Send Topic Print
Enfield muffler (Read 132 times)
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Enfield muffler
08/17/13 at 10:26:56

Hello, I just tested my new Enfield muffler with home made internal. It worked very well, and it fixed my dead last 1/8 WOT. I guess my old dyna with perforated wall did not bread well enough. Maybee becauce of my mome made 30 degree upward bend?  I adjusted a bit upward angle on the new enfield muffler to have more road clearance in corners. All part are from Ebay. THe muffler from Ebay India, New Enfield 500 muffler made in INdia. around 20-30dollar I think? Perforated tube 50,8 mm - 2 inch and a db killer, and a crumb cup. I velded the end of the perforated tube and velded the crumb cup i nthe middle of the perforated tube. Works and sound excellent. Performs better than the dyna.

Pod filter, vm 36-180-20 1 turn.

Havent had the possibility to test top speed yet. But 95mph was reached very fast up hill. There was to much traffic today. And 100 on this bike is scary! It did 100 before, so I hope for a bit more.

bilde1.jpg

Savage 96, Enfield muffler. Lowered forks. Progressive springs Drag bar. big head light. GL1000 fender. small back light. Black. mini turn lamps, vm36 180-20. o2 sensor ! K&N
  IP Logged
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Re: Enfield muffler
Reply #1 - 08/17/13 at 10:27:36

Internal parts

baffle.jpg

Savage 96, Enfield muffler. Lowered forks. Progressive springs Drag bar. big head light. GL1000 fender. small back light. Black. mini turn lamps, vm36 180-20. o2 sensor ! K&N
  IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #2 - 08/18/13 at 20:17:35

Looks great!  Does it have any supports, or is it only attached to the header?  Is it big enough to use an actual muffler gasket, or did you use the aluminum/tin can method?  Or did you just weld it straight to the header?

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Reply #3 - 08/18/13 at 22:47:13

I adjusted the original muffler mount a bit, and fixed it with two bolts, like the original, but drilled a hole becauce the distanse between the bolts were narrover. I welded a 44mm stainless tube to the header and made a split end in the other end. I allso welded in a nut for a o2 sensor on the backside. I assembeled the muffler by placing the muffler tube inside the stainless. I needed one layer tin can, and one clamp.

IP Logged
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Reply #4 - 08/25/13 at 10:54:11

The bike runs good with this setup. It runs easy in 100mph. 96 mph uphill. I drove together with a harley 1500 evo. Brand new. And the LS was similar or faster. In curves the harley was kilometer behind.  Smiley

vm 36-180-20-one turn, pod filter. Enfield muffler. Home made internal.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:41:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Enfield muffler

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.