Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slipstreamer S-06 Spit Fire Shield (Read 120 times)
terpfan1980

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near DC
Slipstreamer S-06 Spit Fire Shield
08/17/13 at 11:07:49

I finally got the mount on this thing figured out, but I am left with a question as to other recommendations for reasonable windshields to consider for use on my LS650.  I'd like something a little bigger than Spit Fire both in terms of width and height, but I'd also like something that as relatively easy to install.

(I noted above that it took me a little bit to figure out the best way to mount the Spit Fire, but it really wasn't that tough.  Just took a little patience moving the mounts around a bit until I had things lined up where I wanted them.)

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Slipstreamer S-06 Spit Fire Shield
Reply #1 - 08/17/13 at 12:25:17

I put the widest (past my grips) and tallest screen I could find on mine. I even had to modify it because of the turning lamps (too high) I wanted the bottom fairing to block cold wind/rain too. It works great and even smooths my ride out at high speeds. I ride daily to work (even in snow, but not this year after others fell) and it provided me with a lot of protection and comfort......not to mention no more big azzed bugs hitting my face, I was stung by a bee that hit my face and lodged itself under my glasses when I had taken it off to enjoy the wind in my face  Grin
I will post a picture of it later, check back.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/17/13 at 12:33:30

A breeze is a breeze unless theres bees..
Ouchee!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
terpfan1980

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near DC
Reply #3 - 08/19/13 at 11:13:47

raydawg wrote on 08/17/13 at 12:25:17:
I put the widest (past my grips) and tallest screen I could find on mine. I even had to modify it because of the turning lamps (too high) I wanted the bottom fairing to block cold wind/rain too. It works great and even smooths my ride out at high speeds. I ride daily to work (even in snow, but not this year after others fell) and it provided me with a lot of protection and comfort......not to mention no more big azzed bugs hitting my face, I was stung by a bee that hit my face and lodged itself under my glasses when I had taken it off to enjoy the wind in my face  Grin
I will post a picture of it later, check back.

You make me miss my old GS650 from many years ago.  That bike had a full fairing on it that blocked, well, pretty much everything in front of me.  I loved that bike, but sadly it was totaled compliments of a car driver that was 3rd or 4th in line turning onto the roadway in front of me and taking the lane I had just switched over to.  :'(

I replaced that bike with a Kawasaki 454 that was just too darned small and under-powered for my tastes.  Once I could afford to drive a car regularly, I wound up giving up riding for many years, only recently having taken to it again after getting my LS650 road ready (I had bought it used quite a while back, it sat in the seller's parent's garage until I could get it transported and then get it repaired).

I did see a few larger Slipstreamer's, including a couple that are apparently very, very large.  I'm not sure how well either would fit on the LS650, which lead me here to ask what other options people know that would work.

In the end, I will probably just stick with the Spit Fire for now, as I think what will likely happen is that I'll go through a year or two of enjoying the LS650 and then probably pass it along to someone else in the family while getting myself something bigger.   If money were no object, I swear I'd have a Goldwing already, but I haven't won the lottery and don't play frequently enough to really expect to :p

IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #4 - 08/19/13 at 11:39:06

terpfan1980 wrote on 08/17/13 at 11:07:49:
I'd like something a little bigger than Spit Fire both in terms of width and height, but I'd also like something that as relatively easy to install.

Several here, including myself will recommend the Memphis Shades Slim. It uses fork clamps for the mount. Very easy and it really does the job.

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 08/19/13 at 12:28:35

The wife got the slip streamer "Hellfire" its plenty big enough...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 08/19/13 at 15:38:58

Here is mine, as promised, tho poorly done, sorry. You can see where I cut the sides above the running/turn indicator lights off, about 4 inches. It has four mounts, and works great. Not a very expensive one either, it says Spirit on it. I can tuck up close to it and miss the rain all together  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
terpfan1980

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near DC
Reply #7 - 08/20/13 at 10:26:46

Both of those options look nice.  Thanks for the feedback and recommendations.  Smiley

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 08/20/13 at 11:31:05

Flip the brackets over so the tab is at the front, put the signals back on... you can keep the lower windshield ears. Just barely.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:37:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Slipstreamer S-06 Spit Fire Shield

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.