Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
national-debt-is-really-70-trillion (Read 37 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
national-debt-is-really-70-trillion
08/12/13 at 11:29:51

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/item/16264-university-of-califo...

Nevertheless what they did uncover appeared on pages 46, 47, and 48, deep into the report: When adding up the unfunded liabilities of all “social insurance,” the present value of future expenditures in excess of future expected revenue came to $38.5 trillion, more than twice what is publicly admitted.

When Rep. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.) read the report, he said, “The federal government is the last accounting-free zone in America!” Two former congressmen, Christopher Cox and Bill Archer, were equally appalled: “The U.S. Treasury ‘balance sheet’ does … not include the unfunded liabilities of Medicare, Social Security and other outsized and very real obligations.”

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: national-debt-is-really-70-trillion
Reply #1 - 08/12/13 at 12:37:37

Yes it is, and Bushies ran it up to 69.99 trillion, and you're complaining about that last .01 trill Obama ran up that made it 70 ...

Oooo sorry ... both legs in a fire ... that fire is burning with Dollar bills and is toasty warm ... I have a couple of chicken legs in there too for a snack.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #2 - 08/12/13 at 14:11:48

70 trillion, 17 trillion, these are just words on a piece of paper to most Americans. They're not gonna care until it hits home, till there's nothing to eat, till the countries we gave to start firing upon us. Just a number on a piece of paper, no big deal.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 08/12/13 at 15:33:57

Midnightrider wrote on 08/12/13 at 14:11:48:
70 trillion, 17 trillion, these are just words on a piece of paper to most Americans. They're not gonna care until it hits home, till there's nothing to eat, till the countries we gave to start firing upon us. Just a number on a piece of paper, no big deal.

But I will always have the 2 legs that are in the fire to eat ... 2 chicken legs in a fire.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 08:42:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › national-debt-is-really-70-trillion

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.