job. YOu gotta add vehicle maintenance to the fuel costs & the difference in food costs for you & any clothes the job may require. All that plus the harvest losses? Daaang.. Sounds like youd be better off buyin & flippin cars.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #21 - 09/17/13 at 19:22:20

I'd rather be in a motorcycle or hot rod shop, but the economy here is still in the septic tank. I can't turn down a sure thing, and hope that a job closer to home opens up. I CAN take the sure thing, and in a few months, put in for a transfer.

Have my new cam chain tensioner, have a jet kit, picking up a Road King Police solo seat and a set of take off Road King bars later this week. Will get the Savage rewired on my days off, get it licensed/insured, and back in service. I'm even putting the not required here, but since Memphians drive with their heads up their butts I'm going to run them, turn signals back on. And dual tail/brake lights once I find the other one. Lower bars and jetted back down into the common sense zone, with fully inflated tires, I should be in the mid to upper 60s mpg range at local highway/secondary road speeds.

I'll make it work until I can get my new shop set up and start building clientele, until then, I'm picking up side jobs at an indie shop a friend is starting.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/08/24 at 03:03:02

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Maryland gets on board !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.