Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
be better if he went libertarian (Read 48 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
be better if he went libertarian
07/31/13 at 06:47:01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_YQ8560E1w
LA senator switches party....

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re:  be better if he went libertarian
Reply #1 - 07/31/13 at 07:08:21

Oh yea, libertarians ... they had some sorta point like 15 years  ago.
Ship long since sailed.
Ron Paul by being smarter, managed to stay relevant a few more years ...
Seriously, the world has got very very inter-related libertarianism will not work.
We have subsidized industries in other countries who will continue to eat our lunch.
Simple example ... my college tuition was a paltry $10-12 a semester regardless of how many "credits" I took, as a result I took 179 in 4 years.
This was education considered the equal of MIT's BS in engineering ... and many of my classmates went on to MIT for grad school and sailed through ... $10 a semester. Under $100 a year. Why was it that cheap ... It had a heavy subsidy from the govt of India. No way someone with a 100,000 debt burden is ever going to compete with me. I was free to chase what I wanted, I didn't have a bill to pay end of each month. Japan, germany, most of europe etc etc all subsidize various things, health care, education etc etc.
Libertarianism is a lost cause, we will get killed by the rest of the world.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 07/31/13 at 07:33:43

How easy it is to spit on what weve never seen tried. Ill take libertarianism,, how much worse could it be?

AS for this guy,, congrats! Better late than never,, I wonder how long it took him? & , IF he went Libertarian, & If he decided to shoot for pres, he would never be allowed in a debate,, Ron Paul, REgistered Bub barely made it,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 07/31/13 at 07:39:06

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/31/13 at 07:33:43:
How easy it is to spit on what weve never seen tried. Ill take libertarianism,, how much worse could it be?

Easy man, run your bike on lets say ... salt water in the motor instead of oil ...

How easy to spit on what's never been tried ...

Some sheiete flops in theory ...
Some of it works fine in theory ... and bombs in practice

Some of it bombs in theory, but works on practice, but that only because we start out wiht the wrong assumptions or the wrong something or the other or with too many unknowns.
This has bombed in theory ... and we have not even covered 1/2 the parameters, all of which make it worse and worse ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #4 - 07/31/13 at 20:50:20

I've said this before, there should be no party. Something is either right or wrong and the Congressmen voting along party lines is just plain stupid. Some of the states are beginning to fight the feds and I love it. I'm not for a civil war yet but Washington is a crime ridden city of crooks who look after no one but themselves. A lot of them go to Washington with good intentions Usually it doesnt take them long to change. The Congresspeople who don't vote with party lines and stand up for what is right usually don't get reelected.Our guns are our only defense. Ron Paul makes more sense than anyone the Republicans ran and I don't ever think you'll catch him in a lie all the time like Romney. We've got to stop policing the world while our own country is going to hell. I am in no way a fan of Ted Nugent but he has a line I love. Be the Best You Can Be. That's not happening in Washington. Whats happening in Washington is Be The Best You Can Be For Your Overseas Bank Account. Screw the people who elected you. Its just going to get worse now that there's no limit on campaign donations. The government officials can be bought.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #5 - 08/01/13 at 12:35:55

Midnightrider wrote on 07/31/13 at 20:50:20:
I've said this before, there should be no party. Something is either right or wrong and the Congressmen voting along party lines is just plain stupid. Some of the states are beginning to fight the feds and I love it. I'm not for a civil war yet but Washington is a crime ridden city of crooks who look after no one but themselves. A lot of them go to Washington with good intentions Usually it doesnt take them long to change. The Congresspeople who don't vote with party lines and stand up for what is right usually don't get reelected.Our guns are our only defense. Ron Paul makes more sense than anyone the Republicans ran and I don't ever think you'll catch him in a lie all the time like Romney. We've got to stop policing the world while our own country is going to hell. I am in no way a fan of Ted Nugent but he has a line I love. Be the Best You Can Be. That's not happening in Washington. Whats happening in Washington is Be The Best You Can Be For Your Overseas Bank Account. Screw the people who elected you. Its just going to get worse now that there's no limit on campaign donations. The government officials can be bought.

well Midnight, I thought you were gonna one way.. and instead you went for broke ( not a bad thing).  A couple of thoughts though:

Political Parties: well they started out one thing but have grown into something else. I don't hate the idea of political parties but I do hate what they have become and the power they yield.
State Rights: the "civil war" would more accurately be called the war of states rights. States lost and the Federal court ruling makes NO sense. But the one side won, and they made the ruling. (basically saying we won nana... if you had won, then you would have been right). Actually Washington has been VERT smart to make sure they can whip the states into line anything they please. The federal taxes supercede state taxes and the federal then dole out money to the state... don't wanna do what the feds say?? fine.. no dole for you! (MS lost a chunk of highway money like that)

Something I learned in High School- that has always stuck with me... and sadly I see more and more evidence of:

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely- Washington in a nutshell... if they aint evil when they go in.. just give them a few months ... they will be. ( conversely or they will be castrated by the powers already there).

As far as "can be bought" ... its my believes that they have been bought since G. H. Bush (but bought by the CIA, not corps), its been corps ever since.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 08/01/13 at 16:25:03

The voice of the people hasnt been the guiding power in DC for over 100 years,, the concentration of power has slowly grown & with each step the number of bad guys outnumbers the good guys more & more, its a non-linear graph, like heat transfer or charge/discharge rates of a capacitor,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 12:32:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › be better if he went libertarian

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.