Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Police could have tazed or pepper spayed them (Read 78 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Police could have tazed or pepper spayed them
08/07/13 at 20:08:54

Unarmed Couple Shot At 137 Times By Police (Updated)

by pajolyFollow

293 Comments / 293 New
As you might imagine, the couple was killed. That's a bit of an understatement. Basically, by the time the cops were done you could strain pasta with the couple's lifeless bodies.
In November 2012, about 60 police vehicles from the Cleveland, OH area pursued the two suspects in a 25-minute chase spanning three cities. One suspect, 30-year-old Malissa Williams, was shot 24 times, and the other, 43-year-old Timothy Russell, was shot 23 times.
Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang ad nauseum....you're dead
This past Friday (August 2, 2013), following a lengthy internal investigation, it was announced 75 officers would be disciplined, but none will lose their jobs.

So pretty much we live in a country where if you are a woman you can be fired for gaining weight or being too pretty. An ill-considered tweet can cost you your livelihood. But, if you carry a badge, killing unarmed people gets your hand slapped.

UPDATE
Enough of this stuff, right? I just penned a diary that offers a federal bill that might help just a little bit. Maybe it is not a good idea, you be the judge: The Clean Cops Act

Yes, the couple was running because the driver was high and driving on a suspended license. So the driver was stupid and maybe not the most solid citizen, but once again we have a mind numbing case of excessive force. The fact that that so many officers took part shows this is not some rogue cop -- it is a rogue cop culture. The Cleveland Plain Dealer noted in a detailed article about the incident that as much as 1/3 of the entire Cleveland police force on duty that night was involved in the event.
City officials have already expanded the timeline for their investigation after learning that more than 115 officers, a third of the force on the road that night, were involved.
The Business Insider article notes that some of the officers are being punished for falsifying reports. That's not a firing offense? Apparently not, but it MIGHT, just might result in a little R&R for those cops.
Nineteen of the 75 officers facing discipline for offenses ranging from engaging in a chase without permission to providing false information on police reports will have disciplinary hearings and might be suspended temporarily, according to The Plain Dealer.
Oh, one more thing. The final "gunfight" -- a one way shoot out -- took place in a middle school parking lot. Nice.
But after the chase ended in a gunfight near Heritage Middle School, police checked the car and realized neither Williams nor Russell was armed.
As a parent I look for teachable moments. But at a time when you can be unaccountably killed for being in the wrong home or carrying skittles or calling 911 or being deaf or having Downs Syndrome or being Bambi, what can I tell my kids about cops except to stay as far away from them as they humanly can?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Police could have tazed or pepper spayed them
Reply #1 - 08/07/13 at 21:16:51

The Business Insider article notes that some of the officers are being punished for falsifying reports.

So, A report, Hmm,, Now, I KNOW what happens if I file a false police report,, Hell Fire, just LIE to a cop & youre screwed,, But THEY can get away with filing false reports? REally? Now, what would YOu do if your Maid lied to you about what she was doing & when she was doing it? Servant/Master,, They should go to Jail for falsifying a report,,fired, never a cop again, & Jail.

Hell,, if a guy who plays ball for a living can get in trouble for taking steroids,, a COP darn sure needs to play the game straight, which matters more in life? Straight cops, or straight pro athletes?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #2 - 08/07/13 at 21:54:05

How can any cop justify making a pasta strainer out of unarmed citizens, whether they were high or not they were unarmed and couldn't harm anyone. I'd like to read some of these reports. The police forces have gotten to the point they will hire anyone and turned them into trained killers. And they are scared if I have a gun.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 08/07/13 at 23:10:42

Actually, no they wont hire just anyone any more,, if youre too smart, they wont hire you.,.jump in apologists, explain how its just to make sure they dont hire overqualified types who will get bored & quit. I guess they no longer want people who can work their way up thru the ranks to be captain one day,, or , are the captains all low IQ?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #4 - 08/08/13 at 10:55:24

Midnightrider wrote on 08/07/13 at 20:08:54:
Unarmed Couple Shot At 137 Times By Police (Updated)

....This past Friday (August 2, 2013), following a lengthy internal investigation, it was announced 75 officers would be disciplined, but none will lose their jobs....

Yay Government Unions!!!

Still trying to figure out what new social class I am in. I'm definitely not in the Royal Political Class and not in the Above the Law Liberal Class.

How far down does this Social Class list go???  Sad Sad Sad

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 08/08/13 at 18:43:47

Serf | Define Serf at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/serf‎
a person in a condition of servitude, required to render services to a lord, commonly attached to the lord's land and transferred with it from one owner to another.

Understand the feudal system.

Are you aware that when people accepting awards thank "All the little people" that there was a time when part of the population was actually diminutive compared to the royalty & WERE referred to as th little people? That was the result of generations of Lords in the feudal system keeping their serfs in such bondage that they werent allowed to eat meat, since ALL the meat came from game animals on the Lords land & were therefor HIS & should you be caught with a rabbit in your pot, you, or a child, may lose a finger or a life, depending on the mood of the soldier who caught you.,.you were Owned,, guess where we are headed.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/09/13 at 06:11:20

Did we go over the cops that shot the dog while on film?
I'm a stone cold, heartless bastard but that was just... I don't even want to think about it.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 08/09/13 at 14:30:40

Man, cops are ki8lling dogs all the time now,, they dont even have to be big, scary dogs, just anything that barks is enough to allow them to say "I felt threatened",, well nuts, If all someone needs to justify shooting something dead is to feel threatened then how about people who see a cop walkin towards them? Its gettin so thats a pretty darned scary moment,

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 08/09/13 at 18:19:49

Yea the cops there are using Stand your ground laws.
Its like when someone is somewhere and you're shooting @ him/her, you need to be protected and safe and stand your ground

And they shot them right ? that is second amendment right thur ... so its all OK.
That guy wasn't armed ... so he is not entitled to second amendment protection.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 08/09/13 at 18:34:13

I knew I had heard this somewhere ... but was also confusing it for another bit of old old old news ... and yes - it is very old news.
Nov 29 2012 Old.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/15155494-75-cleveland-cops-to-be-di...

Is it just my sensitivity to racial discrimination, or do you also think that some of our police officers are on a rampage?

In yet another case of fatal shooting by law enforcement, 75 police officers in Cleveland, Ohio, are finally going to be disciplined for firing more than 137 shots at an unarmed couple on Nov. 29 of last year, killing them.

Of the 75 officers, 19 will reportedly face a variety of charges including engaging in a chase without permission and providing false information on duty reports, according to an Aug. 2 report in the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

According to the Business Insider, none of the officers lost their jobs months after more than 100 officers in 60 police cars engaged in a high-speed chase of 30-year-old Malissa Williams and 43-year-old Timothy Russell.

Widespread protests have not yielded any indictments or firings.

The 25-minute chase that spanned a reported three districts ended in the school parking lot of Heritage Middle School, where Williams and Russell died in a hail of bullets hurdled in their car.

So 2 unarmed black guys get shot @ 137 times by 75 cops and turned into pasta sauce ... most of the cops whom get no punishment, and 19 are disciplined ...

And we are to believe Trayvon Martin was justifiably murdered ? How 2 faced is that ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #10 - 08/09/13 at 20:10:40

"Yay Government Unions!!!

Still trying to figure out what new social class I am in. I'm definitely not in the Royal Political Class and not in the Above the Law Liberal Class.

How far down does this Social Class list go???"      Take a look at me. I'm at the bottom!

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 08/12/13 at 12:34:37

Midnightrider wrote on 08/09/13 at 20:10:40:
"Yay Government Unions!!!

How far down does this Social Class list go???"      Take a look at me. I'm at the bottom!

Sorry I think as per Daney you're one of em fat cat retirees who's sucking tax payer dry and blowing us gubbamint costs ... or some like that.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 12:16:32

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Police could have tazed or pepper spayed them

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.