Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
Cafe ala Carte - NEW update! (Read 2864 times)
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
Re: Cafe ala Carte - NEW update!
Reply #90 - 09/25/16 at 17:37:00

So, a ride report.  Yes I ride it but I have to say I do watch the weather!   Grin

Based on what you did to your engine it is probably in the same vein.  It pulls clean and crisp and has a very solid mid range and top end.  The carb to me is much more responsive than the stock one but it should be replacing a CV carb with a flat slide direct pull.  I don't have the pumper version of the carb which would be another interesting twist.  

Ultimately I like the bike, the suspension is great.  The front brake is awesome.  It is light - 320 lbs gassed up.   The only slight thing if I am going to get extremely picky is that it is a tall bike.  The frame was made to take a tall engine so it worked well for this project.  On top of it the suspension now sits 2" taller than the stock Mojave stance.  This combined makes a bike you sit on rather than in.  So when it comes to flicking it fast I would rather have a stock GSX-R   Cool

I don't ride it and didn't build it for HP.  I have Bad Attitude to fill that adrenaline need.  I built it for soul....and that it has in spades.  Soul with an ever so slight bit of attitude. (Drop that slide on a shift and she will wake up who ever is right behind).

I should go out and do some timed runs.  I have my bike with all the mods and approximately stock gear ratios.  Then I have my wife's project bike Purple Passion that has stock carb but the muffler (Dyna), air filter (flat K&N) and the gearing has been raised by 10% and converted to chain with mag rims.  And lastly her previous S40 is still in the garage which is completely stock except the same Dyna muffler.  I really should go find some stretch of road and do some back to back to back time trials.  If I were sadistic I could drag out the stock muffler and slap that back on for one more variation.  Oh and did I mention a local tuning shop will do 3 dyno pulls for $20?

WWW   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #91 - 09/25/16 at 20:02:54

Yes I use mikuni vm36 with UFO,quad flow wing,Dialajet and a 2" header with a repackable core muffler I made. It all works well with some awesome throttle response.
Yeah the RYCA configuration has a high center of gravity & rake angle could be steeper but it handles quite well until you push it too hard into a corner,seems to push some with front tire which makes me want to drift it thru a hard corner rather than riding it thru. It might just be the tires too !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
Reply #92 - 02/01/17 at 17:50:55

So if all goes as scheduled Cafe a la Carte should be on display Friday afternoon thru Sunday at the Minneapolis Convention Center for the Progressive International Bike Show in the Custom Builder section of the bike show.

If you are local come out and check it out!  If you like it vote for me!

WWW   IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #93 - 02/02/17 at 02:06:11

Blue: how did you make out at Barber? the bike looked awesome! Cool

IP Logged
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
Reply #94 - 02/02/17 at 18:28:37

Barber was good.  Didn't win anything but didn't really expect too.  I had been warned about the show there and I have to say it was one of the most poorly run shows I have ever been in.  

This was not Barber's issue other than they hired Dime City to run the show. Dime City may build cool bikes and sell cool parts but they do not know how to run a show.

Overall though I would definitely tell anyone that has not been to Barber Motorsports park and the museum that they have to put it on their bucket list as a destination and go there.  Make sure you plan plenty of time for the Museum.  If you are into vintage bikes then the Festival every October is very cool.

WWW   IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #95 - 02/03/17 at 14:33:51

I think Barber rents the space to Ace Cafe, who does the deal with Dime City........I keep telling myself that Ace is a tourist trap, but somehow, can't resist, better bikes on Barber's own grounds without the extra admission. Embarrassed

IP Logged
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
Reply #96 - 02/03/17 at 15:51:21

I can't argue with any of that!

WWW   IP Logged
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
Reply #97 - 02/11/17 at 06:16:27

Sorry for the delay guys I got sick as a dog right after the show.  Here are a couple of pics from the show that I finally got uploaded.

AND

The local Suzuki mechanics and the Suzuki factory reps enjoyed seeing the big thumper as a base for a sweet custom competing against all the other insanity that was there.  (Can you say 30" front wheel is now standard on baggger customs??!!)

WWW   IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #98 - 02/11/17 at 08:12:44

BEAUTIFUL !!!! Smiley    

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #99 - 02/11/17 at 08:35:22

Blue,

That is one drop dead gorgeous Savage.

Kenny G Smiley

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #100 - 02/11/17 at 09:39:50

You are a next level builder ! One of a kind ! You have the eye for shapes & lines , very skilled ! Show bike oh hell no take it out and ride it !
On a dry day !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #101 - 02/11/17 at 10:51:13

Here's the questions. How long did the build take ? From beginning to end years , months not estimated hours. How much did the build cost ? Builds once started can take you over and your vision of the build changes but for me it wasn't a budget thing it was trial & error and as things changes  any budget thoughts went out the window. If it ain't right go back and do it again until it works. Because you won't be happy until it's right !

All in all your build is totally stunning !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #102 - 02/11/17 at 11:49:47

Simplistically beautiful, when most customs are over the top.  Awesome job! Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #103 - 02/11/17 at 16:04:06

I'm curious about what it weighs.
Where is the battery and what kinda battery izzit?
Manual decomp?
Looks very much like something a young guy would have a lot of fun on.
Have you test run it?
Zero to sixty times? Top end?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
Reply #104 - 02/11/17 at 16:06:45

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Ruttly, to your question of time.  I had to go back and look at my posts and it almost made me sick.  It was about 2 years longer than I had thought.  I started the bike in Oct 2007 and did a crude build to get through titling in fall of 2008.  Once the title arrived that winter I truly started the project.  Then it rolled out with final paint and polish fall of 2015.  I rode it the summer of 2014 and shook it down and did final jetting late in the fall of 2014.  Then got to final paint and polish the winter of 2014 with a goal of rolling out spring of 2015.  That got delayed to fall of 2015.  Ultimately I only had time to work on it in my spare time between chasing 2 busy kids, working full time, and taking care of my aging and dying parents.

As far as the vision.  When I started it was going to be a dirt cheap slightly more than hack build.  As soon as I acquired the frame for it then the vision immediately changed to what it became.  I layout a very complete vision before I start a project and follow through with great detail to it.  I did add small details as I went but the key lines were there from day one.  As far as cost I didn't keep track on this build.  I do things very economical in most areas because I shop bargains on ebay and do all my own work.  Still I would guess I am probably into the entire thing for around $4K.  Still cheaper than a brand new one.

I am starting now on a custom framed 1970 Suzuki T500 2 stroke twin street going road racer.  Nickel plated race frame from 1970   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 04:20:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cafe ala Carte - NEW update!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.