Send Topic Print
Oopsie! (Read 64 times)
Toroso

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, TN
Oopsie!
08/25/13 at 13:29:27

Today I found out that motorcycles perform their best when there is gas in the tank. I filled it up on a short ride the other night but forgot I rode it to work Friday. I left out this morning thinking I needed no gas. On a lonely country road the engine shut off. I'm thinking WTF? Coasted onto the shoulder and sat for minute, tried to start and it cranked right up. Hmmm. A couple hundred feet down the road same thing. That's when I remembered riding to work on Friday.

Luckily, Reserva, High Priestess of the great god Petrol was there to work her magic and get me to the next Altar of Petrol.  Wink

1999 LS650 Dyna muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslavy
  IP Logged
Rix

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Oopsie!
Reply #1 - 08/25/13 at 13:47:05

First time I ran out of fuel was getting on the freeway for two exits.
I was very glad I could reach the switch at 70.

2013 BOULEVARD S40/LS650 ALL STOCK
1982 HONDA MB5 WITH MODS
  IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #2 - 08/25/13 at 14:34:40

My first time, I'd been at highway speeds for a while.  The OEM petcock was having delivery issues, and I'd switched it to prime.  Sad  I thought I could make it to the next town...  nope.

Thankfully, my wife was driving the truck and was able to pick up a gas can. Grin

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #3 - 08/25/13 at 14:39:43

It's kinda funny my scoot doesn't really give me any pre-spudder warning or anything it just suddenly dies before I have any indication or chance to switch to reserve.  So since I've added the trip odo I pay a lot more attention to the miles I've clocked LoL.   Grin

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Toroso

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, TN
Reply #4 - 08/25/13 at 16:02:56

ToesNose wrote on 08/25/13 at 14:39:43:
It's kinda funny my scoot doesn't really give me any pre-spudder warning or anything it just suddenly dies before I have any indication or chance to switch to reserve.  So since I've added the trip odo I pay a lot more attention to the miles I've clocked LoL.   Grin

Yes! the first time was just like that! Engine off! OMG!

1999 LS650 Dyna muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslavy
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #5 - 08/25/13 at 19:53:11

Shure is fun ain't it Cheesy I remember the first time I ran out on the '96..... Coming home from work on I-71,passing an 18-wheeler running about 80mph Shocked .....it just quit running as I was moving back to the right lane  Angry .....I did get to the shoulder before the big rigs bumper ate my breetches leg Grin.  I started practicing switching to reserve at interstate speeds after that one!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 19:23:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › Oopsie!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.